Thank you, so , so much, we are so glad you like it so far!! And tons of things will happen, eh, eh! ;)

XIII (II)
( Same song of (I) )

“Ar. are.. y.. you sure?” Buffy stuttered.
“ Vampire, here. I know a thing or two about death! He was in horrible conditions, his throat was ripped out, there were wounds everywhere, there was a lake of blood, and you know.. the temptation to taste it was strong..” he explained with a smirk, waiting for the reaction he was expecting from her, and he wasn’t wrong.
“Spike! You disgust me!” she exclaimed, squeamish.
“Oh, please, c’mon.. you know what it means to taste blood, you know the satisfaction it gives to you..” he struck back with a voice so silky that Buffy shivered.
“Only yours!” she admitted, before she could even realize that.
The vampire chuckled.

“Let’s forget the last sentences.. what were you telling me?” she changed subjects quickly.
“That someone attacked him, I bet it was a vampire, you know.. someone who wanted to take revenge, due to the initiative..” he explained, telling her nothing but the truth. “.. but seeing the way he lied there… maybe there were more than one vampire!” he added, with a very proud smile.

< My dear Spike, you didn’t lose your style!> he congratulated himself.

“You know, I don’t exactly know what really happened..”

< Hell yeah, I know!> he sneered evilly.

HE DROPPED YOU OFF I FOLLOWED HIM HOME
THEN I STOOD ASIDE HIS BEDROOM WINDOW
STARING OVER HIM HE BEGGED ME NOT TO DO
WHAT I KNOW I HAD TO DO ‘CAUSE I’ M SO IN LOVE WITH YOU

“Well, thank you.. for warning me. I’ll go there, and I’ll tell the others, too..” she said.
“Of course! And if later you need some *comfort*, you know where you can find me!” he smiled.
“Spike! No way! Not after what happened tonight!”
“But you’ll come, I know you will..” he sing song with a knowing smile.
“No, I won’t!”
“Oh, you will come.. in every sense!” he chuckled.
“Pig!” she snapped, hanging up.

She was still shocked by that news.
“I didn’t mean what I said before… maybe. But now.. Riley is dead!” she thought out loud.

No more Riley who helped her to study, who listened to her and gave her some advices, who sometimes was even too exaggeratedly romantic , who sometimes helped her with the patrols, who constantly showed her how important she was to him.

“Riley is dead!” she repeated, wiping the tears as she realized something else: no more pestering Riley who obsessed her, who wanted to be part of every single aspect of her life, who never gave her some freedom.. who would have prevented her from meeting Spike.
“Riley is dead!” she exclaimed, with an evil smile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
After about twenty minutes, everyone was at the Campus, inside Riley’s room.
“I still can’t believe it, poor guy!” Giles exclaimed.
“It’s terrible! Whoever did such a kill.. must be a load of pure cruelty!” Willow stated, Tara nodded and they both shivered.
“What a tragedy!” Anya exclaimed desperately.
“Yes, honey. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have taken you here!” Xander apologized, pulling her to himself.
“Listen, love, I was a Vengeance Demon for more than a Millennium, I saw and did worse things than this! I was talking about the blood on the moquette, because you have no idea about how hard it will be to clean it off, it’s almost impossible!” she cleared the point, and all the others rolled their eyes.

Buffy took a look around, noticing several bottles of beer on the desk.

< Well, well, it seems that Mr. Perfect Boy drank a lot lately.. after all, everyone has their addiction!> she thought.

< What am I doing? Now I even criticize a.. corpse?>

“You know, guys, the thing that mostly makes me upset is the way we left, after arguing..” Buffy explained.

< Hell yeah, I’m upset, he insulted me and I hadn’t even had the chance to insult him back!> she thought, scaring herself due to the coldness of her behaviour.

She wasn’t crying in front of her friends, no, wait, after crying at the phone at the beginning.. Buffy hadn’t shed any tears for Riley anymore.

“What? Did you argue? Why? What happened?” Willow interrogated her.
“Willow, there’s no law that forces me to give you a detailed account about every single day of my life!” Buffy snapped, feeling as if she was suffocating.

In the meantime, her eyes had fallen on the windowsill, noticing all the cigarette butts.

she thought, unconsciously a little bit… upset.

“Oh, Will, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to, you were just trying to comfort me, forgive me! You know what? It’s just that I can’t stay here a minute longer , I need to be alone to face everything..” she explained, and all the others understood, letting her go.

It was useless to fight against her conscience another time, Buffy already knew it would have lost, so she headed towards the place where she could find what she needed more than anything else right then.

After a few minutes since Buffy had left, a boy got in the room.
“Hi, you don’t know me, but we have a friend in common, well.. we had. I was Riley’s roommate..” he introduced himself to the others.
“Oh, condolences!” they exclaimed, one by one.
“Thank you, but it’s not the reason why I’m here. I don’t know if I should tell you, but I had left for a few minutes, so I heard Riley talk with someone, a guy… I couldn’t hear what they were talking about..” he started explaining.
“Did you see whom it was? Did he have.. odd features?” Giles dared ask.

“I saw him just from afar and quickly.. No, he seemed a regular guy.. except for his bleached hair, you can’t easily forget such a crazy colour!” he answered, and that shocked everyone, mostly because they knew it was impossible, due to his chip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

< So, I love her, it’s not a challenge, a favour I wanna do to her, a matter of property, not anymore. I just love her and I want to spend with her every day, every hour, every minute, every second.. Bugger me! Since when did I become so bloody soppy?>

Spike hadn’t time anymore for his thoughts, because the door of his crypt slammed open, and he saw her, smiling to her triumphal.
“I knew you would come, Slayer!”

TBC