Same as LMFM, will post again on Monday when I get home from Houston......

William stood at the door to Buffy's new home, poised to ring the doorbell. His finger was in position, ready to push the buzzer, but something kept holding him back. The thought of seeing his and Buffy's babies for the first time, in the flesh, scared the hell out of him.

'God! How did things get this out of control? "He asked himself. "Don't answer that." He mumbled as he closed his eyes and laid his hand gently against the door.

Buffy stood inside the door, waiting for the doorbell to ring. She'd been watching for his arrival for the last half hour. The butterflies were at war it seem inside her stomach, she was so nervous.

"What's taking him so long? Please, Will, don't back out now. You can do this, I believe in you." She whispered, as she placed her hand against the door, willing him to push the buzzer.

"I can do this. I deserve this, they are mine." He mumbled as his hand moved from the door to the doorbell.

Buffy felt her chest tighten; afraid he'd give up and leave. Her hand drifted down toward the doorknob. "You deserve this, please don't run." She prayed.

The ringing of the doorbell announced his decision bringing a warm smile to her face as she sighed, "I knew you could do it."

She took a few seconds before she answered the door. Greeting him with a welcoming smile on her face, letting him see she was happy to see him.

"Hey!"

"Hello, Pet."

"You came at a good time. They just woke up from their nap." She informed him as she stood to the side to allow him to enter.

"Great, I was worried they'd still be asleep." William replied softly, as he walked past her and into the home, she shared with another man.

They stood in the foyer, neither knowing what to say when William asked, "So, tell me what we do first?"

Buffy giggled at the mixed expression of fear, anxiety, and excitement on his face as she replied, "First diaper brigade, second battle is feeding hungry babies, and then the best for last, entertaining said very energetic terrors."

Will, couldn't help but laugh as he said, "Then lead the way, you will have to show me how to change a diaper." He then turned serious when he continued, "Hell, Buffy, you're going to have to teach me everything."

"Don't worry, it took me some getting used to and I'm still learning." Buffy was quick to reassure him. "Just relax and take it one step at a time."

She could see how nervous he was. Taking him by the hand, she led him toward the stairs with words of encouragement, "Come and meet your son and your daughter."

William's heart started to race when she took his hand. He followed her up the stairs, trying to avoid the sway of her hips. The home décor suddenly became of interest, wanting to keep his memories of when he'd show her what her sexy little walk did to him in the past.

The house reminded him so much of Buffy. The simple mixtures of earthy tones of brown, beige, and hunter green reinforced the fact this was her home. He could smell the vanilla throughout the house, making him homesick for her.

"You still burn vanilla candles and I bet you have your potpourri scatter about the place." He said absently.

"Yeah, Riley jokes about investing in the vanilla companies." She laughed and then suddenly stopped. She remembered how he had teased her the same way when they were together. "Sorry."

"Nothin' to be sorry about, Pet." William shrugged, hoping his look of disappointment had remained well hidden.

She didn't have to turn around and look at his face to know her words had inadvertently hurt him. The truth remained; more words that would unintentionally hurt him. In fact, some would hurt her as well, as they learned to become friends.

Spike's uneasiness at where their conversation was going suddenly changed, as he heard the babies jabbering. Their voices were the second sweetest thing he'd ever heard in his life, next to Buffy's whispering in his ear when they made love.

"Beautiful!"

"What?" Buffy asked as she turned to look at him, noticing him standing with his eyes closed.

"They sound so sweet and innocent; babbling about as if they had no cares in the world. No pain, just joy and happiness, untouched by the ugliness that surrounds them." He whispered unaware he'd voiced his thoughts aloud, his expression a mixture of awe and sadness.

Buffy realized for the first time he was about to meet his salvation. There was no way he'd come away from meeting his children untouched by their goodness and light. She truly believed they would not let their father down, and show him just how much they could help him find his way. For the first time since yesterday's disaster she found something to smile about.

