Disclaimer: Same as the first chapter

A/N: Begings the spiral of Spike's decent in to losing control of his life. Thus beginning Fred's fall from grace.

Spike sat at the back of the plane, feeling like a ball of nerves. Everyone avoided him like the plague, except for Angel. Doyle glared at him with a look of disgust; even Tara wouldn't look him in the eyes.

The confident man left once he said goodbye to Buffy at the airport. He couldn't help but feel he was going to fail and as a result all he wanted was to ask someone to get him something in the alcohol nature to drink.

Eric walked back to check on the pale young man, recognizing the symptoms for what they were. The man needed a drink it was written all over his face while he watched a few of the others drink from their bottles of beer.

"We will be landing soon, and a Fred Burkle will be waiting for you at the hotel. I'm sure he will have something to help you with the withdrawal." Eric reassured him as he sat down next to him. "I see by the looks of things you have your girl back."

Spike smiled seemed a bit shaky as he replied, "Yeah, she's going to let me woo her back."

Eric chuckled as he said, "From the looks of things not much wooing will be needed."

"Yeah, what can I say, she loves me." Spike's smile grew steady as he thought about his Goldilocks.

"Did she want to come?" Eric asked

"No, she thinks this is something I should try without her at first." Spike explained wondering what the other man would think.

"She's pretty and smart too." Eric winked, "She wants you to start this on your own so you don't come to depend on her all the time."

Spike gave him a nervous looked as he said, "But what if I can't do it alone?"

Eric gave him an encouraging smile, "You are not alone, I'm sure she is just one phone call away."

Spike laughed, "Yeah, she said she would come if I called her."

The plane's PA dinged as the captain announced, "We are preparing to land in sunny Las Vegas. Please everyone buckle up and remain seated until the ride comes to a complete stop."

"I hate landing." Spike muttered.

"I know what you mean." Eric agreed as he belted himself in.

*******

"So, he's getting professional help this time?" Robin said with a look of contemplation on his face. "Man that's going to be hard with being on the road, and all the temptation being shoved under his nose."

"No pun intended right," Buffy, replied sarcastically to the 'shoved under the nose' comment.

Robin at first looked confused before he said, "Honestly, innocent play on words, no pun intended. I guess you don't know just how many ways your words could mean something else."

Buffy relaxed seeing that Robin really had not meant it as a bad thing. She continued to stock the bar and get ready for the lunch crowd that would be coming through the door at any minute.

"Hey, Buffy."

"Hi, Riley, how's studying coming along?" She asked, the young man who'd just finished his medical residency at UCLA and was studying for his boards.

"Long and difficult in a torturous kind of way, you could say." He sighed as he gave her a shy smile.

"Just think you will be a real doctor in the Army in 3 months traveling the world and saving lives." Buffy reminded him as she patted his hand, "So what will it be, the corn beef on rye, or the corn beef on rye?"

Riley chuckled as he looked at the blonde beauty before him, "I'll have the tuna melt instead. I think I'm ready to live life more on the edge these days."

Buffy rolled her eyes as she giggled, "Yeah, big chance there with the tuna, it could really be bad for you."

"So how is life treating you Summers?" He asked, watching as Robin walked back to the kitchen with his order.

"Oh, same ole, same ole." She said nonchalantly as she reached into a cooler to grab him his soda. "Are you on call, or is this your day off."

"I have clinic today at three, and then I'm the night green senior tonight and covering admissions from the ED."

"How do you do it, all these weird hours?" Buffy asked as she put his can of pop and a glass of ice in front of him.

Riley's smile was contagious as he replied, "It's hard, but it will be worth it when I have M.D. behind my name and I can make a difference."

"I'm glad there are people like you in the world that really does care about people like me." Buffy giggled.

"Here you go, one tuna melt with a side of fries and cold slaw." Willow chirped as she put the plate in front of the frequent customer.

Willow was sure that the tall blonde hunk came in to see Buffy. She was also aware that her friend and co-worker didn't have a clue about it. So many times, she wished she had introduced Buffy to Riley first; he was just what her friend needed. A nice clean-cut, focused, stable, man anyone would be proud to call a husband. Not, an insecure, troubled, unstable, unfocused, man that was draining her friend's spirit more and more.

"So where is Spike now?" Riley asked, wishing it would be his name instead of that asshole's putting that glow on her face.

"He should be landing in Vegas as we speak." Buffy sighed, remembering how they had made love all night, and him promising to come back to her a better man.

Willow noticed the way just hearing Spike's name made Buffy get all dreamy. It made her realize that even if Riley had came first in her life; Spike would have still been the one that stole her heart. It made her sad to think it would break Buffy's heart if Spike failed her again.

*******

By the time they got to the hotel Spike's body was aching all over and felt unable to relax. He started to worry he would not be able to find his zone and play his best tonight. The urge to walk over to the bar and order a beer and a shot was becoming stronger as they approached the check in counter.

