Fred looked around making sure everything was in place. The candles, just right, with one close enough within reach if needed. Buffy was no longer a problem, making it possible now to get him to move to the next step. Never in her wildest dreams would she have imagined getting him this far in a matter of a week.

Tonight would be the night he asked her to marry him, she was sure of it. The idea she'd planted frequently at the right times, just like she had gotten him to admit he loved her. The knock on her door alerted that room service had arrived with what she needed to make her plan complete.

As soon as the door opened, she found herself lying on the floor holding the left side of her face. The look on the on the trio's faces made her fear something bad was going to happen.

"Well as I see it, you need to leave." Cordy told her as she towered over her.

"Yes you aren’t welcome here anymore." Anya smiled as she looked at her nails.

"I have already called and reported you to your boss, and The American Medical Association." Tara added, as she squatted down beside her and added, "You're a disgrace to your profession."

"I'm pressing charges." Fred hissed, as she tried to stand only finding herself pushed back down.

"Oh, my, really, anybody here see what happened?" Cordy snorted.

"We are just here to let you know we don't like how you practice medicine. So we here by fire your ass and if you know what is good for you, you will take the next plane out of Spike's life and our hair." Anya leaned down and explained.

"Oh I like that, Anya." Tara smiled as she noticed the band's assistant manager straighten back up and frown.

Anya started to walk around and blow out all the candles, gathering up everything, and placing them in a pile as she spoke, "Your room as been canceled and a formal complaint has been filed with the management of you harassing us. Spike's things are being moved into Angel's room as we speak. For the duration of the tour that is where he will stay. Cordy will now room with Tara."

"You can't make him stay away from me, he's mine now." Fred spoke with a confident look on her face. "He loves me."

"Oh, I forgot, Eric's legal advisor is getting a restraining order against you as well." Anya informed her.

"What the hell?" Spike yelled from the doorway.

"We are taking care of business." Anya said from the bed. "She has been fired, already cleared it with Eric's manager who has notified her job. By the time this is through, she won't have a license to practice. Oh my, what have we here?"

Fred tried to get up off the floor to keep the woman from opening her case. But, the other two would not let her up. The last thing she needed was for them to find out what she had in her bag.

"Oh, I wonder, doctor evil bitch, just what do all these different little pills do?" Anya smiled as she opened the case and picked up the various bottles to look them over.

"It's all legal." Fred tried to lie.

"Then why all the worry honey, and why are there some pills with no markings?" Anya's voice began to become worried. "Spike come here and tell me if this is what she has been giving you?"

Spike glared and started to refuse until Tara's words hit home. "Are you afraid to find out all she has told you is a lie, that maybe she's drugged you up to believe all her lies."

He walked over confident his Doc would not have done that too him, but a voice deep down told him it's exactly what she had done. He stopped beside Anya and looked at various pill bottles all with his name written on them.

"Look for yourself." Anya offered.

All the bottles held small white pills, some with a couple small numbers across it, were other ones had no markings on them, just plain white pills. The bottles that contained the unmarked white pills said on one of the bottles Spike's FS ECZ, and HS ECZ on the other.

"Oh my God! You've been feeding him ecstasy, haven't you?" Anya asked, looking at the doctor with a look of shocked horror.

Spike looked at the evidence, his thoughts rushing around all jumbled as he warred with himself over what and who to believe. It all started to overwhelm him as he felt his world falling apart before him.

"Spike, man look at me, stay with me." Angel tried to soothe him.

"Don't listen to them, baby, remember no one loves you like I do." Fred reminded him.

"God, can I tape her mouth shut?" Cordy asked.

"Spike, come on, look at me." Angel begged.

"He doesn't look so good." Tara pointed out.

"Would you if you found out some psycho bitch did a brainwash number on you?" Anya stated bluntly, quick to point out the obvious as always.

"No, he loves me, I just had to show him the way is all." Fred tried to make them see reason. "We are meant to be together, he's my soulmate."

"You need to be locked up and then someone needs to throw away the key." Cordy suggested.

Spike stared off into space as he picked up the water glass and smashed it on the table. He just wanted the pain to stop, the confusion to go away, his head to stop hurting, and his mind to stop making him hear, think, smell, or live.

Before Angel could stop him, Spike picked up a large piece of glass and slashed his right wrist. The Blood squirted on the table and walls making the people in the room scream and Anya to call 911.

Angel fought with Spike trying to use a towel that Tara had given him to put pressure on the wound. Soon Xander was there, helping to hold their hysterical injured friend down, so they could try and stop the bleeding.

"Let me go, let me bleed her out of my body, she needs to leave and it's the only way." Spike sobbed, "Tell the bitch to leave."

