For the umpteenth time, Happy Easter to everyone! ;)
Sorry for my late!
In this part there will be no Buffy/Spike. C’mon, we know what you all are thinking: ‘What about our favourite character, Riley?’ ( I hope you’ll notice we’re sarcastic, LOL)
Anyway, here’s the answer:

XI (I)
(Lyrics from ‘UNO’ by Muse (they rule!!!) )

Riley ignored that that night Buffy was having her dirty fun with Spike.
All the boy knew, as Buffy had told him, was that Buffy had to study for her coming-soon exam, but he had decided to hang out anyway, so he had gone to the Bronze, as always.
It wasn’t very crowed, so he could pay more attention to the song that a band was playing, as he sipped his drink.
He couldn’t help thinking about Buffy, because he had got the feeling that she was growing more and more distant, and he didn’t understand why.
Maybe he had done something wrong, although he wondered what.

THIS MEANS NOTHING TO ME, CAUSE YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME
AND IT MEANS NOTHING TO ME THAT YOU BLEW IT AWAY

Riley knew that that was just a song, a bunch of lyrics on a bunch of notes that were played by a bunch of instruments .. but for him it was as if Buffy was telling him those words.. or if one day she would.

YOU COULD HAVE BEEN NUMBER ONE IF YOU ONLY HAD FOUND THE TIME
AND YOU COULD HAVE RULED THE WHOLE WORLD IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE
YOU COULD HAVE BEEN NUMBER ONE
AND YOU COULD HAVE RULED THE WHOLE WORLD
AND WE COULD HAVE HAD SO MUCH FUN
BUT YOU BLEW IT AWAY

< It’s true, if they hadn’t destroyed the Initiative, maybe we wouldn’t have had any trouble to take the whole world over.. Not that I care about ruling the world, of course, I’m with the good guys, after all. I made the right choice, and Buffy is proud of me. So I didn’t blow anything away!>

The singer resumed singing, and he listened to her once again.

YOU ’RE STILL NOTHING TO ME AND THIS IS NOTHING TO ME
AND YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT I ‘VE DONE BUT I ‘LL GIVE YOU A CLUE

< There must be something Buffy did, and she’s trying to hide it from me, due to fear, shame.. I don’t know, but it must be something serious.. and I gotta find out everything!>

YOU COULD HAVE BEEN NUMBER ONE IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE
AND YOU COULD HAVE RULED THE WHOLE WORLD IF YOU ONLY HAD FOUND THE TIME


”This band rule!” Willow exclaimed, approaching to his table, once she had seen him.
“Hi, Willow, I see you’re here, too!”
“Yes, I remember when Oz played here.. by the way, his band performed this cover, too, sometimes..” she commented.
“Am I wrong.. or you’re a little melancholic?” he teased her.
“Maybe.. a little. After all, he has been so important to me, but now things have changed, and I took a very different road.. By the way, Tara will be here, too, soon.. You know, she had a dinner with some school mates, see? I’m the perfect fiancé, I leave her as free as she wants, because I totally trust my baby!” she declared sweetly. “What about you? No dates with Buffy tonight?” she asked.
“Willow, not everyone is a genius as you are, there are some people who need a lots of study and concentration before facing their exams!” Riley said, as Willow wondered what his sentence meant, but she didn’t question him about it.

“Your teacher is turning your life into hell!” he went on, emptying his glass.
“Uh? Whom are you talking about?”
“The teacher Buffy and you had every morning. It’s not enough for him to make you follow his rules as if you were a bunch of little soldiers and to force you to be always punctual at his class!” he snapped.
Willow burst out laughing madly.
“That’s hilarious, oh, Riley, you’re such a funny guy!” she said between laughter.
“What’s so funny?” he wondered confused.
“Oh, c’mon! As if you didn’t know that! Our teacher is *never* on time at his classes, quite the contrary, there are even days when we go to the classroom just to put a signature! You know, there’s a reason if we call him Mr. 24/7 Late!” she chuckled, and then she saw a familiar figure approach.
“Well, Tara is here, now. I gotta go, see you, bye!” she greeted him, reaching the exit.

Riley was still thinking about all Willow had told him.

< That teacher is always late, but Buffy told me.. So, maybe also the exam is a big lie. And God only knows how many other lies she told me..> and as he thought that, all of the sudden he remembered the excuse she had used to leave in the middle of their last date.

TBC

Next part will be more interesting, I can tell! ;)