"Spike, are you okay?" Angel asked, seeing how his cousin's eyes kept darting over toward the hotel bar.

"I'm not sure I can do this now." Spike's voice trembled as he answered truthfully. "I'm feeling like I'm losing it."

"Let's get checked in and find out if the doc is here." Angel tried to keep him focused, "I'm right here and not going to leave you."

Spike looked over and tried to smile, "I'm feeling all edgy and nervous. What if I can't play tonight?"

"Let's take one step at a time." Angel reassured him. "Together we can do this."

"I wish Buffy was here."

"I do too." Angel thought to himself, wishing she had come with them so Spike would not have to face this alone without her support.

"But it's for the best, I need to prove to her I mean what I said, earn her trust again before she jumps back in with both feet." Spike explained, knowing Angel wouldn't understand why Buffy refused to come with him.

"I understand." Angel agreed, seeing for the first time that maybe his cousin was going to find his inner strength to fight this and win.

"I'm scared I'm going to fail." Spike whispered, not wanting the others to overhear him.

"I would think that's normal." Angel said with a shrug, "It tells me that you want to succeed."

"Or I can see my future." Spike muttered, wondering what was taking so long for Anya to get them checked in.

"I believe in you." Angel firmly told his cousin, "I'm scared too, if you want to know. I'm scared that I won't be there for you when you need me. I'm scared that Cordy will find someone better then me and will leave me someday. I'm scared that one day I'm going to lose everything I've worked for. I find that what scares me makes me work harder to make it not so."

"God I need a shower, or something. I need to get away from here, it's like I can smell it calling to me." Spike sighed.

"Then let's get out of here." Angel smiled as he motioned for Cordy to call him with any updates, as he took Spike by the arm and led him out of the hotel. "Let's go check out the park across the street, Cordy will call us when we can check in."

*******

Eric answered the knock on his door, surprised to see the young woman standing before him. She was slender about 5'6" with long brown hair pulled up in a stylish bun, dressed in a pin stripped skirt suit. Her brown eyes were slightly hidden behind her dark brown-rimmed glasses.

"Mr. Stewart I presume." Her southern drawl told him she was American.

"Yes, and you are?" He smiled politely and hoped she was not who he thought she was.

"Hi, I'm Fred Burkle, Lilah Morgan sent me." She introduced herself as she reached out her hand.

"I don't mean to be rude, Miss Burkle, but I was expecting someone of the male gender." Eric said, trying to keep the uneasiness out of his voice.

"I know. I get that a lot." Fred answered with a soft understanding smile on her face as she reassured him, "But I'm very good at what I do."

"I'm sure you are, but I'm thinking my friend will benefit more with a male companion." Eric tried to delicately to explain he was not comfortable with her being here.

"I'm sure Miss Morgan can find a replacement in a few days. But can your friend handle being without some professional guidance until then." Fred politely said, feeling a bit angry that her ability to do her job was being questioned because she was a woman.

"Can you give me your room number, and I will call you when I can arrange for you two to meet." Eric compromised, so he could put a call into Lilah himself.

"Room 516, and I will wait for your call."

"Thank you, and as soon as he gets settled I will call you."

"Until then." She said as she turned to return to her room, prepared to accept that she was going to be replaced in a couple days.

Eric closed the door and pulled out his cell phone and dialed Lilah's office number. He was going do something he should have done that night and request Wesley Wyndam-Pryce to be sent to replace the young woman.

"Lilah Morgan."

"Lilah, sorry to trouble you." Eric greeted her.

"Eric, dear, no trouble. Did Fred make it?"

"You could have warned me that Fred was a woman." Eric said, with a slight reprimanding tone in his voice.

"But she is good at her job."

"That I have no doubt, or you wouldn't have sent her." He replied, "But I'm not so sure a female treating a male who's significant other is not present while on such an intimate tour would be in his best interests."

"Oh, so you are worried about sex." She sighed.

"No, well, I mean yes." Erie came right out and said, "I figured you would have sent Wes, since this is more his expertise."

"He's on family leave right now, his father is very sick." She explained, "or he would've been the one I sent."

"I just have a bad feeling about this." Eric sighed.

"Give her a chance, if you at all think things are not working out or you sense things are getting, how do you say, out of hand, then call me." Lilah suggested.

"So there's no one available right now is what you are saying."

"Yes, that's what I'm saying."

"I just hope neither of us comes to regret this." Eric warned her, deciding he'd keep a close eye on the two.

"I'm confident we won't." Lilah reassured him, "call me if a problem arises."

"Oh, believe me I will," Eric, promised before telling her good bye.

He picked up the hotel phone and dialed Angel's room, leaving a message for the young man to call him when he got in.

