Thank you sooo much from Pandy and me, as always! ;)

VI (I)

The morning after, Buffy went to the University, and she found Riley at the entrance, but he looked angrily at her.
“What’s wrong? You don’t even greet me anymore, are you in a bad mood?” she wondered, ignoring the reason why he was acting like that.
“And you even ask me that! So, not only yesterday night I had waited for you for * four hours * straight, but you even completely forgot the special night I talked to you about!” he snapped.

All the sudden, Buffy remembered the phone that had rung in the afternoon before, she answering hearing Riley on the other hand, Riley telling her that, due to the fact they hadn’t a chance to be together all the day long, he had planned a special night at the Bonze, also because they had to celebrate due to Dracula’ defeat.

And that night for Buffy had been very special.. but not with Riley.
“You’re right, Riley, please, forgive me.. I was intentioned to go there..”

< .. but then I’ve met * him*.. and all my good intentions faded away!> she thought, blessing whoever had invented the foulard.

“.. but then, you know, the same stuff, a bunch of vampires attacked me, another couple of demons added to the group.. the same patrol. Time ran out.. and really, I’m so sorry, so, so sorry, it won’t happen anymore, I swear!” she justified.

“Buffy, you’re so distract, so absent, you’re not the same yourself! I can understand you were busy with the patrol, but you haven’t even informed me!” the boy grumbled.
“How could I do? I don’t know what kind of demons you have faced so far, but the ones I face aren’t so kind to wait if I say to them ‘Give me a moment, please, I have to call my boyfriend to let him know I can’t go to our date tonight’!” she struck back.
“Now, you re the same old Buffy, always feeling like joking!” he smiled at her, calmer, but then his eyes fell on her foulard, and Buffy noticed that.

“You know, Willow told me about that… I’m sorry, Buffy, it mustn’t be pleasant..” he commented.

< Uff, since when have Willow and he become best friends, confessing each other every slightest thing? If there was a gossip-competition it would be hard to establish the winner between them!> Buffy thought annoyed.

< About the ‘ not pleasant’ part, my dear, you’re sooo wrong!>

“Anyway, don’t worry, I’m sure it will heal soon!” he went on, caressing her hair to comfort her.

< Oh yeah, it would have been already healed.. if only I wasn’t so stupid to go to him and make him renew it!> she thought, as her mind went back to the memories of the incredible sensations she had felt the night before with the gorgeous bleached vampire.

As thoughtful as she was, Buffy almost didn’t even heard the ‘I forgive you!’ Riley whispered before kissing her, catching her off guard.
She let him do that, mostly because she felt guilty, but she knew that in that kiss there was something wrong.

< He’s so warm, so normal.. so human! No shivers, no impetuous, no burning passion, just routine. Sweet and tender, no doubts about that.. but just routine..>

In fact, she was the one who pulled away first.
“Now I have to go, my class is about to start and my teacher hates people who arrive late. See you, Riley!” she greeted him, running away.
“Buffy, wait!” he called her, but she had already disappeared. “We haven’t even planned our next date!” he thought out loud, a little bit upset.

“ Hey, what are you doing here? You know better than me that our teacher is always late, he arrives a quarter later when he is ‘ in advance’!” Willow exclaimed.
In fact, Buffy and she were the only people in the room.
“What? There’s nothing and no one that prevents me from being here, it’s one of my student’s rights!” Buffy struck back, looking for something in her bag, and realizing that she had forgotten both of her notebook and pens-case.
“As one of your student’ s duties should be to have all the necessaries for the class, right?” her friend teased her, lending a sheet of paper and a pen to her.
“Thank you. Don’ mind at me, Will, lately I don’t know anymore where my mind is..”

< Oh yeah, I perfectly know where it is: in my room, that afternoon, in a certain crypt the morning after that, at the cemetery last night… wherever that damn annoying bleached vampire is! I wonder where he plans to take me tonight! No, Buffy, no matter whatever he plans, you just won’t go anywhere with him!> she told herself, realizing just at the end that her friend had spoken.

(end I)