She reached up and cupped his cheek, smiling at how he leaned into her touch without opening his eyes. He looked older, tired, but yet stronger then what she remembered. A sense of maturity that wasn't present when they had been together.

"You are their father, they are a part of you. No ugliness will touch them because all you will do is love them. In return they will love you, unconditionally." She said as she leaned in to kiss his lips softly.

"I'm scared I will let them down, you down." He whispered, accepting the kiss as what it meant that she still cared about him.

"So am I. I think it's normal to feel that way." Buffy reassured him, "I don't want to be my mother."

"Never!" William exclaimed as he opened his eyes and stared in to hers, "You will never be like your mother, never in a million years."

Buffy let his comment go as she changed the subject by saying, "Come and meet your children."

"I'm unsure about taking care of babies."

"I'll be here to help you."

"So whose nappy should we change first?" William asked, his voice sounding so nervous and uncertain.

"Molly, she's less intimidating and less dangerous. Ryan's a bit more daring and sometimes likes to pee when his diaper comes off." Buffy joked.

"He must like showing off his male attributes." William chuckled as he followed Buffy over to the crib in the far corner.

"Like father, like son." Buffy teased.

William's breath caught in his chest as he got his first glimpse of his daughter. She was lying on her back, cooing away as she played with her toes. The first thing he noticed and planted forever in his mind, as their eyes met, was the fact she had her mother’s eyes.

"Molly, you have a special visitor today, baby girl." Buffy softly informed her daughter as she lifted her out of the crib, and then handing her to her father while saying, "Meet your daddy."

"Effulgent!" William whispered as he accepted her, pulling her close to his chest, losing his heart as her little hands patted his cheeks and giggled. "She's perfect."

Buffy fought the tears as she noticed the adoration in William's eyes as he continued to gaze at his daughter. Any doubts she had concerning his ability to be a good father flew out the window.

"Hello, Kitten, we've got some catching up to do." William said as he kissed her forehead.

"Bring her over to the changing table and we'll get her changed." Buffy said as she directed him toward the large changing table over by the window. "We will get her all freshened up and then you can meet your son."

William followed her as he held his little girl close, making sure not to drop her. He became nervous when Buffy told him to lay her down, not wanting to let her go.

"Will, it's okay, I'll walk you through it." Buffy teased as she gave him a wink.

"I don't ever want to let her go."

"I know, I felt the same way when I first held her."

"God, Buffy I've missed so much."

"But you’re here now." She reminded him, as she watched him gently lay Molly down on the changing table.

She slowly talked him though changing a baby's diaper. William hung on every word, wanting to learn everything he needed to know to take care of his children.

*******

Wesley answered the door wondering who would be visiting him. William was at Buffy's, and Angel and Cordelia were picking up Giles at the airport.

"Eric, what a surprise, what brings you here?" Wesley greeted his as he waved him into the room.

"Wes, I've been doing a lot of thinking about something and I need to ask for your help." Eric replied as he entered the room hoping Wesley agreed with his plan.

"You know I will do anything I can to help you."

"That I have no doubt."

"Then have a seat and tell me what it is I can help you with."

Eric took a deep breath and bluntly said, "Would today be a good day to tell William I believe he's my son?"

Wesley gave his question some very serous thought before asking, "Would you mind if we talked a bit before I give you my answer?"

"No, not at all." Eric relaxed, his respect for this man elevated for thinking about William first. "I'm sure you have a few questions."

"Yes, I do. I just don’t want any complications to come William's way with what he wants to do tomorrow."

"That's why I want to tell him now. I want to be there to support him, not only as a friend, but as his father."

"Then talk to me." Wesley encouraged as he sat back and let Eric tell his story.

*******

William fought the tears when Buffy handed him Molly's outfit for the day. The pink little bib overalls saying 'Daddy's Girl' on the front.

