Thank you! ;) Here’s another part..

III.

A warm ray of sun slipped through the window, lighting up her face.
Annoyed by that, Buffy turned under the covers, looking for shelter.
What day was it? She had to study.. but why did she feel so puzzled?
With a kick she set herself free from the covers, staring at the ceiling.

There was something odd and different that morning.
Last night was a confusing memory still surrounded by fog.
Although she forced herself to remember, the only thing raising inside her was just a strong nausea and a throbbing headache.

She got up to go to the bathroom and wash her face.
How was her face? Scarily pale.
Her eyes? Shining.
Had she got fever? She touched her forehead, it was fresh.
She opened the tap and washed her face, descending to her neck.
What was there?
She approached to the mirror to look at it better.

Suddenly, realization hit and she remembered all the previous events.

Dracula’s arrival to Sunnydale, her deal with Spike , the kill of the Transylvanian Count.
She touched the still fresh bite and she was horrified.

< What have you done, Buffy? You let that damn bleached vamp bite you, oh my God! And I drank his blood, too!>

She left the bathroom and she looked for something to wear in a big hurry.. but where did she want to go?

< I can’t blame Spike.. it was my choice. Oh God, Buffy, were you drunk or what? And.. the kiss?> she wondered as nervous as never.

She had enjoyed kissing him and tasting his blood and hers as it mingled in their mouth.. it was so .. sensual.
And then the guilty sense hit her and she thought about Riley and her friends.
“No one will never know it..” she swore.
“.. and when I see Spike I’ll clear things, telling him that the kiss was only a.. moment of weakness!”

Spike’s bite had erased the Master and Angel’s ones.. in every sense.
The first two bites had been painful, while Spike’s bite had given her the feeling of melting into a liquid fire into his arms, wrapped by his cold body, as the tension and mostly the pleasure increased.

Buffy’s eyes went wide.

< And I even told him I belong to him!>

She tried to pull away the last thought as if it was an annoying mosquito, as she finished to get ready to go out, with thousand thoughts and thousand excuses for that kiss.

Did she forget that she asked him to do that again?
When she remembered it, she yelled hysterically, breaking a leg of her bed with a furious kick.
Lucky to her, Joyce wasn’t home.

Buffy wanted to go to the Library to study, she was sure no thoughts would have disturbed her there. Wait. Maybe shopping was a better idea, she would be more carefree, instead of spending hours on her boring psychology book she had to study due to the incoming exams.

She went downstairs as a fury, opening the door.
“Ri.. Riley!” she stuttered, stunned.

The young man stared at her with his classic boy scout smile.
“Buffy, are you ok?”
She nodded.
“What are you doing here?” she wondered dryly.

Riley got in even without being invited, wrapping his strong arms around her and sinking his face in her hair.
“I was worried about you… with Dracula hanging around..”
“He’s not a problem anymore, !” she answered quickly, breaking free form his embrace.
She thought it was a great idea to wear the foulard her mother gave her last Christmas, otherwise Riley would have noticed the bite marks.
“Wha.. what? When did you kill him?’”

She smiled, gesticulating as she gave him a different version of the real story.
“The usual typical vampire, he wasn’t any different from the others, and he had made a big mistake getting in my room. Before I could say ‘stake’ he was already dust!”

The boy looked at her confused and incredulous.
“You have no idea about how happy I am, Buffy! From now on we’ll have more peace.”
Riley tried to kiss her, but she avoided him.

Did she fear that he could still taste the blood in her mouth?
“Yes..” Buffy whispered, feeling guilty, without being able to look the boy into his eyes.

“You know, I got lots of info about Dracula!” he resumed talking, bragging a little, as Buffy looked impatient. “I had to talk with that pile of garbage ,Spike, to.. “
“Spike?!” she repeated, getting on the alert. “Why? What did you want from him?” she asked, blushing instantly.

“Don’t worry, it doesn’t matter anymore!” he answered.
Buffy thanked God for making Riley such a doll .. he didn’t even noticed her embarrassment.

“Ok, now I gotta go to the library!” she informed him, leaving and beckoning him to do the same.
A little bit disappointed by her coldness, Riley left and walked her through the Revello Drive.
“Will I see you later at classes?” he wondered.

Buffy nodded distractedly, wearing a pair of sunglasses and departing, after confining herself just to greet her boyfriend with a quick wave of her hand.

( end I)

We hope you’ll still like it.. ;)