Jenny looked at Willow with a shocked expression on her face. She had been worried when the young woman had come to see her, saying she needed to talk to her in private. Now she was glad she had decided to take that walk with her.

"Oh, my!" Jenny exclaimed, letting all that Willow had told her about Buffy and Spike sink in.

"I just thought you should know," Willow shrugged.

"Willow, I would like to talk to Buffy, if you think she'd listen to me that is?" Jenny looked at her new friend with a determined look on her face. "I think there has been a misunderstanding is all."

"I don't know, telling her his screen name is pretty, well, you know, not of the good with believing he was not, well you know," Willow tried to explain how she thought it was terrible that he'd introduced himself using his character's first name, William.

"Willow, the funny thing about this- and when it all gets straightened out it will be funny- his real name is William," Jenny sighed.

Willow's eyes grew big. "Really?"

"Yes, his real name is William Philip Crawford, so he did not lie to her about his name." Jenny looked determined as she continued, "There’s only been a few people he has ever given his real name to, so I would say he was not looking at playing any games with her."

"Oh, Jenny, you have to understand that Buffy has been hurt before," Willow tried to explain. "I had never seen her so interested in someone when she decided to tell me about him."

"Then we will have to see what we can do about this," Jenny winked, knowing she'd do everything she could to make this right for Spike, as well as Buffy. Her little voice kept telling her she needed to try and help the two people work out this dilemma.

*******

Buffy paced back and forth in what little space she had in her room, trying to figure out why she was feeling so hurt and betrayed. It wasn't like she was in a relationship with the stupid idiot. 'Where is his brain, thinking I wouldn't find out who he really was and I wouldn't find out he had a girlfriend?'

She started thinking about all the problems she had with men in her life, especially the ones she dated. First, her father up and left them. The reason of his leaving still hurt too much to even think about. He had tried to compensate his abandonment with money, and short social visits that never really lasted more than a couple of hours here and there. Before, all he gave her was a card and some money on occasions.

The first boy she had become interested in dated her and then left her for a man. The fact that Scott had not given her any reasons to think he was gay had left her devastated. They had fooled around, and he did seem interested in going all the way, even if Buffy wasn't ready. Then finding him in bed with Larry, and Scott telling her that Larry gave him what he needed when she couldn't, put a real dent in her confidence.

She had avoided dating until she was smooth talked into going out with Parker. He really knew what a woman, or girl, wanted to hear. He said everything that made her feel like she was special, that she was 'The One'. But, again, she found out he was a liar and a con artist who fooled women to believe his lines of seduction. If not for her seeing the red light of the camera, she'd just been another Parker internet-notch on his computer.

Buffy sat on the bed by the balcony door and stared out the glass. She went back to the first time she'd met William, or 'Spike', and remembered how he acted all shy like and seemed truly interested in her. 'He's better at feeding the stinky stuff than Parker.'

She then compared William to the Spike version she met in the hallway and wondered which one was an act. William seemed so sweet and caring. Spike seemed like he was full of himself. As if all he had to do was speak, and she'd believe anything he said, and all would be right with the world.

*******

Angel decided he'd make a late entrance and give the impression he was waylaid by a damsel in distress that he had to stay with, and offer comfort. He would make damn sure that Spike was around to hear how grateful that woman was. Even if all she had given was a polite 'thank you’, and proceed to practically shut the door in his face.

Her actions made it his mission now to get her in his bed. Ever since he found out about girls and sex, he'd never found one that refused him in any way. Buffy's blatant dismissal of him had never happened before in his life.

Spike had been able to keep his act together since he had come into the room, telling himself this was business, and you never mixed business with your personal life. He smiled and mingled with the fans, at the same time making sure he avoided any and all of his co-workers and friends.

Crawford knew the moment Angel had entered the room; just by how the young girls he was talking to reacted, all dreamy like and star struck. He forced himself not to look his way, not wanting to give the man the satisfaction he even cared the man lived, let alone had kept him from talking to Buffy.

Spike realized she must have seen the cast photo on the welcome sign that was now plastered in various places around the ship. They hadn't been there this morning. He had been too caught up on Sara and Allyson telling him and Wes what they liked most about their snorkeling adventure; he must have overlooked the one in the lobby. He found it when he'd come down to the little liquor store to purchase his smokes and Jack Daniels. What he could not figure out was how she found out about Harmony.

Wesley was standing next to Giles when Angel had come into the room, having just joined the man at the bar to get a refill on his drink. The first thing he noticed was the look of satisfaction on O'Connor's face. It caused the hair on the back of his neck to stand up, and the little voice inside his head told him that whatever was eating at Spike's soul, O'Connor was behind it.

"I have a suspicion that something serious has happened between Spike and Angel," Wesley whispered to Giles, happy that this was a limited special social hour with just a few of the conventions guests.

