Sorry if some of you think I'm overdoing it...please realize we have covered three days of many different people....oh and the plot, I can't forget the plot....as complicated as it may seem. My intent is also to brng the cruise to life as they travel. Give some glimpse to the islands and the activities aboard the ship. Now on to the story.....enjoy


Buffy stood staring at the cabin door nibbling anxiously on her bottom lip. It felt like her heart was up in her throat. She continued to stare at the door, waiting for her hand to accept the command to knock. "Come on Buffy, you can do this," she mumbled to herself.

After getting dressed after coming from the pool, with Jenny telling her that the photo shoot would be over by noon, she had some time to think things over some more. During that time, she had come up with the idea she would be the one to approach William. In her mind, what better way of starting over and making amends than by offering the olive branch and asking for his forgiveness for over reacting the way she did.

Now all she had to do was lift her pitiful non-cooperating appendage and knock on his door. "Well here goes nothing, or everything," she said as she finally made her hand knock on the door.

*******

Spike stood staring at the door, wondering if he should rush right out and over to Buffy's room. Would it show her how weak he truly was, or how much power she had over him? Should he take his time, or would it matter one way or the other if he even set eyes on her again? Would it matter as much to her as it does to him?

He had picked out his outfit with care. He chose his favorite black jeans, with the midnight blue tee shirt. He was going for the casual look and not dressing to impress. He looked down at his hand, willing it to reach out and grab the doorknob as he mumbled. "Come on Spike, ole man, you can do this. You can face the girl and make everything right again."

He was about to reach over and open the door when the knock startled him. "Not, now," he growled as he pulled open the door.

"Buffy?" Spike whispered, as he stood in the doorway, shocked to find her here.

"Hello, William from London," Buffy said as she gave him a pretty smile, hoping he wouldn't shut the door in her face.

"I was just coming to find you," he returned her smile as he tilted his head to the side, feeling more hopeful seeing that she came knocking on his door first.

"Well, consider me found," she replied, hoping he'd invite her in.

"Yes, would you like to come in?" he asked, hoping she'd accept his invitation.

"I would love to," she answered, hoping this was a good sign that they would be able to work this out, giving that he was letting her come into his room.

Buffy entered the room and smiled at how similar it was to her and Willow's, except the color here was bluish green. She walked over toward the balcony opening the door and breathing in the ocean air. "William, I first want to apologize for my behavior," she said, having found the courage to apologize, and turned to face him.

"Buffy, you did nothing wrong, not really," Spike said, trying to relieve her of that responsibility. "I take complete blame." He moved closer toward her, stopping when he was about a foot away.

Buffy looked him in the eyes, surprised at first at how close he had gotten to her without her realizing he had in fact moved. "No, I should have given you the chance to explain. The only excuse I have to offer is I was hurt in the past and I let it impede my on judgment."

"I will accept your apology if you accept mine," Spike offered as a compromise. "I too have been hurt in the past and used because of my status."

Buffy smiled as she held out her hand. "Deal, let's shake on it."

Spike chuckled as he took her small hand into his. "It's done then."

"So, can a girl take a guy to lunch?" Buffy asked, as she reluctantly pulled her hand away from his.

Spike couldn't hold back his smile, any sign of his morning hangover, now gone. "Are you asking me on a date?" he asked, as he put his hands in his pockets and rocked nervously back and forth on the balls of his feet, feeling good that they were able to move forward.

Buffy's face took on a serious look as she pretended to ponder his question, before answering. "I guess I am. So, what's your answer?"

"Then, dear Buffy Anne Summers from Sunnydale, I'd be proud to be your date," Spike answered, as he held out his hand hoping she'd take the hint.

Buffy smiled as she placed her hand in his and let him lead her toward the door. She felt like she was back in high school and going out on her first date. She realized now she had done the right thing by coming to him and not waiting for him to come to her.

Spike stopped at the door and turned around pulling her closer as he asked her, "So, Pet, where are you takin' me?" He looked do cute with his head tilted to one side as he waited for her answer.

Buffy looked up at him and smiled. "How about somewhere we can be alone?"

Spike's face took on a 'yeah right' before he replied, "Not sure there's such a place here, Luv."

"Room service in my room," Buffy winked. "That way we can eat, talk, and relax."

Spike pulled his lower lip between his teeth, his eyes showing his excitement. "That's perfect. We can eat on the balcony and enjoy the sun and sea as we get to know each other better."

"I take it you like my idea?" Buffy asked.

