A/N...I apologise for the delay in posting this. Some home stuff got me out of the mood but hopefully this hasn't suffered. Again, everything you have let me know about your thoughts for this fic have been warmly read and appreciated. Thankyou all so much for your support.

Spike hugged her.

Buffy melted into his embrace and prepared her heart for answers she wasn’t sure weren’t too wiggy for her current frame of mind. His bare skin felt so nice against her that for a moment she wanted to tell him to forget all about it, to leave her in the dark about it all so she could just make it up herself and ignore the strangeness of what was going on.

But that strangeness was bound to be the precursor to something apocalyptic—experience had shown her that burying your head in the sand equaled no head. So, in the long run, wigginess would just have to take a backseat to getting the up on what Spike knew.

When he picked her up and carried her, cradled in his arms to the bed, she felt her body shivering. Not so much with cold, but in an adrenal letdown after the almost feral way she had claimed his body earlier. Claimed. That’s what had her bothered and confused and seriously climbing the wiggo-metre.

She couldn’t ask again, even though curiosity was making her want to explode with questions. It was almost like she was so filled with hopes, was so incredibly comfortable with the possibilities that she was in no rush for Spike to lay the truth on her and find it didn’t match up with her plans. Something had happened between the three of them—the sudden feeding of the baby making her bond them together as family. Buffy felt a tightening in her breasts, felt the puckering of her nipples as she thought of Lia and then groaned as she felt a wetness dripping down her body to pool at her belly.

She felt Spike’s hungry growl reverberate through her bones and she straightened a little further as Spike rushed her. His lips latched on to one nipple, his thumb rubbing the milk into the other.

“Holy fuck this is gorgeous.” And then Buffy couldn’t speak, lost in the sensation of his cool mouth soothing her heated need for giving sustenance. She felt like giving away to the sensation, but as much as she wanted to just believe what she could picture, Lia needed for her to know the truth. It was time to stop with the lustiness and get with the informiness.

“Spike,” she moaned beneath him—and very effectively smashed his face against the ripe swell of her breast.

The force of his body pushed her back and he positioned himself between her legs, mouth still avidly feeding from her nectar even as his fingers began to tease her curls. His chest brushed over her abdomen and her muscles shrank back in surprise, then stretched up to touch him again and again.

And then he was on the move, his cool tongue gliding over the dip in her stomach on the way to treating her to heaven. His tongue flickered in rapid licks over her clit, making it hard and eager for his attention. It felt like he was drinking her up, taking so much more of her essence inside of himself so that there was very little left that remained hers.

She couldn’t mind. Didn’t mind that he took such pleasure in making her moan, in making her writhe in need for him. As his tongue delved into her, loving her and making love to her, she fell deeper into that chasm that held just barely all her swirling confusion and passion for her mate and now her family. As he ate from her, she realized. Her family; they were both hers forever. Her responsibility, her heart and her soul.

When her orgasm hit, she hadn’t been expecting it, had instead been focusing on the gentle rub of Spike’s finger pad against her inner flesh, had been tracking the journey of his tongue as he lathed her into a tight curl of ecstasy. No matter what he had to tell her, she didn’t care. As long as it meant she could hang on to what she now had with him and with Lia, she’d deal.

It was now so natural, so expected that when he left her quivering lips to kiss her into another bliss, he would slide himself into her like he was arriving finally at home. He sucked on her neck, allowed his lips to focus on the bite marks that made her now belong with him while his pelvis slowly thrust within her. Hardly any movement and his resultant surge was as much a shock to her as her own had been mere minutes earlier.

Despite the lack of action, the slow and sweet lovemaking, breath was still gasped and sucked into greedy lungs as if they had both run a marathon. A relaxed numbness had settled over her body, and yet she couldn’t let him go. Felt a satisfaction in his weight as he settled over her, digging his elbows into the mattress on her sides as he attempted to keep the majority of himself from crushing her. But she collapsed his tense arms and felt so much more the intensity of having all of him on her, of owning and holding all of her mate.