"I get the same feeling," Giles replied, and smiled at Beatrice who waved at him from over at the other end of the bar. "I notice that Spike has walked out on the balcony a few times."

"I think he went out to grab a smoke each time," Wesley sighed.

"When did he go back to that evilness?" Giles asked as he turned a concerned eye back toward the bleach-blonde male, who if his back got any straighter, you'd think he had a stick up his ass.

"He came back from his date with Buffy with this major bad attitude, and right off told me he didn't want to talk about it yet," Wesley again whispered, making sure no one was around listening to them.

"Buffy?" Giles asked, and then suddenly everything hit him that she was the girl that Spike and Wesley had been talking about on the plane. "Buffy? The same Buffy who is traveling with Willow?"

Wesley looked over at Giles and nodded. "One and the same."

"Oh, dear," Giles sighed, taking out his handkerchief and taking his glasses off to clean them. "The same girl you both were discussing on the plane?"

Wesley looked over at Giles with a look of shock on his face and sputtered, "Were you listening in on our conversation?"

"Sorry, but it was more interesting than the damn book I was reading, and it wasn't like I had the best traveling companion sitting beside me." Giles looked at his friend sheepishly.

Wesley looked over at the older man and tried to remember who had been beside Giles on the plane. "Oh, bugger."

"Angel!" They both said at the same time, looking at each other as it all started to make sense.

"I bet when I get that pigheaded blonde fool to tell me what happened, Angel will somehow be responsible," Wesley's voice became soft, but deadly. "So help me, if he does anything else to hurt Spike I will deal with him myself, and it won't be pretty."

Giles stepped back at the deep anger he felt coming from the usually easygoing young man. "I wouldn't tell anyone else, not sure who you can trust when it comes to Angel. Except maybe Xander and Anya."

"I agree, but I'm certain he is the one behind whatever is going on with Spike right now. He has been jealous of him since day one." Wesley again looked over at his friend and noticed the increased agitation in his body language since Angel's arrival.

"We have to be careful," Giles whispered, letting the younger man know he was not in this alone. "The last thing we need is to tip our hand and let the ponce know we are onto him."

"Are you sure you want to do this, Rupert?" Wesley asked, looking at the man with concern in his eyes. "You have a family to think of here."

"I can take care of myself." Rupert glared, and then snorted, "I have survived the likes of Angel for many years, as you can see I'm still standing."

"Just had to make sure, is all," Wesley smiled, and then quickly changed the subject when he noticed a couple of the fans coming toward them. "It will be wonderful to get back to work."

Giles taking the hint smiled and nodded his head. "Yes, I cannot wait to see what is in store for us this season."

The two men separated and started again to mingle with the few guests that had won the raffle for this hour of free time with the stars. Both of them kept a close eye on their friend and the other one they considered the enemy.

Darla found it hard to keep her mind on the conversation; she kept thinking how bad she felt about lying in the elevator. Yes, Harmony had called her at the hotel, sobbing that Spike had broken up with her, and asked her to help win him back. She had made no promises, silently thinking how great it was for Spike to be rid of the irritating woman.

She had to make a decision come Montego Bay, where her husband would be joining the cruise. If she decided to come clean on her part of helping Angel create problems for Spike, then she had better be prepared to have the affair she had with the married couple no longer a secret.

*******

Willow looked over at Jenny with a frightened look on her face. "I hope we’re doing the right thing."

"I know we are," Jenny smiled as she reached over and gave her friend's hand a gentle squeeze. "If she still feels he lied to her, then we let it go."

Willow nodded, took a deep breath, and opened their door. She hoped Buffy was there, and that she wouldn't kill her for going and talking to Jenny about this.

Buffy stopped her pacing when she heard the click of the key unlocking the door. "Willow, is that you?" she asked in case it was housekeeping, and was going to let them know that they were not needed.

"Yeah, it's me," Willow tried to force her voice to be calm as she walked in with Jenny behind her. "What happened?" She asked when she noticed how upset Buffy was.

Buffy tried to relax, not wanting to let Jenny in on the problem of Spike, since he worked with the woman's husband. "Nothing…not a thing…no wrong here."

Willow knew she was lying and suspected she had seen Spike and had words. "Did you see Spike?"

Buffy threw her friend a glare and nodded slightly toward Jenny, trying to let her know she didn't want to talk in present company. "Willow, are you here to get ready for dinner?"

Jenny knew then that Buffy had seen Spike and it must not have gone over well. "Buffy, can I talk to you privately for a moment?" Jenny asked. "If you don't, I’ll understand."

Buffy gave Willow a 'how dare you' look that made the redhead want to crawl into a hole and hide. "Sorry."

"Please just give me a moment of your time?" Jenny asked.

"If you are here to plead his case, don't bother," Buffy looked over at the woman with her arms across her chest, and a determined look on her face.

