Author's Chapter Notes:
Please enjoy. Am hoping to get another one or two done before I go into labour. Review and elt me know how desperate you are? ;o)
Chapter Twenty-One

“Where’s the powder?”

“How the hell should I know? Do you need powder?”

Silence.

“Perhaps cream?”

“I’m not touching…here, cream. Good luck to you.”

Sounds of disgust.

“What the hell do they feed this kid? That can’t be human.”

“Well, she is half-demon. Maybe theirs is special.”

“And thank you very much for that subtle reminder. How did I become grandfather to a half-demon with a vampire son-in-law? The world obviously stopped spinning and I am now burning up at the rate of knots in the middle of space somewhere.”

“Hey, get it together. We’re only changing a diaper. We still have to—”

“It’s called a nappy, you pillock. Anyone with half a brain knows that you are an Irishman. Where you picked up these namby-pamby Americanisms is beyond me.”

“Hey! It’s called being immortal for over two centuries. And living in America. You pick up stuff.”

“Oh yes, picking up stuff. Not to mention becoming a traitor to your Mother Country. I mean, even Spike—”

“Hey! How about we leave Spike out of this. Unless you want to get into how he’s now your son-in-law.”

“Well, it’s not like I’m likely to ever forget now, is it? Not with little Ophelia being pushed into my care on a regular basis.”

“Well, how do you know they won’t decide to move to LA and make me the new nanny?”

“Because she’s the bloody Slayer and this is the Hellmouth. Only way Buffy would end up asking you to be a nanny is over Spike’s dusty remains, and now that they’ve mated, I hardly see that occurring.”

The bitter battle was ended as a loud pounding on the door broke through their rising ire. Giles looked at what he’d accomplished with the nappy, passed the baby to his lumbering and totally useless sidekick, bellowed to the visitor to ‘hold onto your knickers’ and went to wash his hands thoroughly and with much soap.

“Hold your bloody horses,” he grumbled irritably as he finally reached the door, opening it onto a fuming Joyce.

“What the hell is going on? I leave for a week and suddenly my nineteen year old daughter is a mother? What is this? The Mouth of Hell?” Her face was pink, her eyes wild, and then her eyes fell onto the little bundle of squirming joy writhing in Angel’s arms.

“Awwww, is that my granddaughter? Give her to me,” she demanded, her voice almost feral as she forced the vampire to surrender the child to her before she was tempted to do something drastic.

Angel didn’t argue, handing the baby over right as her diaper fell off.

Joyce glared at him—as if it was his fault that Giles couldn’t get the idea of one of those little sticky strap thingies—and rushed her back to the table to fix her up properly.

And then she got a good look at her. Stunning blue eyes stared at her, intense even in their youth, and skin a light olive and hair a mousy blond. She was the picture of baby gorgeousness, and Joyce just gave in to the cooing expected of her new grandmotherly status.

It was her infuriated silence that had them spilling about the situation, Giles trying to keep the status of Buffy’s now marriage-like lifestyle a little less vulgar than how he’d stumbled onto the notion, but thank Angel and his jealous mouth. Joyce heard it all, asked questions, and then told them to sit. They were forced to remain seated as she clucked over the baby, feeding her the bottle Buffy had left and then playing until she slept.

If either man dared move while they waited for her daughter and newly mated vampire returned home, they knew which appendage would be going on permanent vacation.

Once the bottle of scotch was liberated from a cupboard within reach of Giles’ chair, the two men settled in for the wait.


~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Buffy couldn’t get those melons out of her brain. The shape, the way they curved and the perfect pink bud that just jutted out there, begging to be sucked. And if that wasn’t bad enough, she couldn’t let go of the image of Spike doing exactly that. To a brainless skank like Harmony. It turned her stomach.

She knew she had no right, but Buffy couldn’t help the pout that settled on her lips, ignoring for the moment the layer of sweat that now covered her entire body. Ignoring the state of her nudity as she straddled a hardening Spike in the middle of a public cemetery.

“You weren’t really attracted to her because of her boobs, were you?”

Spike looked at her like she’d lost her mind.

“Are you losing your marbles? What other reason could one possibly find attractive about Harm?”

The answer rode Buffy’s hormones like nothing else and she slapped him across the chest, tears webbing her lashes together.

“You big dumb guy. You should never have gone out with her. She’s a skanky ho and now you’re mine and she has big boobs that won’t go all saggy because she’s a vamp and she can stay young and gorgeous and how could you shag something like that anyway?” Her breath ran out just as the tears broke free and rolled down her cheeks.

“Um, pet? You’re immortal now, yeah? Your boobs won’t sag and you won’t get old. You’ll be just as sexy and gorgeous in a hundred years as Harm will be. More. Because she’ll get herself dusted soon enough and someone who’s brain dead doesn’t remain attractive after you’re bored with her body.”

So the wrong thing to say.

“So, you’re gonna get bored with my body? ‘Cause what have I got to offer? I’m just a slayer with a passing grade in everything because I’m too tired to study and now I’m a mom and God, how am I going to be a good example for Lia when I haven’t even been to school much this week. I can’t leave you long enough because I crave you touching me and need you inside me and—”

He pulsed inside of her, his cock fattening up again as she sobbed her concerns out to him. Emotional bloody females. She was going to drive him barmy. As if he would dump one dumb blond for another. Buffy was many many things that Harmony Kendall could never dream of being. Coherent and not bloody annoying for one.

And he loved her. He could never say that for the blond bimbo who thought it perfectly natural to flash her tits in the hopes of enticing him back. Bint was off her tree if she thought rotund gratuitous flesh was going to suck him in when he had a woman who was full of sustenance for his child. And remembering Buffy’s status only made his cock swell tighter. He could easily get off just on the thought of Buffy in his life. He didn’t feel the hassle of foreplay with her, he relished it. With Harm it was a job, a duty to get his own payback. With Buffy, it was his new religion.

As he pulled her body closer to his, let his tongue stroke a long lick of her tears from her cheek, he let his lips find hers. And hoped that the slow sincerity and love he felt could be passed on through a kiss.

Because she was one kick from insanity if she ever thought he’d want Harmony over what he had with her.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

“That bitch. How dare she think she can steal my Blondie Bear. He’s mine.” Harmony’s voice warbled sadly as one of her new crew started licking her toes. “I mean, I devoted my life to him, and he just chewed me up and spat me out whenever he felt like it.”

“Um, I thought you threw him out when he came crawling back last time. You know, when you went all arsonist on the guy’s vinyl.”

Harmony glared at the guy working his tongue up her leg. “That is so not the point and you know it. I was just trying to show him I could be tough. How was I supposed to know he’d been picked up and chipped like a common little vamp? I mean, I have a reputation you know.”

“Yeah babe, you got one of those alright.” The vampire latched onto her juicy clit and teased her mercilessly, hoping he could get her to pass out for just five minutes so he could go out and get some real action. If not he’d just have to wait until she got tired of him and beckoned to the next poor vamp in line.

Harmony rolled her hips up and started grabbing at her breasts through her top. Then she stopped, suddenly kicking her vamp toy away and whipped off her shirt, contemplating her perky breasts like they held the cure for cancer. Except, hello! Vamp now. What did cancer even mean to her these days?

“These are pretty, right? I mean, I have good boobies, right?”

“Oh, very fuckable tits. Come here and I’ll show you.”

As she felt the rub of cock between the globes of her flesh, Harmony stayed distracted. What she needed was a plan. One to get her Spikey away from the major mistake that was his relationship with the Slayer. She just needed something he’d want and would never leave her for.

Pity she’d melted all his favourite records.