Buffy was happy.

So it was time for the truth. Time for the thing that Spike knew that would probably crush her hopes and faith.

“Okay buster, tell me.”

Spike sighed, but knew somewhere within the blood he just claimed from his once enemy that it would be fine. All of it was bloody difficult to wrap a head around, but he had faith in his lover. She was a pretty cluey woman, all things considered. Still, the revelation required a deep breath.

“Right then. See, the thing is—” He paused, completely lost for words, his mouth open and just stalled, waiting for inspiration to hit him from out of nowhere.

“Uhuh, that’s quite a story you’ve got there, Spike. Can see how that might have been weird to keep all to yourself.”

“Too right, luv. You’ve no idea how hard it’s been to not tell you the bit isn’t the Watcher’s munchkin.”

Buffy’s eyes shot wide open at the unexpected confession. She bypassed the shock and went straight on to the hope part of the news. Not Giles’s, so maybe Buffy’s? Even though it still made no sense, it really did. In Buffy’s mind at least.

“Okay, so Giles isn’t a daddy. We can deal.”

He mentally groaned at her euphoric expression, hoping she was going to be as happy about the rest.

“She’s part garaqua demon.” He waited, watching as Buffy’s smile continued to beam at him, and then he saw the exact moment that his words filtered through her planning and made impact.

“Huh?” The smile had slipped, but hadn’t turned into a frown exactly. “My little girl’s a what now? And you did say part demon, right? So, does she still have a soul? Of course she has a soul. I would have been able to feel it if she didn’t. I would have had my spidey sense sending me up the wall and wanting me to kill. Nope, my baby is all with the soul-having. Phew. Okay, so what do you know about these types of demons?”

Spike was speechless as he just stared at his mate, then threw caution to the wind and smashed his lips to hers. His respect for the Slayer just grew even more as she kept her calm and seemed to have accepted within herself the changes that had been thrust upon her life.

It was a kiss that cemented their relationship.

“Buffy, thank you. Thank you for being okay.”

Her smile was watery as she held his eyes, feeling the settling on her heart that this was real, her family had found her and she didn’t need to go through anymore trauma of searching them out. Of risking her heart in hopeless relationships for a year or more and then found it went nowhere. She could already tell that this was it. This was forever. Now that she had it, the trick was to understand it. But what a relief that Giles had no claim to the baby, ‘cause boy that could have been messy.

“Okay, so we’re mommy and daddy to a baby half-demon. Give me the skinny. What kind is she again?”

“Garaqua. Water demon. Not sure exactly of all her talents.”

“But she somehow picked us as parents? Wow, that’s some kind of talent! Okay then.” She screwed up her eyebrows in deep thought and Spike started to get nervous. Couldn’t bode well for him when she started looking like she was thinking of the best way to kill something.

Then her face cleared and Spike was left with the feeling that he had been blessed with the sun and life and love and everything that made existence more than tolerable. More than astounding.

“Guess where we are?” she asked as she started bouncing on the bed in excitement. “We are in Giles’s, the land of endless books. Research party!” she exclaimed before launching herself back into his arms. “As soon as I’ve seen to that lip.”


A/N...whoa, you guys are incredible! Thank you so much for your support in this fic. Thank you to those who let me know youa re reading and enjoying : Allison, Mari, Erin, Isabel, Rana, pj, dreamgirl4eva, Isabel, Demonica Mills, Seraiza, Kimber, s.p.hudson, Caroline, blacknblue2, Bynee, Amanda, Reciprocity, icemink, vampkiss, Brunettepet, Ana04, Bridget, bex makes u fly, Crystal Pegasus, Mariana, BuffyRat, Cordykitten, daisy, uncaged muse, BuffyandSpikeForever and Anne. I cannot express how much your reviews mean.