*******

Spike stood next to Angel in front of Mr. Stewart's door, praying this person he was about to meet had something for how he was feeling right now. The walk in the park had helped briefly, but the anxiety was back, and worse then before.

"God, Liam, I'm feeling like I'm about to crawl out of me skin." Spike's voice sounded shaky.

"I'm here with for you, William." Angel reassured him.

"Don't call me William."

"Don't call me Liam."

"What were they thinking?" Spike asked as he heard Angel knock on the door.

"Oh, that what fun it would be to have both of us named William in some form or fashion. We could ask my mom when we talk to her again." Angel chuckled.

Spike's rebuttal was interrupted when the door opened and they were invited in. The first thing he noticed was the pretty little bird in a suit and glasses looking at them in a clinical kind of fashion. He looked around to see if anyone else was about, hoping this little bit of woman was not the one who is supposed to help him with his problem.

Fred felt her heart skip a beat when she noticed Spike Rayne enter the room. The symptoms were easy to recognize just by looking at him, as she realized Spike was the friend that needed help. She'd become an instant fan of his from the first time she saw his face on the back of the 'Soul Catcher' CD. A many lonely nights since then she had dreamed about him being hers.

Keeping control, not letting anyone see how much he affected her was the goal. This was a dream come true and there was no way anyone was going to send her away. A plan formulated in her mind on how she was going to make it happen. The first object was to make it so he didn't want anyone else to help him, but her.

"Miss Burkle, allow me to introduce you to Angel Giles and his cousin Spike Rayne." Eric watched her very closely and was pleased to see she didn't appear to recognize either of them or seem affected in an unprofessional manner.

"Please call me Fred." She smiled appropriately, as she first shook hands with Angel and made sure to give Spike equal attention.

"Then call me Angel." He said, wondering how this was going to work, feeling very uneasy about this set up.

"That makes me Spike." He joked, keeping his sweaty shaking hands buried deep in his pockets as he rocked back and forth on his feet.

She worked very hard to appraise his manner in a professional manner and say, "I take it, you are my client, Mr. Rayne."

Spike shot a nervous look over at Eric for reassurance that she was who was to help him with his addictions. If his mentor vouched for her then he was okay with it. He trusted the man's opinion.

"She comes highly recommended." Eric reassured him and also offered, "But if any point you feel uncomfortable then let me know."

Fred felt a flush of anger and was proud of herself for not letting it slip past her professional facade. There was no way anyone was going to take this opportunity away from her. He would be hers, and no one was going to stand in her way, not even Spike himself.

"Then is there anything you can do for me before the concert tonight?" Spike asked, hoping this was going to work out for the best.

"Yes, I have some things we can try, but first I need to do a little mini physical and draw some blood. I will take it to a lab that is going to process it for me and let me know the results. So if you care to have a seat we can get started." Fred explained in a brisk, calm, and professional manner that put two of the men at ease.

Spike heard mini physical and asked with a tremor in his voice. "I don't have to undress or such do I?"

"No." She said with no hesitation or a hint of the disappointment she felt.

"Good! Sorry, no bird is going to see me naked but Buffy." Spike voiced out loud, unaware he had.

Fred prided herself on not reacting to his mentioning another woman, or asking whom the woman was and how she fit into Spike's life. She was sure she would be able to find out what she needed to know during their sessions, making it look like she was only interested for clinical purposes only.

"Spike, why don't you have a seat over here and let me examine you? Then I can get a detailed medical history so I know in which direction we need to go for your treatment. Once we have that established I will obtain the specimens I need and then run them to the lab." Fred listed the things they needed to do to get things started.

Spike reluctantly walked over toward her, and felt at ease when Angel followed close behind. His relief was short lived when the doctor gave Angel a patient look and say, "I'm sorry, but you will have to step out during this time, patient confidentiality is a big issue for me."

"He can stay." Spike rushed to keep his cousin close at hand. "I want him to stay."

"Fine, I will keep the questions to medical and not personal until we have established some rules." Fred replied, cursing the fact the man had family she was going to have to deal with as well.

"On that note, I will go and see how things are progressing at the arena." Eric said, deciding it was best he gave them some privacy, "Ring me if you need anything."

"We will." Angel acknowledged while he kept his eyes on what was going on between Spike and this doctor.

Spike watched as she put a blood pressure cuff around his arm and pumped it up. He closed his eyes to avoid looking at the peek of cleavage her bending over gave. After the cuff deflated and she wrote down some numbers she placed the stethoscope on his chest and looked at the watch for a few minutes and then wrote down some more numbers.

"Your blood pressure is borderline high, and your heart rate is faster then it should be as well. Tell me how you've been feeling." Fred told him as she pulled out some official looking documents.

Spike looked at Angel who gave him a reassuring smile before he replied, "I'm constantly thirsty, hands sweaty, heart racing, feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin."

