Hello, more angst I'm afraid....sorry, it sets things up for a few more angsty chapters and then it's smooth sailing for a couple more......I promise to make it all better. (this was the first Spuffy I started ions ago....)



Spike sat at the table, frowning, as he looked at his watch for the umpteenth time. The time was going on 6:45 p.m. and still no Buffy present. First he was worried, then frustrated, and now a little angry that it appeared she was standing him up.

He could see his plans for this evening dissolving before his eyes. First, they were to have had a drink and talk about their day, and then he was going to tell her about himself and what he does for a living. 'Doesn’t look like that's going to happen anytime today, mate.'

Spike again looked at his watch and then around the café, feeling tightness in his chest as his insecurities ran amok. 'Bet she knew who I was the entire time and is laughing her ass off at my expense right now. Or better yet, she's found some hot jock on the island and cast me aside like I'm chopped liver,' he thought as he got up from the table to leave so he could get ready for tonight's program.

*******

Buffy sat in the chair next to the Terrace Pool, located at the rear of the ship. She found it a great place to relax, enjoy the ocean, and hide from that lying bastard. It was far from the Horizon Court, where they had decided to meet. ‘God, please keep him out of my sight for the rest of my life.’

Willow sat next to her friend and could not help but wish they had not come on the cruise. Then again, maybe not, she was happy about meeting Jenny and the girls. She just hated that Spike had to come spoil all their fun.

"Willow, you can go and meet Jenny or something. You don't have to stay and keep me company," Buffy looked at her friend and smiled. "I promise not to jump overboard."

"I hate to leave you alone right now," Willow sighed, thinking how she'd like to hit that damn Spike over the head with something right about now.

"It's okay, honest," Buffy smiled reassuringly. "Go. I’ll see you in the room shortly to get ready for dinner."

Willow realized then that Buffy might need sometime alone. "Okay, if I’m not there I will see you at dinner."

"Okay, now scoot," Buffy plastered on the best smile she could pull up.

Willow reluctantly left her friend and decided she needed to talk to Jenny and fill her in on what had happened. For some reason, she felt the older woman would be more apt to help with the Spike situation than anyone else.

*******

Spike slammed the door upon entering his cabin causing his roommate to wake abruptly from his nap. "What the bloody hell?"

"Sorry, Wes," Spike apologized, as he walked over and jerked the balcony door open before stepping outside. "God, why did I give up smoking?"

Wesley closed his eyes, knowing that if the man was asking for a smoke, then something bad had happened. He quickly rolled off the bed, took a deep breath, and prepared himself for the battle of wits it was going to take to get Spike to tell him what happened.

"Maybe to cut down on the air pollution that is already eating away at your lungs with the L.A. smog," Wesley offered as he joined his friend on the balcony.

"Don't come out here with your little cute self and try and haggle me to talk about it," Spike turned and glared. "Not ready for the 'what's bothering you right now' step in, getting Spike to talk about his problems."

Wesley merely rolled his eyes and leaned back against the rail. "Sorry, I just thought I would try and answer your question, even if I'm not God."

Spike grabbed the rail with both hands and tried not to bite off his best friend's head. "I just need some time to think it out in my head."

"I can understand that, just wanted you to know I'm here when you are ready to talk about it," Wesley nodded before walking back inside.

His gut told him it was concerning a certain blonde female that was the cause of his friend's surly behavior. Wesley looked at the clock, noticing he had time to get ready and go to the Giles’ room and get a drink or two in before dinner. He gathered his things to get dressed, having showered already when he had returned to the ship.

*******

Angel and Darla stood just inside the doorway to the pool and watched the redhead get up and leave.

"So, he never told her who he was, and she had not clue before hand that he was Spike Crawford, two bit actor," Angel smiled, as he continued to admire the blonde little number sitting beside the pool.

"Nope, he never told her, I guess he didn't introduce himself as Spike, but as William," Darla shrugged. The more she thought about this the more she didn't want to do it, but Angel held the cards.

Angel could see the indecision in his reluctant partner's eyes, and knew she needed to be reminded of what he had over her. "Now, you don't want your devoted followers to know about that torrid affair you had with that married couple, do you? Let alone your loving husband, how would Master’s feel knowing his woman likes to swing both ways?"

"You are a bastard, you know that?" Darla glared. "The only reason you can hold that over my head is because I don't want the other couple hurt with the publicity it would bring. And Colin and I were broken up at the time."

"Tsk, tsk. You must learn that if you don't want anyone to know something in this business, then don't do it," Angel winked. "Heads up, here she comes, go over and stand by the elevator."