"I love your plan," Spike replied as he turned around and opened the door never letting her hand go. "So, Red is having fun in the sun is she?"

"I'm sure she is doing something nice and fun," Buffy replied, hoping Willow was doing just that.

Spike smiled, feeling like was just handed the Publisher's Clearance House winning sweepstakes. The tape was not forgotten, but pushed far enough back he was not going to let it interfere in his happiness right now. He was going to take Giles' advice and not let Angel's jealous bullshit keep him from getting to know this woman better and living his life without letting anything stand in the way of his happiness.

*******

Willow laughed as she and Wesley talked about what shows they like and didn't like. It seemed their tastes ran the same, they both hated reality T.V. "I can't believe that people actually fall for some of the stuff they have on television these days."

Wesley nodded his head, enjoying her company more and more. "I have to agree, but then it will become old hat and they will move on to something new. It is the way of entertainment."

Willow agreed, "I want to be given something that makes me think, use my brain and yet tells me a story."

"Yes, that is what I like about acting, is being involved in telling the story," Wesley agreed, telling her a little bit more about himself.

"How did you know you wanted to be an actor?" Willow asked, sitting at the table with her chin propped up on her hand. She wanted to know everything she could possibly find out.

Wesley blushed. "I found out by accident when I was asked one day to help a friend so he could practice his lines, since his usual partner was ill with the flu."

"Was it Spike?" she asked.

"No, I didn't meet him until I decided to change my studies from law to performing arts," Wesley answered. "Once I read with Billy, he told me I was a natural and should try out for the part I had just read."

"Did you get the part?" Willow asked, excited she was getting to know so much about him.

"Yes, I was offered the part," Wesley frowned. "It changed my life, in more ways than one I might say."

Willow noticed the sadness that briefly flashed in his blue eyes. "Not all for the good?" she asked, hoping he wouldn't stop telling her about himself.

Wesley looked up and noticed the look of compassion, not pity on her face. He still could not believe he had confided so much so soon to her. All he could think was maybe she was a witch and had placed a spell on him, making him defenseless against her.

"Well, you have to understand that my career change interfered in my father's plans for my future. He thought it below our station to be an actor, that it was an irresponsible career with no future, not a lifestyle to raise his grandchildren around either," Wesley explained. "So, he tried to blackmail me with the threat of disowning me to bring me back into the box he had created for me."

"Oh! Goodness! Please tell me he didn't disown you?" Willow hoped and prayed his parent had not been so evil to do such a thing to his own flesh and blood.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, but yes, he did," Wesley sighed, wishing this conversation had never started. It brought up bad memories and opened a few old wounds as well. "You see my father is a very proud man, and his pride would never let him admit he was wrong, even if he thought he was. He made me an example so my brothers would not follow in my footsteps and defy him."

"So, he disowned you, your name is never to be mentioned, and you are not allowed to step foot on the family estate ever again?" Willow asked finding it hard to believe someone would turn their back on their child like that. "What about your mother, and the rest of your family?"

"Yes, he did, and as for the rest of my family, they fell into line just as he knew they would," Wesley smiled sadly. "But enough about me tell me something about you." Willow blushed as she took a sip of her drink. She contemplated what to say then saved when he asked her, "What do you do for a living?"

"I'm currently teaching preschool age children, until something at the elementary school opens up," Willow answered, smiling as she thought about the kids. "I would love to teach second or third graders."

"Are you limited to just working in Sunnydale or if something was offered elsewhere would you take it?" Wesley asked, wondering if something or someone kept her tied to her hometown.

"I think I'd be too scared to at the moment, this is the first time I’ve been out of Sunnydale," she answered quickly. "But I'm sure if the right reason came up I'd find a way to make myself move."

"Yes, you would be amazed at what you might find out about the world and yourself by leaving home." Wesley gave her a reassuring smile. "Are you seeing anyone back home?"

Willow blushed. "No, no one at the moment. Me and my boyfriend recently decided to see other people."

Wesley reached over and patted her hand trying to offer her some form of comfort. "I take it that it was a mutual decision, then."

Willow nodded her head yes, and then turned the question around on him. "So, are you dating anyone?"

Wesley chuckled to himself, thinking about the last date he had a few months back. Something his agent had arranged. His agent had set him up on a blind date with another up and coming actress, who was looking to get noticed. The night was a disaster, and he threatened to fire him the next time he even suggested another fiasco like that again.