"All signs that you're starting to go through withdrawals." She explained matter of fact like, keeping her emotions out of sight. "After I get more of your medical background I can give you something to help ease those symptoms."

"What can you give him?" Angel asked, wanting to be involved in his cousin's care. His parents would kill him if anything happened to Spike.

"I will know more after I get some information that I need." Fred smiled softly, pretending she appreciated the man's interest in her plan of treatment. "Now the sooner we get started the faster I can prescribe something to help you feel better."

Spike took a deep cleansing breath and said, "Then ask away."

The question and answer session took the total of twenty minutes before she had a plan formulated in her head. She reached down and picked up her satchel that contained some of the medications she planned to use. Later she would make a trip to get what she really needed.

She pulled out a vial of medication and a syringe and started to share her treatment plan, "First I'm going to give you an injection of Ativan. It's a medicine used to help calm your nerves and relax. The reason for the shot is so it can get into your system quicker, and keep you from going into a condition known as delirium tremors, or more known as DT's."

Spike's eyes grew large as he watched her approach him with the needle and asked, "Sure about the shot, are you?"

"Yes, I am." She said before she asked, "I could give it in your arm, but it will hurt worse there since the medication is so thick, or I can give it to you in your backside. Which do you prefer?"

"Here!" Spike quickly said as he pushed up the sleeve of his tee shirt.

Hiding her disappointment another idea came to her as she asked, "Do you play an instrument?"

"Lead guitar."

"It could make it difficult for you to play due to the irritation to the muscle." She advised, hoping he'd change his mind.

"Peaches, do you mind looking the other way." Spike said as he stood up to unbuckle his jeans.

Angel quickly looked the other way while Spike turned his back to the doctor as he loosened his jeans. He felt her softly moved a portion of his pants down to uncover his hip.

"First it will feel cold as I clean the skin." Fred explained as she fought the urged to push the jeans lower. "Now, just take a deep breath."

Spike felt the prick of the needle and the harsh burn as the medication was injected in to the muscle. He could tell she had been right; it would have affected his playing if he 'd taken the shot in his arm.

Fred wiped the area again before applying a bandaide over the injection site. She had given him a smidgen over the recommend dosage, enough to sedate him more, but not enough to cause him any harm. Just as long he wasn't allergic to the medication.

She quickly averted her eyes to keep from watching him pull his pants back up and refasten them. Her panties were wet, from wanting him so bad, and she couldn't wait for the next step of her plan to be implemented. For that to happen she had to get him in his room and alone.

"I suggest you return to your room, take a nice hot shower and try and get some rest." She told him as she put her materials away and planned on how she would join him without anyone knowing about it.

"What about for tonight?" He asked, having remained standing since the medication was still burning his backside.

"I will give you something mild before the show that shouldn't interfere with your playing. Then tomorrow we can work on some relaxation therapy talking about your problems with your substance abuse."

"Okay, so back to my room." Spike sighed.

"And rest, no TV, no talking, no phone calls, which one would assume would be covered under the talking, just lay in the bed and rest." Fred firmly instructed him all the while thinking, "Rest until I get there and then I will work my magic and make you feel so much better."

"Okay, Peaches, care to escort me back to my room." Spike teased his cousin, knowing the poof was too quiet for his taste.

"Can I tuck you in and read you a bed time story for old time's sake?" Angel delivered with a serious expression.

"No, you tell bad stories that scare young impressionable boys like me." Spike pouted, as he followed his cousin toward the door.

Fred knew he needed to know how to contact her, so she said before they left the room, "Call me if you have any concerns, I'm staying in room 516."

"How funny, I'm in 518, and Angel here is in 508." Spike replied before they left.

Fred quickly gathered her things so she could hurry to her room. The sexual frustration was too much to handle and she needed some relief. She made sure the door closed completely behind her and locked before she headed to her room.

Her body pushed the door closed as she leaned against it dropping everything on the floor. Her hands quickly lifted her skirt as she bit her lip wanting to leave and knock on the door of 518. So close and yet still too far away. She moaned as her fingers moved her panties aside and started to rub her erected nub. Never could she remember being so horny and wet as she used her free hand to undo her jacket so she could massage her breast as she continued to get herself off.

"Spike eat me, baby." She whimpered. "Yeah, baby, that tongue, so long, fuck me with it, just like that."

She pictured in her mind his face between her legs, his tongue doing all nice and wonderful nasty things to make her want him. The intensity of her orgasm hit so hard she could no longer stand as she slid to the floor.

"Oh, Lord, if it's that good to dream about, think how perfect the real thing must feel like." She moaned licking her lips as she stood slowly and straightened her clothes. She had things to prepare for the next step of making Spike Rayne hers.


A big thank you for those who have reviewed and have given this story a chance.....

TBC

Kimber