As promised.. ;)

VII (I)

Buffy got in the club.
At a first sight it was nothing special, there was a counter on the right, some tables and some sofas in the middle of the room.
The unusual but pleasant thing was the colors: the wall were warm crimson, the floor was covered by tons of oriental carpets, and the sofas were amber and orange.
As background there was a soft Ambient music that would make everyone feel in peace.

Buffy wondered thousands of times why she had accepted Spike’s absurd proposal the night before.

-- Tomorrow night, get yourself ready because a taxi will be stopping by your house on 10:00 p.m. . Get inside it, it will know where to drive you… --

< Why, and once again WHY??> she wondered.

Her gaze fell upon the people in the club: sat on the tables there were couples and small groups of friends who chatted quietly, but at their shoulder there was something different.
A couple on the back of the room caught Buffy’s attention.
The woman was pretty young, with long dark hair, and she was straddling a young man, about thirty years old who was kinda attractive.
He kept his eyes close as if he enjoyed the simple contact with the girl’s skin as she bent on him to kiss him.

And then, feeling Buffy’s eyes on her, she turned, staring at Buffy.
The Slayer’s senses were freaking out: that girl was staring at her with beautiful soft lips.. red with blood.

< Blood?! Damn, what kind of place is this? Humans and vampires together?>

She took her eyes off her, bringing her hands on her face. Why was she so hot? Maybe she was embarrassed…
That mouth stained with blood could excite her, maybe just because it reminds her of Spike.. or was there another reason?
She skimmed her lower lip with her finger, remembering the feeling of Spike’s blood, and then she went down to her shirt, unbuttoning the first buttons to touch the vampire’s bite mark.

She shivered.
Why did the memory of Spike’s mouth make her shiver?
The feeling of his bite, his tongue that licked the small wounds so gently, that hot kiss their mouths had exchanged, the taste of their blood mingled together..

No, she was wrong, she shouldn’t have been there.
She turned and started when she saw Spike standing in front of her.

< Why? After all it’s ‘just’ Spike!>

“So, finally, you’re here..” he murmured, taking her hand and bringing it to his mouth to kiss it. “You’re so cold, Slayer..” he went on, as his gaze lingered on her unbuttoned shirt, looking with hungry eyes at his bite, the sign of his property.
Did he want to devour her?

His eyes descended on her black miniskirt that emphasized her beautiful legs as her sexy stiletto heels made her taller.
“You’re amazing, Buffy..” he stated, looking deep into her eyes, and then he took her by the hand again. “Come..” he invited her, leading her to a private corner, hidden from the other customers.

When he invited her to get comfy on the sofa, Buffy stopped, as cold as marble.
“C’mon, pet, I’m not gonna eat you, I promise!” he assured her.
So, why did she feel so awkward? Maybe because the prospective of being devoured by that mouth was her deep desire?

< No, a world of NO!> she told herself.

“C’mon, Slayer, I just want you to drink something..” Buffy got lost in the dark blue of his eyes, as her legs trembled, but Spike grabbed her quickly, placing her on the soft sofa.
All crouched in that orange warmness, Buffy looked at the vampire again.
Was he the same old Spike? It didn’t seem so..

A waitress brought two glass of wine to them. The Slayer analyzed her: she was a vampire!

“How can such a place exist?” she asked Spike with a bitter tone, bringing the glass to her mouth. Spike did the same, but he smirked mysteriously. “What’s wrong with this? It’s a fashioned club, there’s good music, marvellous drinks, the customers are selected.. what else could you ask?”
“Vampires and humans together?” she got nervous, gesticulating.
“They’re aware and consentient, Slayer!” he struck back with a louder tone. “No vampires here can bite if the mortals doesn’t agree! Plus, here no one can kill. As you can see, this is a safe place!”

Buffy gulped down the wine in her glass one shot. It was an odd wine, but after all she liked it. Plus, it maybe would have helped her to dull her sense enough to forget her shock after the discovery of that place.

“Let’s talk about us, pet. I didn’t invite you here to argue..”
“No?” she asked in disbelief, putting the glass down. “No.” he repeated, getting closer to her. “I was thinking about that night in your room, you know, during the battle against Dracula.. and then, at the graveyard..”

“Spike, this is not the mo..” “Yes, this * is*.” Spike cut her off, his face few inches from hers. “Did you want to talk about that again?”

Buffy felt as if her heart jumped in her chest.
“I, I.. I..” but he was so close, and his mouth was so soft, that mouth that was born just to kiss that was skimming hers. “Did you enjoyed the wine?” Spike asked her. Buffy nodded, unable to say a full sentence with a sense.

Their closeness became unbearable for both Buffy and Spike. His lips stuck to hers, his tongue broke the previous barrier and she found herself surrounded by the vampire’s magic once again.

TBC

Just a little question: why did Spike ask Buffy about the wine? Eh, eh you’ll find out at the next part! ;)
THANK YOUUUUUUUU as always !!