"I'm not here to plead his case. In fact if he knew I was here at all right now he'd kill me," Jenny snorted. "Spike is a private man that does not let many people know the real him."

Buffy rolled her eyes. "He could at least introduce himself by his real name."

"He did," Jenny smiled softly. "Only a handful of people know his first name is William. It surprised me that he introduced himself as William."

"But I read on the sign: Spike Crawford plays William The Bloody." Buffy looked closely to see if Jenny was lying to her.

"That was the funny part of him taking the part." Jenny pointed over to the bed and asked, "Can we sit down? I think we do need to talk."

Buffy eyed the woman with suspicion. "Why are you doing this?"

"That's a fair question," Jenny nodded as she assessed the situation, trying to see just how much information would be needed to make this girl give Spike another chance. "Let's just say I know how hard it is for an actor, or actress, to know if someone likes them as a person, or because they are famous. I have had people befriend me because of who my husband is, and I have had people judge me because of what my husband does."

Buffy nodded her understanding and decided she'd give her a chance and hear her out. "Okay, how about we have a seat and we talk."

"I think I will go now," Willow whispered in relief.

"Oh, no," Buffy snorted. "You go nowhere. Just have a seat with the rest of us."

"Okay," Willow bit her lip and sat on her bed with Jenny joining her, and Buffy sitting across from them on her bed.

"Tell me about how you and Spike met," Jenny inquired, and listened closely to Buffy's version of her story about running into William.

Jenny smiled as she heard the words being said, and could picture Spike feeling amazed at how someone was interested in him for once, and not who he was known for. Then when she talked more about how they met again on the ship, she knew that timing was the couple's enemy, not lies.

"Buffy, how do you know that he was not going to tell you everything on your date?" Jenny asked. "Spike is not stupid, he would have known you'd find out who he was, and he does not play games with people."

"What? Doesn't cheating on his girlfriend count?" Buffy stood up and stared down at the other woman.

"What girlfriend?" Jenny asked.

"Harmony," Buffy rolled her eyes. "Don't tell me he never told you about the girl he was seeing?"

"I know about Harmony, and I know that they are no longer together," Jenny raised her eyebrow at the younger woman glaring down are her. "You need to sit down and talk with Spike, before you let something that could be special, be lost forever."

"But Angel said-"

Buffy didn't get a chance to finish her sentence because Jenny interrupted her.

"What does Angel have to do with any of this?" Jenny glared. "Please do not tell me you believe anything that egotistical maniac has told you?"

Buffy looked shocked at Jenny's description of the man who'd stepped in to help her with Spike. "He was talking to another woman from the show about Spike, and she mentioned something about Harmony and Spike," Buffy shrugged. "Then he happened to be there when Spike tried to make me talk to him and he made Spike leave."

"OH GOD!" Jenny sighed as she put her hands up to her mouth. “That bastard! That lowdown, dirty little bastard."

Willow and Buffy looked shocked at the woman's words. "Excuse me?"

Jenny immediately regretted being so vocal. "Buffy, don't believe anything that comes out of Angel's mouth, and I find it hard to believe he was suddenly there on your floor to save you, per se, from Spike. His rooms are nowhere near here, and he'd have no reason, unless either he was following you, or was coming to visit someone he'd met on the cruise."

Buffy flopped back down on the bed and let what Jenny said play over and over in her head. She had never really taken the time to think about the coincidence of Angel being there, but now that she did think about it, why was he there?

"Do you think he was following me?" Buffy asked.

"I don't know, all I do know is that I don't trust him as far as I could throw him." Jenny looked the young woman and continued, "I would trust Spike with my life and the life of my family, and I hope you decide to give him a chance to explain."

"But he lied," Buffy bit her lip, feeling not as angry, but still hurt for some reason.

"I don't believe he intentionally lied to you, and in his eyes he would see it as he hadn't," Jenny tried to explain. "You had only met twice, and both times were accidental. I'm sure he didn't want to be the big movie star right off the bat; making you think he was trying to use that status to impress you. Instead, he probably wanted to enjoy the moment of just being Buffy and William, and ease you into knowing he was rich and famous, with girls offering him anything under the sun to be with him."

Buffy listened and started to see how everything Jenny was telling her could have been true, and that she had let her insecurities lead her to jump to conclusions. "Can you see how I felt about all of this?"

Jenny smiled as she moved to sit next to the young woman and pulled her into a tight hug, "I can see exactly where you are coming from, and I'm sure Spike will too, once you both talk this out."

"Do you think he’ll want to even speak to me after how I treated him?" Buffy sighed as she leaned her head on Jenny's shoulder and looked over at her friend’s encouraging smile.

"Oh, if I know Spike, he will be cocky at first, but will come to his senses and sit down and talk this out with you," Jenny giggled. "Just be honest with him, and in my heart I know he will be honest with you."