Thank you!!

III (II)

She walked very nervously.
Once Riley was gone, she breathed relieved, and she relaxed enough to reflect.. but reflect about what?
About the fact that she couldn’t stand Riley’s kisses anymore lately?
Or about the fact that she still thought about her kiss with Spike?

Spike… she had to absolutely go to him and clear the situation … what situation?

< It’s simple, whatever had happened between us, it was over with Dracula’s death, end of the speech! No developments, no complications!>

They were still enemies, and they would always be just a Vampire and a Slayer.
Of course, she wouldn’t kill him, first, because he had helped her, and second, that chip made him harmless.

But would have she really told him all that stuff?

She changed direction, heading towards the graveyard where the bleached blond rested.
She rushed as a bulldozer into his crypt, slamming the door open and looking for Spike.
He rested calmly on his sarcophagus, wrapped inside black sheets.

His vampire’s sense were on the alert since Buffy had got in, but he hadn’t bothered to find out who had got in his crypt.
He already knew it was her.

“Slayer..” he grumbled, jumping off and stretching lazily as soon as she had closed the door not to turn into a pile of ashes. “What a nice surprise, please, come in!”

Buffy couldn’t help noticing his wonderful chest still visible from the half-opened shirt.
Seeing her blush, the vampire laughed.
“Wassup, Slayer? Does the view of my body disturb you? I understand, I Know I’m bloody irresistible.. maybe your Soldier boy isn’t so attractive, is he?” he chuckled.

“Save me your damn sarcasm, Spike!” she snapped roughly. “I’m not here to waste my time!”
“Ok, pet, I’m listening to you, then!” he struck back.

Buffy took a step closer, and she didn’t know due to what dark fear, but she kept a safety range from him.
Right then she knew that she couldn’t trust herself anymore!

All the self confidence she had on her way to his crypt was gone.
“I.. I wanted to.. to thank you for.. for what you did for me last night.. “ she began talking, stuttering.
“Simple duty, Slayer, I had a score to settle with Mr. Gipsy-Tricks!”

< So, did he do that just for his own business?> Buffy had a bitter taste in her mouth, without figuring out why.

“So, we’re even, then, we have nothing more to say to each other!” she snapped angrily.

Se didn’t know anymore where that discussion was bringing her to.
She didn’t know anymore what to say.
Her rationality summoned her to go, but her instinct, that very remote part of her, suggested her to stay.

Spike took another step closer to her.
“Wassup, Slayer, Maybe is there anything else?”

They were looking into each other eyes, and Buffy’s legs were weak.
God, she was the Slayer, she could lift him 10 feet in the air just with a simple punch… but by then her arms seemed not to obey to her anymore.

She tried to face his gaze, ending up sinking in that blue ocean his eyes were.
“I.. I just wanted to.. to tell you that.. what happened last night it was.. just..” she stuttered again, without being able to complete that sentence.
Why had all her previous arrogance faded since she had stepped in that crypt?

Spike frowned, pretending to be astonished.
“Are you trying to tell me it was just a moment of weakness? Sure, Slayer, I had already understood
that, don’t worry. I had cleared that point, I don’t want a stupid doll to order about! Our deal has broken with Mr Gipsy-Tricks’ death, so calm down!” he said, turning his back to hide his disappointed face from her.

“Ok.” Buffy resumed talking. “ I’ll go, then..”
She didn’t wait for any Spike’s reaction, she just left the crypt, as she felt as if she had a load on her soul.

Once he was alone, Spike sat on his sarcophagus, thinking about what had just happened.
Buffy’s words had left a bad taste in his mouth and he couldn’t figure out why.
He raised his head, enlightened.
How could he know it was Buffy even before she got in? He just knew it.. but it had never happened before.

The Slayer’s blood still boiled into his veins. Could there be a real bond between them, then?

TBC