"I couldn't resist them yesterday." Buffy said with a few tears of her own fighting to break free. "Here put this on her and then we will put her back in the crib and take care of Ryan. She might fuss a little, but it won't be for long."

William dressed his daughter, his princess, with such a feeling of sense of purpose. In his head, he was already planning what he was going to do Monday. He would be dragging Angel and Cordy to the nearest real estate office and buying a house. He would find the place he was going to call home.

"Don't worry, Kitten. Daddy's going to come and get you after I meet your brother." William promised her kissing both her cheeks, before placing her back into her crib.

Buffy watched how Molly appeared to be listening to everything her father was telling her. Then seeing the baby amuse herself after being placed back into her crib, made her smile. Molly never liked being put back in her crib after getting dressed.

"Come and meet your son." Buffy smiled as she wiggled her index finger at him, telling him to come over by her.

"My son, wow! I never thought I would ever say those words." William's voice sounded dazed as he walked toward Buffy and his son's crib.

"Hello, baby boy, Mommy's got a surprise for you." Buffy teased as she picked him up and handed him over to his father, "Ryan, meet your Daddy, Daddy meet your son."

The tears fell down William's cheeks, as he embraced is son. No words could describe what he was feeling at this moment. It was amazing to have your own eyes looking back at you. Holding something, precious close to your heart that you helped to create, was overwhelming. For him it was double having held his daughter and now stood holding his son close to his heart.

"God, Buffy I can't find the words to describe what you've given me today." William said as his love for her shined in his eyes.

She felt the ice melt, and the walls crumble that she'd eradicated around her heart that day. The day Spike had told her he no longer loved her. Everything that Cordy, Willow, and Faith, told her made sense now. No longer blinded by her need to protect herself from what her heart really wanted, more like needed. She embraced the fact that she was still very much in love with the father of her children.

*******

Angel hugged his father as he said, "God! I'm so happy to see you."

Giles returned the embrace as he replied, "I've missed you."

Angel had not realized just how much he'd missed his father, until he watched the older man's approach. To think that William never had this feeling, a feeling of having a father that loved him, was more evident at this time.

Giles sighed, "How are you?"

Angel broke the embrace giving his father a weak smile, "I'm fine, for now."

"Worried about tomorrow?" Giles asked as he and his son started walking toward the exit.

"Yeah."

"Well, we will face it together as a family."

"I'm glad you're here."

"I am too."

"Good, so how about a quick tour of the place. Will's going to call when he's back at the hotel."

"So he's with Buffy?"

"Yeah, I've never seen him so nervous."

"I'm sure." Giles nodded as he secretly prayed that by seeing the twins, William by some miracle would want to see Abby.

"I know what you're thinking." Angel said, just a bit harshly.

"A man can hope." Giles sighed as he gave his son a reassuring smile as he said, "I will keep my hope to myself and not let it interfere in my being here for William."

"Sorry!"

"No need to be sorry, you're protecting your cousin, and I admire that." Giles praised his son.

"Well, we had better get moving before Cordy comes and hunts us down."

*******

"So what do you think?" Eric asked, looking anxious.

"I have one question."

"Okay, shoot."

"How would you feel about him if you find out he's not your son?"

"I wouldn't care. He's Anne's son, I can't walk away from him."

"But what about William, is it because he's Anne's son the only reason?"

Eric shook his head and replied as honestly as he could, "No, he's special to me, I felt it the moment I met him. I will be here for him, no matter what."

Wesley smiled, "Then that is what you need to make him understand. That he is what's most important, not the fact his Anne's son."

Eric relaxed, as he understood what he was being told. He needed to make William believe he was important because of who he is, not who his mother was.

"Thanks, Wes. So do you think it would be okay to tell him tonight. I want him to know I'm here for him, no matter what."

"I think it would be good for him. He needs to know he has a strong support system." Wesley replied, his own instinct screaming that Eric was indeed William's father.

*******