Thank you so much, we’re sooo glad you like it so far!!
Sorry for late, here’s the new part.. uhmm did you really think that the scoobies wouldn’t interfere? ;)

XVI (I)

“Buffy is very vulnerable right now, she could be in danger!” Willow made the others notice as she ran to Buffy’s house with Xander, Anya and Tara.
“How could it be him?” Tara asked, staring at Buffy’s garden and catching her breath.
“We aren’t sure yet..” the redhead answered, glaring at Xander to prevent him from saying something bad.
“But all the clues bring us to Spike!” Anya suggested. She liked so much acting as a detective of a dark mystery.
“It could be..but now the most important thing is to find Buffy!”


A few hours before, when Riley’s roommate had left, Giles and the others had looked at each other speechless.
The first one to break the tension had been Xander.
“Let’s kill him!”
“Who?” Anya had wondered.
“C’mon, guys, how many people in this ton have such horrible bleached hair?” he had gone on with a bit of satisfaction in his tone, because he was eager to eliminate that hellish bloodsucker.
“We gotta wait until Buffy recovers from the shock, and then we’ll talk her about our suspicions and we’ll decide what to do.” Giles had suggested.
“Now we gotta leave her alone, without annoying her with our presence! She need some privacy to mourn the death oh her boyfriend!”
“I believe he’s innocent..” Tara had stated shyly. “He helped Buffy so many times, he would never hurt her..”
“Yeah, sure, just because he has got a chip into his brain that prevent him from hurting people.. and that makes him innocent, after all..” Giles had struck back, smiling bitterly.
“What if.. his chip stopped working?” Anya wondered, but no one could give her an answer as they all looked at each other puzzled.


Now, after a whole day without seeing the Slayer, the four guys had gone to her house, but all the lights were turned off.
“We haven’t heard from her all day long. She didn’t answer the phone… wherever could she be?” Willow wondered uselessly.
“Her mother is away due to work, right?” Xander asked but Willow grabbed his shoulder.
“Whatever you are planning to say, shut up, understand? Buffy is upset due to Riley’s death, there’s no needs to make her even more agitated!”
The boy nodded, stunned by his best friend’s behaviour. He shrugged and knocked at the door, and then he tried to open it. “It’s locked, maybe she is sleeping..”
“Or she ‘s not home..” Tara suggested seriously. “It’s dark, maybe she is patrolling..”
“Patrol? Right, sure!” Willow figured out. “Listen to me, we gotta find her! Whoever killed Riley could want to hurt her, too, and maybe he’s looking for her right now! Let’s split up, we’ll meet at the Magic Box!”

Tara and Willow went to the cemetery, just next to Spike’s crypt.
“What if it was really Spike?” Tara wondered, taking a look around, a little scared.
“Everything is so strange.. it’s totally impossible due to his chip. He should have been in a blinding pain if only he had thought about killing Riley! Maybe.. maybe he had just found him dead and then he warned Buffy!” the redhead commented, pointing to the bleached blonde vampire’s crypt. “Let’s get in!” she ordered.

The air of the night was cold and irritating, it moved the plants in a sinister way, making them swing and sound like a whining, as they were some troubled souls looking for help.
“But.. but don’t you.. don’t you think that somehow.. his chip could stop working?” the blonde girl kept wondering.
Her fiancé shook her head.
“I don’t know, really. That chip has been made with such a high technology .. I seriously doubt it can stop working so easily.. On the other hand .. we are talking about mysterious creatures as vampires, we really don’t know if technology can be enough, because vampires could have such a big power to defeat the men’s inventions..”

Willow took a look around, pulling her hair behind her face in frustration, but suddenly something caught her attention: there was a coloured piece of fabric that was stuck in a little brunch of a bush, just nearby Spike’s crypt.
“Oh, God! But this is..” she murmured, approaching to it very agitatedly. “.. this is Buffy’s foulard!” she recognized it, grabbing it and beckoning Tara to follow her to the Magic Box as fast as possible.

TBC

I know, this is kinda short, but I promise I’ll update soon!