Hi everyone. Well, I know that so far this FF sounds more like a fluffy comedy (esp. this part), but trust us, later it will get dark, too, it’s a promise! ;-)
Thank you so, so very much for supporting us, we adore you all!

IV (I)

“I know everything, and now I want a detailed account!” Willow exclaimed as soon as Buffy got in the classroom, sitting beside her.
“What does it mean .. you know everything? Everything what? There’s no ‘everything’ to know!” Buffy answered agitatedly.
“Don’t be modest with me. You’ve defeated Dracula nonetheless! Riley has told Tara and me as soon as he met us.”

< Damn him! How can someone who previously worked for a secret Commando be so gossipy?> Buffy thought, rolling her eyes.

“Really, Willow, it’s nothing special. He was a vampire. I had a stake. My stake sank into his heart. He became dust. End of the story.” the blond explained quickly.
“How can you say it’s nothing special? I saw your reaction at the graveyard two nights ago.. and I saw mine, too, honestly..” the redhead struck back, as her eyes fell on that foulard.

< Buffy never wears foulards.. what if..> she thought.

“So, you are telling me that you weren’t under any power, that he didn’t even get closer to you..” she went on.
“Exactly. He had immediately what he deserved.” Buffy confirmed.

“What about * this*, then?” Willow wondered, taking the foulard off her neck, before Buffy could react.
And as she expected, she found two still visible bite marks.

“Uh! Ok, maybe.. he managed to get closer to me at the beginning, but then I caught him off guard and PUFF! Dust. That was his punishment for daring touch me!” Buffy lied, putting on her foulard again.

“Yeah, I knew it couldn’t be such an easy fight.. the most important fact is that now everything is over..” the redhead exulted.
“Yes, you said that, so let’s forget about Mr Gipsy-Tricks!”
“Hey, Buffy, this is such a funny way to call him, how did that nickname come to your mind?” the other girl chuckled.
“Well, you know.. I have a huge imagination!” Buffy justified, as she couldn’t help touching her neck.

All of the sudden, Willow burst out laughing.
“Wassup?”
“Oh, nothing. I was just thinking.. Gee, Buffy, your neck is like a tollgate, how many vampires did pass by that? The Master, Angel, now Dracula.. well, you just miss Spike’s bite!” she kept laughing.
Buffy startled but Willow didn’t notice that.
“Wil.. Willow! How can you even think such a thing?” she pretended to chuckle. “Anyway, lesson is gonna start, so let’s shut up and listen!” she summoned her, and Willow was astonished by such care in lessons from her friend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The classes were over, and as she had promised Buffy was heading to the Magic Box to help Giles and the others with the stock inventory.

She was on her way to the shop, but she was alone, and being alone brings people to think, and since the previous day Buffy seemed to have just one thought in her mind.

< Lucky for me, she thought it was Dracula.. but.. in this spot the bite is too in evidence. Next time I’ll tell Spike to.. Next time?! No, I can’t have really said that! There will be no ‘next time’ with no Spike! I don’t like bites, bites hurt as hell, especially his. Those fangs that sink progressively into my flesh, as he embraces me .. and although he’s so cold he can warm me up as there was a fire burning inside me..>

And as she thought that, she had already taken off her foulard, caressing his bite marks and shivering at that soft touch.

she scolded herself, pulling the foulard on again, and knotting it three times.

< His bites hurt as hell, nothing sensual.. just a hellish pain!> she kept repeating in her mind, taking a deep breath before meeting her friends and their gaudiness.. because it was the last thing she wanted right then.

“Here I am!” Buffy greeted everyone.
Anya showed up, running towards her.
“You have killed Dracula, haven’t you? Well, couldn’t you wait a while before doing that? I wanted to find out if he still remembered me! Anyway, now tell me everything!” the ex-demon exclaimed.

“What? Don’t tell me Riley has been here, too!” Buffy snorted, realizing just then that she had avoided him since the morning.
“No, I figured that out in another way..” Anya explained.

Just in that moment , Xander showed up agitated as never, keeping rubbing his tongue and his mouth with his hands.
“I ate bugs, I ate bugs, I ate bugs, that bastard made me ate bugs!” he kept repeating, shaking his head as if he wanted to make that horrible memory go away.
“He’s been acting like this since last night!” his fiancé rolled her eyes.

“Anyway, he would be interesting to know how exactly you managed to kill him..” Giles exclaimed, clearing his throat.
“Hey, why that foulard, are you trying to cover some bite marks? It’s Dracula’s bite, isn’t t? Can I see it?” Anya asked, getting closer as Buffy backed off.

“Yes, he managed to bite me, but just at the beginning.. And no, you can’t see it, no one can, it’s something that makes me feel awkward, and it’s personal!” she explained, but truth was that she feared that Anya, due to her long experience, could recognize that bite as a claim.

And the blonde was lucky, because after a couple of other insistent requests, Anya gave up, a little bit disappointed, as Buffy was ready to give them the same version of the story she had given Willow.

TBC

What about Spike? Eh, eh, you’ll find out in the next part…