Epilogue - Endings and Beginnings

“So, then they defeated the big ugly First despite his evil plans. The two souled vampires stopped the apocalypses, plural, saving the entire world and they got to become human again. Which was a big surprise to yours truly, let me tell you!”

Buffy smiled as she listened to Spike telling his story to his somewhat captive audience. The infant was staring at him and cooing around a tiny little fist in it’s mouth. She decided she should probably intervene before he decided to begin one of his more colorful tales, and pushed through the door out onto the porch.

“You know, Angel is going to have your head if he discovers you’ve kidnapped his daughter.” Buffy scolded.

Spike startled as being caught, but quickly recovered.

“Didn’t kidnap. The little bit was fussin’ up a storm and no one else in the house seemed to hear her, so I rescued her and decided to entertain her a bit,” Spike countered.

“The Big Bad rescued a baby from crying?” Buffy repeated.

“I’ll have you know I’m great with the kiddies,” Spike replied indignantly.

“Yeah. You are,” Buffy admitted with a smile. After a moment of watching Spike play with the child, she quietly asked, “Do you think about children? Now that you can I mean.”

Spike didn’t even pause before he answered. “Sometimes. Never thought I’d have a chance to ‘till I became human again. But, then there’s the whole thing with all the Slayers we have to train. Plus Angel’s and demon girl have this one now, so I’ll probably just spoil her a bit. Make the grand poof as angry as possible.”

Buffy laughed before looking a Spike earnestly. “You’ll make a great father Spike.”

Spike looked at Buffy with confusion, searching her face for meaning.

“Something you want to tell me, pet?” Spike asked.

Buffy smiled very deviously before answering, “Maybe. Maybe not. Why don’t you come back upstairs and find out.” She finished as she stood up and walked back in the house.

Spike looked down at the infant he still held. “You know, I always said I was gonna be the death of that Slayer, but I’m fairly certain it’ll be the other way around,” He confided as he stood up and walked back into the house.

“Oi! Angel!” Spike hollered as he walked up the stairs.

**********

~fin~

a/n-OK. That it folks. No more. This story is done. Hope you enjoyed! A nice little Spuffy ending. A few lingering questions. My muse is still evil after all!