Author's Chapter Notes:
I am so excited...entering into the final stretch of this story. I am overwhelmed by the support you have all given me and will try to have these final parts written sooner rather than later. Please keep reviewing and let me know what you think of what is happening!
Chapter Twenty-Three

“Are you sure this doesn’t make me look like a git?” Spike stood with his arms on his hips, feet apart and baby Lia dangling from his chest in a baby sling. He was scowling at Buffy, just daring her to laugh at him so he could show her how big and bad he still could be.

“Oh no, not even a little. You look cute.” Buffy licked her lips at her lover in the perfect imitation of a sex-starved nympho and then quickly turned into the cemetery gates, careful to keep her snickering silent.

Spike huffed angrily. “Cute? I bloody well do not look cute. Master vampire here, luv. Destroy my rep to look cute.

“Oh you got that right, bub! Look fellas, it’s William the Bloody Awful Babysitter. We’re gonna enjoy taking you down. Your little charge there will make a delicious entrée—” Ringleader Guy flaked to the ground as Buffy twirled her stake in satisfaction. The crowd that he’d led into the patrolled graveyard looked at Buffy in fear. With their sire suddenly gone—before most of them could even blink and certainly before any of them could process the tragedy—Buffy had shouted ‘Boo’ and they’d raced off in every direction but home in a mix of primal fear and knowledge. Lacking direction, they crashed into each other and took so long to flee that both Spike and Buffy had managed to dust each and every one without breaking a sweat.

“Well, saved the reputation for another night. I think that’s cause for a little celebration.” Spike leered at Buffy’s tightly clothed body and wondered what exactly he could get away with. And how quickly he could get her to go indoors so he could take off the criss-crossed threat to his manhood.

“No way, Mister. You’ve got baby duty so no dirty exercising in the cemetery.” She smiled though, and Buffy could feel the hunger that lived with her hourly now to show him that her feelings hadn’t changed. Would never change.

However, patrol was in the happening and Buffy couldn’t put it off any longer. She’d let too many days go by while she lost herself in her new feelings and family. She was the Slayer and had a duty, and now that she had a daughter to protect, keeping the Hellmouth under reasonable control was of major importance.

Spike took up the slack behind her, his lip all pouty even as he hummed his version of punk music to his gurgling daughter and being careful not to let Buffy catch him smiling at Lia any of the times she turned suddenly to see what he was doing.

They were diligent, though, keeping both sets of eyes scanning the surrounds for danger, using latent senses to keep them in the know of any evil that might be lurking about. They’d hit a stumbling block with the babysitting before they’d left. No one was available, and while that thought was a little worrying, so was the link that wouldn’t allow the adults to remain apart from each other and their child. The bond was too new, too strong to let anything keep them from each other. But that didn’t mean they didn’t recognise the danger of taking a baby out at night on the Hellmouth. It just meant that they were lucky to have superpowers to help keep them safe.

Despite being alert, one single vampire seemed to slip by their vigilance and attempted an attack.

“I got it, love,” called Spike as he jumped into the fray, Lia squealing her excitement as her bleach-haired daddy kicked his opponent in the balls and punched him in his distorted face. “Take that, you ignorant bastard. Don’t you know it’s bloody beyond evil to attack a bloke with a baby on board.” That seemed to tickle Spike’s fancy, and with a flick of his wrist he turned his back on the tumble of ash as he tossed the suggestion to Buffy. “Hey, pet. We need one of those bumper stickers for the car.”

Buffy chuckled on ahead. Big Bad my ass, she thought snidely.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

There was definitely something tickling at his subconscious, but he just couldn’t tear his hands away from her breasts. The first thing he’d done once he’d made Harmony’s acquaintance was to try to convince her to get her top off. Once he’d achieved that, there was no going back. Tight pink nipples hardened and protruded from his touch, enticing his tongue to flick and teeth to bite as his hands squeezed the luscious plumpness of them. His hand cupped around the curve of each, his mouth working the nubs and his cock swelled to almost unbearable pain as he rubbed it gently against her crotch. She was wet, he could feel it and it made him even more excited, knowing that he had it right here. Had the hot flesh of woman at the mercy of his fingertips.

