Thank you by Pandy and me!!

XVI (II)

Xander was walking around the entrance of the Magic Box, looking at some curios stuff, when Willow rushed into the shop, slamming the door open and hitting him.
“Hey!” he exclaimed, clutching his nose in pain. “Watch out next time!”
Willow apologized to him quickly, without even looking at him and walked with Tara to the banter.
Anya shrugged and sighed, checking out if her boyfriend’s nice face was still whole.
“I guess you didn’t find her ..” Giles stated, still and serious.
The redhead nodded with a darkened face and then she put on the banter what she had found at the graveyard.
“This is Buffy’s!”
“Where did you find it?” the Watcher wondered, grabbing and smelling the foulard, recognizing the Slayer’s perfume.
“In front of Spike’s crypt!” Tara answered.

Xander and Anya approached to analyze the foulard. A big silence fell in the room, because no one knew what to say, everyone was thinking about their friend and her possible fate.
Anya broke the silence first, smiling.
“Sure! How couldn’t I figure out that before?”
All the others looked at her.
“Buffy. Spike. Foulard. Didn’t you figured it out yet?”
Xander sighed.
“Anya, honey, this is not the most proper moment for your funny games, so just explain to us what you find out!” he scolded her.

The former Vengeance Demon snorted, but she resumed smiling soon. She adored knowing more than the others.
“When I was a demon, in my golden times.. you know.. I’ve dated some vampires, so I learned a thing or two about them. You know, a vampire’s bite is not the same for everyone, there are several kinds of bite: there’s the bite to kill that is the most classic one, after all, there’s the bite to turn, the bite to dominate someone’s mind and turn this someone into a slave.. and there’s also the bite to own someone, and this is the famous claim!”
Everyone looked at her as if she was a an alien.
“C’mon, guys! Ok, I’m gonna explain that better..” she said acting as an irritating teacher.
“The Master Vampire can create a bond with an human being through a simple exchange of blood that goes like this: you drink me, I drink you. That’s how they establish a sort of physical and mental contact, too, but this bond can’t enslave the human being, it’s just that the vampire gets to know every thought and desire of this person whenever they’re close.. and if they deepen their bond, with other exchanges of blood, the human being gets to read the vampire’s mind, too..”
Anya wrinkled her nose and waited for some feedback, but no one talked. “Uff, maybe I’m not very good to explain these things.. in a word, when Buffy said that Dracula had bitten her, actually it was Spike the one who did it! She didn’t show me the punctures because she knew I would have realized it wasn’t Dracula’s bite marks..”

Giles clutched his head and closed his eyes in frustration.
“Do you mean that since she had eliminated Dracula.. Buffy has created this bond with Spike?”
“I think so!” the former demon answered, satisfied because she had resolved the mystery. “ I would have realized it immediately if I had seen the bite marks… you know, there’s a kind of energy coming out from the bite marks when a person is claimed..” she went on.
“It’s a big trouble!” Willow commented, staring at an empty spot. “Buffy is in danger , if Spike owns her mind he can hurt her..”
“I’ve already explained to you that he can’t..” Anya tried to clarify, but they cut her off, forgetting her words.
“So, * he * killed Riley, and then he brainwashed Buffy, that’s how things went!” Xander yelled, ready to act.
“I don’t care if he killed Riley or not… I don’t care about his chip anymore. We gotta kill Spike anyway, to break the bond..” Giles muttered. “If Anya is right, Buffy is really in trouble, very big trouble!”
“So, what can we do?” Anya asked innocently.
The silence fell in the room once again.
“We gotta look for her!” Giles ordered. “We gotta find her, no matter what, and we absolutely have to keep her far away from Spike!”
“Where can we find her?” Willow wondered.

Giles sighed heavily.
“Everywhere! Let’s check every corner of Sunnydale first the place she attends more frequently!”
As they all left the shop, Tara parted, grabbing Willow’s arms.
“What if this wasn’t what she really wants?” she wondered hesitantly.
Willow frowned.
“How can you say such a thing?” she struck back, without even waiting for her fiancé to answer, reaching the others.
Tara closed her eyes, sighed and then she followed them, too.

In the meantime, the Slayer walked around, heading towards her house as the tears rolled down her face and her eyes had reddened due to the big cry.
Her mind was plenty of thoughts.. and empty at the same time, she didn’t want to meet anyone, she just wanted to go home and disappear.
Was she ashamed of herself? No, she wasn’t, she just felt … lonely.

TBC

A lot of Buffy and Scoobie ‘s interaction in the next chap.. but no Spikey yet, sorry, be patient… we won’t upset you!