"Spike, who are you talking about?" Angel asked, already suspecting who it was.

"The bitch, get her out get her out of me." Spike yelled as he glared at Fred, "You did this to me, you made me hurt her, made me hurt me, made me believe your lies and not her truth."

"Get her the fuck out of here, now!" Angel yelled at the ceiling as his heart was breaking.

Doyle felt ashamed having now found out what had really been going on. He grabbed Fred by the arm and jerked her to her feet. Ignoring her pleas to go to Spike that she could make it better.

"The only thing that would make this better is if you were never born." Doyle snorted as he and Oz dragged her out of the room screaming and crying for Spike.

Soon the scene became more chaotic as the paramedics arrived along with the police. Between Eric's manager and Anya things were arranged as Spike was taken to the nearest trauma center under an assumed name. Everyone felt it was important to keep this incident as quiet as possible.

*******

Willow and Faith stood in front of the door pounding and ringing the doorbell. Mr. Anderson had not been home to get the key from him. Both women needed to see Buffy in person to make sure she was alright.

They both sighed with relief when they heard a familiar voice asked, "Who is it?"

"Me and Willow, now open the damn door."

"I really don't want any company right now." Buffy sighed, as she leaned against the door fighting off more tears.

"I need to see for myself that you're okay." Faith replied, "So please open the damn door."

Buffy sniffled as she undid the locks and cracked open the door and said, "So either you are checking up on me and my not feeling so good earlier, or you know?"

"We know." Willow answered, taking in Buffy's puffy eyes and pale skin.

"I just need some time alone, honest I will be okay." Buffy reassured them, seeing their worried looks, "I'm not the first or will I be the last girl dumped."

"Call me if you need anything." Willow beseeched her.

"I promise."

"Take a few days off with pay." Faith offered, "Call if you need me to drop off some food or what not."

"I will, now I need to get back to my Kleenex box, it misses me." Buffy said to try and humor them.

Both women shook their head yes and was saddened their friend didn't want them around as they watched as Buffy shut the door. They agreed to give Buffy some time alone, but set a dead line of three days. If they didn't hear from her by then they'd come back together and force their way in.

Buffy returned to the bedroom where she had been in the mist of packing her things. Come morning she would plan further beyond just the gathering of her belongings. L.A. was no longer a place she wanted to be. It was time she moved on and found her place in life that would be as far away from Spike as possible. She had someone that had yet to be born depending on her now, and there was no way she was going to let her baby down.

*******

Riley stood outside her door hoping she would welcome his visit. It had been two days since he had taken care of her when she'd become ill. Not even an hour ago, he'd overheard bits and pieces of Willow and Faith's conversation concerning the woman he cared about. They had just returned from trying to visit with Buffy.

Hearing that Spike had broken things off had made him see red. He acted like he hadn't heard them as he paid his bill and left the bar, ending up here. The need to make sure she was okay, and if in fact the bastard was leaving her with child gave him the courage to knock.

"Who is it?"

"It's me Riley."

"Oh!" Was all Buffy could say, having no clue how to handle this visit.

"Please open the door. I need to talk to you."

Buffy smoothed her hair back and felt embarrassed about how she looked.
She spent most of the morning in the bathroom bringing up her breakfast and her dinner from last week. Her clothes were wrinkled, and she was not wearing any make up.

"I'm not really up for company right now."

"I promise to only take up a moment of your time."

Buffy sighed as she slowly opened the door allowing him to enter. The look of understanding made question if he knew that Spike had broken up with her.

"Why are you here?"

"Two reasons really."

"They are?"

"First, was wondering how the home kit results went?"

Buffy started to cry, "I'm pregnant."

Riley opened his arms, letting her decide if she wanted him to comfort her. To his surprise, she practically jumped into his arms as she cried. He enveloped her in his arms and hugged her close offering her all the love he had to help comfort her.

"He's found someone he says loves him and he loves her. Says, he never loved me." Buffy said between the tears.

"He's a fool." Riley mumbled before asking, "Does he know about the baby?"

"No, he said he doesn't want to know anything about me any more and asked me to move out."

"What are you going to do?"

"I want to be out of L.A. before he comes back. I don't ever want to see or hear from him again, and I definitely don't want him anywhere near my baby."

"I can help if you let me."

Buffy looked up at him, her face red from crying as the tears rolled down her cheeks. He reached up cupping her face and wiped the tears away with his thumbs. It was a long shot, but it would mean the world to him if she said yes.

"Buffy, you would be giving me a truly wonderful gift if you marry me and let me be the father to your baby."

