thanks so very much by both of us! here's the new part

XVII (II)

Buffy resumed talking first.
“But then he exaggerated, so I ran away scared..”
“Do you mean when you found out he hadn’t his chip anymore, so he could kill again?” Tara wondered as tactful as she could.
Buffy was about to say that not even that fact had shocked her, that it was something else she was afraid of.. afraid that she wouldn’t be able to refuse that twice.
But she decided to be silent, she didn’t want them to know everything at the very end, she didn’t want them to check her, she didn’t want them to try to save her.

< I don’t want to be saved.. and this is not good at all..> she told herself, but then she realized that the others were still waiting for her answer.

“Yes, that’s the reason. I casually caught him as he hunted.. and I was so shocked that I began running away as fast as I could. I couldn’t face him, right now he’s stronger than me!” she explained, without caring about telling her friends the umpteenth colossal lie.
“ Oh, honey, it must be such a shock for you!” Tara pitied her.
“You did the right thing running away. And now that he knows that you know.. probably he will want to kill you!” Xander added.

< Alright, these dumb guys understood nothing! Hello? What part of ‘relationship with Spike’ didn’t you get? Well, I’d better make them believe what they want to believe…> she thought.

“Yes, it’s true. Now he’s mad at me because I rejected him, and because he knows that I know everything, so he’s determined to kill me..” she went on.

a glimpse of what was left of her conscience popped out weakly.

Buffy was still in time to tell her friends the real truth, to ask their help, to make them keep her far away from Spike, even if they had to tie her, as Ulysses did not to fall under those siren’s charm.
And yet, she had said nothing, throwing to the wind even the last chance to come back to a life that was as normal as possible.

“Buffy, calm down, everything is over. We are here with you, and I’m sure everything will be fine from now on!” Willow reassured her. “Now you just need to rest. Tara and I will keep you company, so if you need something, anything, we’ll be there for you!” she went on, saying good bye to the others.

Anya wasn’t very convinced by Buffy’s words and she was about to say something, but she remembered how they all made her shut up the last time, so she kept silent on her own.

The two witches arrived to Buffy’s house, getting in.
As Tara had gently offered to make some chamomile tea, Buffy took Willow in a corner to talk.
“Will, can I ask you something?”
“Sure, Buffy, anything!”
“It’s about Tara and you. When you didn’t feel attracted anymore by what you had always liked so far, but by something new, something special.. didn’t you worry about all the others’ reaction and what they would have thought?” Buffy asked her, amazing her friend with that unusual question.
“Well, yes, It’s normal, I was the first one to be astonished. I was sure it was just a temporary phase, that by time I would become the same old myself again, That I hadn’t to think about that anymore..” Willow started explaining.
“But..” Buffy said.
“Yes, but it wasn’t so. The more I kept going on that way, the more I realized that she was the right one for me, that that was the life I wanted, and I didn’t care about the rest anymore..” she smiled, remembering those sensations.
“And finally you changed!” Buffy said.
“Yes, and I don’t repent about this, if I could turn back time I know that I would make exactly the same choice…” the redhead answered, looking from the dining room at her Tara, as she turned off the fire, took the boiler and filled the cup.
“You know, Buffy, with my baby I found my way!” Willow concluded, with dreamy eyes.
“Thank you, Will, this chat with you made me feel better!” Buffy hugged her.

Willow couldn’t even begin to suspect that, but in their brief chat there was hidden a secret double meaning for Buffy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Willow and Tara were in the living room, cuddled together on the sofa, as they watched TV, as Buffy was getting ready to go sleep.
Spike’s bite marks on her neck pulsed so much that it almost hurt. It was a clear symptom of her abstinence.
She wanted to go in the street and run into Spike, wherever he was, but at the same time she also knew she shouldn’t do that, so she forced herself to resist.
Finally the chamomile tea had its effect on her and Buffy fell asleep.



“She is sleeping like an angel!” Tara informed Willow, after going upstairs to check Buffy in her room.
“Good. You’re so sweet when you are apprehensive.. who am I kidding? You’re always so sweet..” Willow murmured, caressing her hair and touching her lips with a very soft kiss. “You know, honey, I talked with Buffy before, and that made me realize that it’s been a while since I showed you how important you’re to me, and I’m gonna show you know , come here, love..” she went on, pulling Tara to herself to snog together on the sofa.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was about 2:00 a.m. and in the Summer’s house everything was deeply silent and all the lights were turned off.
A certain someone climbed on the three as silently as he could, and with the same silent he jumped on the windowsill, getting in.
He stared at Buffy for a while, as she slept kinda deeply, pleased when he saw that she kept her hand on his last bite marks.
He approached to her bed quietly, sitting on it and bending on her, and then he kissed tenderly her shoulder.
She murmured, as if she had enjoyed that kiss, turning to him and opening her eyes a bit lazily.

“Spike!” she exclaimed in whisper, because if she had screamed the two witches would have run to her.. and she didn’t want it.
It had to be a secret, their little dark secret.
“I’m here to take you away with me, pet!” he smiled as he pulled away the sheets, admiring the blue short nightdress she wore.
In his voice, in his look, in his moves, there was that cocky self-confidence that annoyed her a lot.. and turned her on at the same time!
“Spike, you know better than me that I won’t come with you anymore..”

He looked deeply into her green eyes, taking her hands in his.
“That was your mouth..” he said, bringing her hands on her chest. “. Now I wanna hear what your heart says..” he finished.

So, once again, Buffy’s eyes became tearful and the copious tears wet her pretty face.
“No, matter what my heart says, it must give in to the harsh realty. We can’t.. al this stuff between us should have never happened… and I wish so bad we could make our bond end once for all, but it’s not possible!” she answered, crying on Spike’s shoulder.
“You know what? Actually.. it *is* possible!” he confessed to her.
“What?” she asked dumbfounded, raising her head.
“Do you really want to make our bond end forever?” he asked her seriously.
“Spike.. yes. I think this is the best thing for both of us..” she said with a ghost of voice, wondering why we was taking off his coat and he was also unbuttoning his shirt, baring his perfect marble chest once again.
“You don’t have to say anything more, sunshine..” he told her, grieving, as he grabbed quickly a stake that was on her night table.

He raised it, determined to pierce his heart with it, but before the sharp pointy piece of wood could touch his pale skin, Buffy had already snatched it from his hand violently, throwing it to the opposite side of the room.
She held him tight, crying even more than before.
“You’re crazy! What were you going to do?” she asked him between sobs and tears, punching his chest with rage.
“I was just doing what you wanted me to do. To make our bond end.. the only way is the death of the Master Vampire who created it!” he explained to her with tearful eyes, raising her chin because he wanted her to look at him.
“If it’s so.. this Master Vampire is a total idiot, because he hadn’t figured out yet that * I love him*!” she struck back, sealing his lips with hers for a desperate kiss that had the salty taste of her tears.

< I love you, too, my baby, you don’t know how much I do!> he thought, deepening their kiss.

she thought as he could feel her smile against his lips, as their kiss got hotter and hotter.

< Well, you know me, kitten, don’t you? I’m an original bloke!> he answered, smiling and parting from her, pleased when she heard her complain for that.

“Honey, I love you, you love me.. there’s only a way for us to be.. “ he trailed, but she closed his mouth with a finger.

“No, Spike, it’s not true. Maybe we can be together anyway.. if you stopped killing and resumed acting as you did when your chip still worked, maybe the others… “ she tried to persuade him… but she was the first one who didn’t believe in what she was saying.

TBC


we hope you'll still like it