"Fine!" she replied, walking to the lift. ‘Remember pretty boy,’ she thought. ‘Paybacks are a bitch, and I'm just the one bitchy enough to give it back ten fold.'

Angel stepped back out of Buffy's sight as she entered from the outside and walked toward the elevator doors. He couldn't help but admire how even in her cover-up, her ass was a fine piece of work. ‘Great set of legs, too.’ He silently admired as he moved to follow her, thinking that so far, so good with how his plans where working out.

Buffy noticed a blonde woman standing in the elevator, about to let the doors close. When the woman pushed the open door button and waved her to come on, Buffy hurried to join her.

"Thanks," she said, and then felt someone come in after her, causing her to move deeper into the elevator.

"No problem," the woman said before turning her attention to the man who had entered after her. "Hey, Angel."

"Darla, going to get dressed for dinner I assume?" Angel smiled softly before nodding toward the other female in the compartment. "Hello."

Buffy recognized him from the hotel when Willow was talking about the T.V. show she watched him on. "Hello."

"So, have you talked to any of the others since we got back from the island?" Darla asked.

"No I haven't," Angel shrugged. "I'm sure they each have their own agenda."

"I'm sure they do," Darla replied with a forced smile on her face. "Have you seen Spike?"

"No, I haven't, why?"

"Was wondering if he called Harmony?" Darla silently cringed for what she was about to do.

"I thought she would be here with him, since she found she had the time to come now." Angel was silently jumping up and down that it was all going as planned.

"Don't know. She said something about how he didn't want to ask for special privileges for his girlfriend at the last minute." Darla, for the first time, wondered if it would have been easier coming out about the affair. "But you never know with Spike, could be he had other plans."

"Now, don't go assuming he came to have an affair," Angel chastised his partner in crime, knowing that from the gasp from the girl behind it, everything was going as planned.

Buffy felt like her world was spiraling out of control as she thought how she had almost committed another ‘Buffy relationship blunder’ with a man that had a girlfriend waiting for him back home.

She was sure she would not be able to eat a thing and decided that dinner was a no go for her. The tears threatened to fall, as she softly excused herself when her floor dinged and she quickly left the two actors behind. One feeling worse than mud on someone's shoes for what she had just done, the other smiling at a job well done, as he followed Buffy off the elevator without her knowing it.

Buffy was halfway to her room when she heard her name called by the one person she never wanted to see again in her life. Wishing at that moment, she was a witch and could make herself, or him, disappear without a trace.

"Buffy!" Spike called out, having been a ponce and going to her room to look for her, instead of joining Wes at the Giles'.

Trying to ignore him, Buffy walked past him, hoping he would take the hint and leave her alone. However, she could never be that lucky, when she picked ‘em, she sure could pick ‘em.

"Buffy, please, tell me what's wrong?" Spike asked, feeling like he was no longer in control- that some being had possessed him, making him act like this.

"Just leave me alone," she said through gritted teeth. "I don't want to see you ever again."

"Tell me why," he practically begged. "Tell me what I did that was so wrong."

She turned and let him have it. "You are a liar and a cheat. Now leave me alone and go off to find some other fish in the sea that you can snag with your load of bull."

Spike stood stunned for a moment, wondering what he could have done to warrant such treatment. "I hate to differ, luv, but I have never lied to you."

"Don't call me that."

"What? Call you what?" He looked at her confused, feeling like his world was crashing around him.

"Luv, don't call me that," she rolled her eyes and turned to walk away. "Maybe you’ve told so many lies to different girls you can't remember the ones you told me."

"Don't walk away from me until you tell me what the hell I lied about," Spike yelled, as he reached out and grabbed her arm to stop her from leaving.

Buffy never felt as angry as when he grabbed her arm. Turning around to try and pull her arm out of his grasp. "Let. Go. Of. Me."

"Not until you tell me how you went from being all happy last night to being bitchy today," Spike growled.

"I think you should let the lady go," Angel said and he came up from behind Spike.

"This is none of your concern, Angel, so sod off," Spike snarled at the man who dared to interfere.

"I don't think so, Spike," Angel snorted. "You never did know how to treat a woman like a lady."

"Back off, Peaches," Spike said as he let go of Buffy's arm so he would be free to punch the poofter's lights out, if need be.

"Stop it, both of you, just stop it," Buffy cried. "Spike, William or whoever the hell you are, listen to me. I want you to leave, and leave now. Do not try to talk to me again," she shouted as the tears ran down her face. "Now just go."

Spike backed off and looked at the girl he had made the mistake of letting get too close. "Please let me explain, it's not what you think."