Buffy's eyes grew big as she heard his request and whispered, "But I don't love you."

"Not yet you don't, but I think you could learn to love me." Riley said as he smiled down at her, "I already know I love you, and would be honored to give this child my name. We can do this together, I know we can."

"But what if I don't come to love you?"

"We just take one day at a time. I won't push you, and we can take our time to get to know each other."

"I can't believe you'd do this. What if we have children together?"

"I can't have kids, so that would never be an issue. I would look at it as being a gift to have the woman I love by my side and raising our baby together."

"When do you leave for Virginia?"

"I have to be there first thing Monday morning. It would give us time to pack up your things drop them off them off at the movers tonight. We can drive to Vegas tomorrow, get married, spend a few days there and then fly to Virginia in plenty of time. I just have to call and see if they can scare me up some housing for the two of us."

"But what about, you know." Her blush told him she was worried about sex.

"Buffy, I can wait until you're ready. I want the first time we make love to be special, and about us. It might be before the baby comes or after, it doesn't matter, you are worth the wait."

Buffy felt that maybe someone had heard her prayer after all. It was like Riley was a godsend and the answer she had been looking for. He was a good man, and she felt she could maybe come to love him if given the chance.

"Care to help me pack?"

Riley smiled down and said, "I would love too."

*******

Jenny gripped her husband's hand as she looked down at her sister's son. His face was so pale, his eyes unfocused, as he cried out for his mother, wanting her to save him. The things that her nephew was unconsciously revealing made her heart weep. It would seem his problems went deeper then anyone could have imagined. His father was more of a bastard then anyone had thought.

They had talked Angel into continuing the tour, reassuring him they would take care of William. The band had found a young Spike wannabe, by the name of Penn Armstrong to play in Spike's place for now.

Fred's employer was providing for her care, until they could locate any family to step in and take over. She was under constant supervision since she had tried to kill herself several times as well. Someone had checked her apartment and found her bedroom covered in pictures and posters of Spike. In her five disc, CD player, each slot had the band's CD in it.

The biggest worry was no one knew where Buffy was. Willow and Faith had went to check on her and found she had left, leaving no forwarding address only a note telling everyone good-bye. Telling everyone not to worry, she would be all right and it was best she just cut all ties and move on with her life.

Jenny heard a knock on the door as she and Giles watched as a distinguished looking young man walk in. She watched as he looked toward her nephew with a look that told her that he was another doctor that was coming to see about his care.

"Can we help you?" Giles asked the young man.

"You must be Mr. and Mrs. Giles, allow me to introduce myself." He offered with a genuine smile, unlike the other ones that were fake or forced. "I'm Wesley Wyndam-Pryce, I will be taking on your nephew's case from now on."

"Mr."

"Please, call me Wes, I have a feeling we will be getting to know each other very well."

"Then you can call me Jenny and this is my husband, Rupert."

"I promise I will do everything in my power to help William the best that I can." Wesley promised.

"We were hoping to get him transferred closer to home." Jenny sighed.

"I think once he is a bit more stable that would be a splendid idea." Wesley agreed, "Just to let you know, I'm able to go and settle where ever he goes. I can start a practice in Sunnydale I'm sure without a problem."

Giles became suspicious as he asked, "Who is paying your bill?"

Wesley walked over and reached out and gently stroked William's forehead as he replied, "Some one who cares about William, who wants every available chance made available on his recovery. Before you ask, this person wishes to remain anonymous, but I will say it has nothing to do with Miss Burkle or the clinic she represented. William's health will be my main concern, and my goal is to get him through this the best that I can."

"I cannot lose him, he is like a son to me and all I have left of my sister." Jenny told him as she came to stand on the other side of the bed to look him in the eyes.

"Like I said, I will do everything to bring him back to you and help him to get his life back on track." Wesley vowed, seeing the pain and fear in the woman's eyes.

"I cannot believe this has been kept out of the news and papers."

"It's because people with the power knows that publicity would destroy him, and it really is no one's business. It also goes to show you how much control a star sometimes has on what gets reported and what does not." Wesley said as he listened to his new client's tortured confessions that the poor man didn't know he was sharing.

"I think it's best you go and get some rest, I'm going to spend some time here and absorb some of the things I will only find out here and now." Wesley told them as he sat down the chair beside the bed.

He pulled out a notebook and pen from his briefcase. He watched as the couple gently kissed his client's forehead whispering they'd be back to check on him. The love he witnessed made his resolve to bring this man back to reality and to heal him the best of his ability a solemn vow.

"Take care of my boy." Giles said before he turned and followed his wife out the door, hearing Wesley's reply, "Only the best."

*******