That was it!

There was no hot flesh. He could feel the squishy wetness of her pussy seeping through her underwear, could feel her body react to him, but he couldn’t feel any heat from her skin and he couldn’t feel any heartbeat under his face as he dived into the pillow softness of her breasts.

Oh God.

He, Riley Finn, demon hunter and Initiative officer, had brought home his very own vampire. She was pretty—even if everything out of her mouth was completely clueless and blonde. As her hands reached to release his cock from his pants he had to wonder how much it mattered. Oh sure, he felt ashamed that he couldn’t sense her a mile off and wondered how good he was as a soldier if he couldn’t even keep up his vampire intolerance while he had one about to take him into her body. Anyone would, he was sure of it. But with his cock throbbing and her hand curled around him and leading him to rub against her sodden panties, he couldn’t remember what procedure dictated for this kind of situation. If there was a procedure. Was he meant to dust her? Not that he could. She may lack the warmth of a human body, but she was pretty damn capable in the ways that mattered to him this second.

Totally consumed by lust, Riley barely even noticed the amber eyes flickering as Harmony moaned and rolled him over, allowing herself better access. She grinned at him flirtatiously as she bent her head and sucked his length down her throat.

“Mmmm, yummy. Like a lollypop.” And she proceeded to slurp him stupid, mewling and moaning around his turgid cock while subtly ripping her own panties off.

Riley was trying not to jerk up into her throat, trying to control the urges that wanted him to plow into her deep and never let her pry her throat muscles off him. Instead he felt air, and then her slippery coldness around the unbearable fever of his cock and he shouted out at the sensation.

“Oh baby, ride me. Jump on my cock, let me be your wild Bronco, baby.”

She giggled and he felt not even the slightest bit silly, completely taken over by the fuck of a lifetime. He had no idea if any human had ever willingly done it with a vampire—as far as he knew they were animals and couldn’t take anyone with approval. They forced and tortured and raped as they went.

Just as he was about to spurt his cum high up in her pussy, she leaned down and bit him, a flash of concern felt only briefly as her fangs plundered his vein and a burst of euphoria lit him up for a second blow like a rocket at take off.

“Holy fuck,” he gasped out, his body weakening by degrees as she slurped noisily at his blood.

Harmony still bounced, her wet walls helping him slip in and out smoothly until she reached the same high and she quivered around him, her mouth finally releasing her grip on his neck as she panted and whimpered and grunted like an animal being attacked.

It was only the start—the bite and the sounds doing more for the soldier’s libido than anything had done in years. Not since he’d been a horny teenager and innocent little Mary-Sue surrendered her virginity to him and he’d unravelled an enthusiastic instigator of the more risky sides of sex.

He’d just stuck it to a vampire—one with an amazing body and who seemed to worship his own in ways he’d never have expected. He had the feeling that there was no coming back from this. Feeling her fangs in his body had unleashed a need he’d never known could exist and now he had a whole different perspective on the mission. On the animals he was told to kill or capture.

Around the fourth time that night, Riley came up with a plan. He’d keep Harmony safe, not quite his pet, but close. He’d keep the Initiative away from her, let her exist in peace—but only as long as she wasn’t killing the residents of Sunnydale—and he’d nightly fuck her into the ground. There’d never been a better arrangement. He knew he’d be punished if his superiors ever found out, but it was a risk he was willing to take. Wouldn’t be the first time a man had sacrificed the mission for a bit of skirt.

It was almost dawn when they stopped, exhausted. Harmony slumped on his chest, her finger trailing over a muscular bicep to linger at her marks at his throat. She pouted up at him, her big lips all the more succulent to Riley’s exhausted mind.

“I don’t want to kill you. You taste too good to let you go.” She confided in him like she was a child and he was the one who had the power of making her decisions.

It was perfect for what he had in mind.

“You don’t want to kill me. Not when I can do this for you.” His hand settled in her damp curls, his finger fumbling for the button that had made her writhe earlier.

She bit her lip and looked at him carefully, contemplating. Then the seriousness vanished and she’d decided something without letting anything slip.

“Okay.”

There was just enough time for one…more…hard….