"Oh, right," she snorted. "You’ve had your laugh at the naïve little Buffy who didn’t know she was being played by the big star, who, by the way has a girlfriend named Harmony. Funny what you know when you know who you’re dealing with."

Angel stepped between the couple and looked Spike in the eyes. "I think you had better leave. Give Harmony a buzz and tell her I said hello."

Spike knew he had to leave before he did something he would regret down the road. "You would understand everything if you'd just let me explain, but then maybe you aren't the girl I thought you were."

Buffy noticed for once the pain in his eyes and wondered if it was real, or just an act. She noticed how his shoulders drooped in defeat, and again wondered if he was just acting like the injured party.

"Goodbye Mr. Crawford," she whispered, watching his face become hard and his eyes turn to ice before he turned and walked away.

Angel turned and greeted the heart broken, and now vulnerable and ready for picking, little Miss Summers. "Are you going to be okay?"

Buffy looked up at the caring brown eyes and started to cry, not because of him, but because it was just someone that seemed to care. "I'm not sure," she whispered softly.

Angel was crowing to the Heavens, as he pulled her into his arms, offering her his shoulder to cry on. He kept thinking the entire time that to beat Spike down, it would be worth her tears staining his new shirt. "Is your room near here? Maybe I can escort you there so you can get some rest?"

"Yes, it's right down the hall," Buffy pulled back using her hands to wipe the tears off her face. "I'm so sorry, I cried all over your shirt."

Angel used his best acting face and smiled down on the blubbering blonde twit. "It's okay. It's only a shirt. Why don't we get you to your room before someone comes along asking questions that we don't want them to have answers to."

Buffy sniffled and nodded her head as she turned to lead him to her room thinking, at least with his presence, maybe Spike won't try and talk to her again. "Again, thank you for helping me out."

"I'm just happy I was here to help," Angel's voice gave the impression he cared. Inside he was saying, 'It was my pleasure my dear. You just don't know how pleasurable it's about to become.'

O'Connor smiled to himself, hoping Crawford would like the present that was waiting for him back at his room, with a sweet little note saying, 'Watch me'.

Spike watched from around the corner as Buffy accepted Angel's attention, causing him to feel like his stomach just dropped out of his body completely. He couldn't believe that she was allowing a cad such as O' Connor to even touch her, let alone choose the wanker over him.

He could not bear to watch as she allowed the bastard to escort her down the hall toward her room. His mind was starting to play tricks and send awful thoughts of the kind of comfort that the damn Captain Forehead would be offering once they got there. He didn't know how he was going to make it through the evening without confronting the bane of his existence. He turned and stormed down the hall with the intent of finding a pack of cigarettes, and a bottle of liquid comfort.

*******

Wesley stood over by Darla and a few fans that were asking them questions about the coming baby, and what Wesley thought the prophecy concerning the miracle birth planned for next season meant.

"I'm not really sure. All I know is that it's supposed to but a strain in Percy's and Liam's already fragile friendship," Wesley smiled, as he kept an eye out for Spike.

Darla noticed how Wes had kept looking at the door, and how a worried look had come over his features. The first thing she noticed when she arrived was the fact that neither Spike, nor Angel, was present yet. The fact that Mr. Punctual Crawford was not present did not bode well at all.

"Oh my, I wonder what they have in mind," Yolanda said. "I hope they don't let any harm come to the baby, that would just be awful."

"I'm sure they won't hurt the baby," Darla winked. "But of course they haven't written the script for it yet, so feel free to go over to the writer's table and tell them what you think."

"Don't worry, we plan on it," Beatrice chuckled. "Power of the fans and all that jazz, you know."

"I will agree you the fans have more power then we the actors," Wesley nodded. His worry grew when he noticed his friend enter the room.

Darla noticed the look of worry become more intense, and looked over to see why. Seeing Spike's face and how he was presenting himself to the room, she knew that Angel's plan was truly in effect, and God help those close to Spike if no one stopped O'Connor's plan to ruin him.

Spike walked in and looked around, looking for those of his co-workers and friends he wanted to avoid. It had been a long time since he had drunk anything but his ale, and had not over indulged in the spirits since his break up with Dru.

This first shot of his old friend Jack had burned and almost made him cough, but the ones that followed were easier and easier each time after that. He had only drank four shots altogether, but was craving more, and planned to drink his fill after the mandatory functions tonight.

Giles noticed right away the change in his young friend when he walked into the room. He had not seen this side of Spike; the side that yelled rebel, punk, and don't mess with me- since his messy break up with Dru. He looked over and met Pryce's eyes and knew he was right; Spike was going to cause trouble if they did not find the fire and put it out.