Thank you, sooo much by Pandy and me!
Eh, eh, the bite has an odd ‘side effect’ on Spike.. we hope you’ll like it! ;)

IV (II)

Spike still thought about the Slayer.
It was sunset, and the sky was red as blood.
Blood, that sweet nectar he had tasted from her the night before was inside him, grasping at every dead cell of his, even the littlest ones, burning him.
What kind of spell did that damn little girl cast on him?

Sitting on his armchair inside his crypt, he stared at a blank spot, thinking about what to do.
Go to her? No way, he would have never brought himself to such a low level.
He wasn’t a stupid puppy and he didn’t want to be treated as a jailbird, well.. hellbird.

If only that bloody chip hadn’t exist, he could have shown her his real value.
The hell with Soldier Boy! He didn’t deserve her.

“Why the hell am I having these bloody thoughts? Those two deserve each other, one is more bloody stupid than the other!” he yelled, getting up and grabbing his leather coat, before going out try to forget and sink those stupid feelings in the alcohol.

Where could he go? The only place that would make him feel better was Willie’s bar, maybe he would even find some demons to start a riot with and fight.

Yes, he would have feel better there with no doubts.

That stupid barman was cleaning the counter when Spike got in.
Remembering the last experiences, the mortal man smiled at the vampire nervously and immediately offered to him the best blood he had on stock.
“No, buddy..” Spike answered “.. tonight I want something strong. Give me the bloody best bourbon you have, I wanna sink in that!”

Trying to obey as fast as he could an hysteric snicker escaped from Willie’s mouth, as he poured absently the liquor in the glass, a liquor that raised the dead.
Spike threw daggers at him with his eyes.
“Don’t waste it, buddy, be more careful the next time!” he scolded him, drinking the content in one shot.

Willie hurried to pour it again, but the vampire’s hand blocked him, snatching the bottle from him and pouring it on his own.

“Wassup, Spike, bad night?” the barman asked.
Maybe he hadn’t figure out yet that that wasn’t the proper night to tease Spike.
After all, he knew that Spike couldn’t harm him.

< That’s it, maybe this is my chance to get revenge!> Willie thought.

< I piss him off, wait for his violent reaction.. and Bingo! Spike tries to hit me and that damn chip he has in his head turns on and he writhes and winces in pain , everyone laugh and all the demons of Sunnydale will make fun of him for ages! Eh, eh, that’s the perfect crime!> he thought with a knowing smile, keeping cleaning the counter.

“You know, Spike, there are some rumours about you..” he exclaimed, looking at him as he gulped another glass of bourbon and another one again.
“Uh?” Spike said.
That bourbon probably was a bomb, because the vampire’s eyes were already lucid and absent. He was already drunk!

“Yes, my friend, you know.. here demons talk..”
“Sooo?” he slurred, filling his glass again. “Whaaat did they teeell ya? “
“They told me you’re just a half-demon by then, a hellbird.. and..” Willie chuckled.

Spike’s eyes went wide.
“What else diiid they saay? Whoo did it?”
Willie shrugged.
“You know, there are so many demons around here, maybe a vengeance demon, or the one with all those..”
“Never mind!” the vampire cut him off. “Tell meee what else they saaay about meee!”

“They say you are feeding on pig blood, and that you have a thing in your head that prevents you from hurting human beings! They say that you can’t kill anymore, because that thing hurts you badly if you even just attempt to attack someone. And then..” Willie got closer to him to speak with a low voice. “.. they say that you have an affair with that whelp of the Slayer.”

Too much. It was too much for Spike.
Without thinking about his damn chip and incited by the alcohol, Spike grabbed that sodding barman by the collar of his shirt, dragging him to himself.
“ * Who* is a half demon?“ he yelled, without slurring anymore. “* Who* has an affair with that annoying whelp?” he went on.

The clients of the bar alarmed, but they did nothing to help Willie. He had to deal with that situation on his own, the bar was his!

Spike pulled him off the counter, his face was few inches from his, as he blew on him cold breath that smelled of alcohol.
“Repeat that, if you have the balls!” Spike yelled furiously, shifting to his game face.
“Y.. you. Can.. can’t hurt m.. me..” Willie stuttered, terrified.

Spike raised his scared eyebrow, astonished when he heard those words.
It was true, why hadn’t the chip started torturing him yet?
To confirm his doubts, the vampire punched the man’s nose, sending him to the opposite side of the bar.

A cheerful little scream escaped from Spike’s mouth.
Willie lied on the ground senseless, his nose, probably broken, was bleeding copiously.
The vampire approached him.
“You are a sodding piece of shit.. but thank you for making me remember how cool to be evil is!” he chuckled, wiping the blood with his finger and bringing it to his mouth, as he left the bar, singing a Ramones’ song.

“What knocked you out, bloody chip?” he screamed happily. “Have you turned off due to a magic? Or maybe has that tiny bite I gave to the Slayer this pleasant kind of side effect?”
He still song for a while, before feeling the old instincts of the hunt raise inside him, with the certainty that the Big Bad was finally back.
“ Right, a little snack before enjoying the rest of the night ..” he said with a very low voice, seeing a young boy walking around furtively.

“My return to the un-life.. Tremble, everyone, William the Bloody is here!” he yelled, drawing the attention of the unlucky boy who, after seeing his face, backed off scared.
“You, little boy, you have no idea about what is gonna happen to you..” Spike said, bending on his neck and draining him with the ardour of a vampire who hadn’t felt the joy of a killing for too long.

After drying his victim up as a bottle of bourbon, he threw the corpse on the ground, savouring the warm blood and inhaling the air that smelled of death.

“Here I am, Slayer, dear old Spike is back.. and now he’s going to show you how evil he is!”

TBC