"No, not dating anyone at the moment," Wesley answered. "I'm going to go out on a limb here. I find that I'm attracted to you and would like to take this time to get to know more about you." Willow's look of surprise was only second to his own. He had even surprised himself that he had come right out and told her how he felt. "I hope I have not frightened you off?"

Willow recovered quickly responding with a shake of her head before saying, "No, you didn't. Surprised me, yes…big time, but in a good way."

"Really, in a good way, you say?" Wesley's grin light up his face.

"Very much in a good way, cause I feel the same way too, and it has nothing to do with your being an actor or famous kind of thing, honest," Willow rambled until he gently placed his finger across her lips.

"Never for a minute would I believe your interest in me has anything to do with what I do, but for who I am," Wesley reassured her.

Willow nodded her head and sighed when he removed his finger and placed his hand over hers. "How about we go on an adventure?"

"I like adventures," she replied.

"Let's explore this ship from top and bottom and see what it has to offer to entertain us," Wesley said, squeezing her hand gently.

"Okay, exploring it is then," Willow answered, feeling like she was being offered a chance in a lifetime, by allowing herself to be with this man.

Wesley led her by the hand and they walked out of the dinning area, smiling as if they had not a care in the world. Willow hoped that everything was working out for Buffy with Spike. She noticed a few glares from a few of the passengers directed her way, but refused to let it interfere in having a good time with Wesley.

*******

Once they had made it to Buffy's room, they had ordered their food. They found it was too windy on the balcony and had moved their picnic on the floor just inside. They were still able to see the sky and feel the breeze as they sat next to each other, sampling each other's food.

Buffy laughed as he continued to tell her some of the funny things he had done to earn a living, before he became finally started getting steady acting work. "I'm serious, Pet. They really wanted to pinch my nose off."

"Well, kids, clowns, big red noses," Buffy giggled. "What else is it there for? Was it one of those that made the funny honking sound?"

"Right, but remember underneath lies the real thing mind you, and no it didn't make any sounds," Spike snorted, enjoying the fact he was making her laugh.

"God, it sounds like you enjoyed the kids," she said, thinking he would make a wonderful dad someday. She refused to let her problem get her down.

"Yeah, it was good to make them laugh," he sighed as he leaned back against the bed, facing the balcony door. "How about you, Buffy, do you want children someday?"

Buffy closed her eyes, trying to will herself to remain calm. She knew it would have come out eventually, so now was a good as time as any. "I would love to have some kids running around someday. I’ll just have to adopt or find a man that has a few of his own already."

Spike was speechless and embarrassed. "I'm sorry, Pet, I'm a real insensitive ponce."

Buffy was quick to reassure him, "No, how were you supposed to know? If having children is important to you then maybe it's for the best you found out now and not later."

Spike realized then she was thinking he wouldn’t want to be with her because of her inability to have children. "Buffy, I don't care if you can have babies or not. There are other alternatives these days. I want someone I can talk to, relax and be myself with. Someone I would enjoy growing old with and share my life with, that's what I want. Children, hell, there are so many out there looking for someone to love them and take them in. I don't think that would be a problem for us, do you?"

Buffy felt the tears fighting to break free. "So, you still want to get to know me?"

"I was going to come and look you up after the cruise, what do you think?" Spike snorted, before leaning over and kissing her cheek. "I like what I see, and I like how you make me feel. I want to know everything I can about you Buffy Anne Summers."

Buffy leaned her head against his shoulder, feeling warm and protected when he wrapped his arm around her. "I like what I see too, and I like how you make me feel, and I too want to know everything I can about you William Spike Crawford."

"Well, then let me begin," Spike offered. "I was born September 30th, 1975. Yes, I will soon be twenty-eigh years of age. They placed me in an orphanage in merry London at birth, where they raised me until I graduated from my studies, or as you Americans call it, high school. I found work so I could go to acting school, which we will not discuss at the present time mind you. I assure you it all was on the up and up, no illegal activity to come and bite me in the arse. I met Wesley while I was studying my art, and we became best friends. He persuaded me to come to the states and audition for the part of William the Bloody and here I am. I have made several bad choices in women, until now, thank you very much. I carry a few emotional scars, and one, no two of them was brought to my attention just not too long ago."

"You never met your parents?" Buffy asked, as she lifted her hand up and cupped his cheek. "Well, I have to say- their loss."

Spike closed his eyes as he leaned into her touch. "Maybe not, if I had known them I might not be here today."

Buffy leaned up and gently kissed his lips briefly. "Then it would have been my loss, and that would have been a shame."

"Yes, Luv, that it would." He leaned in and kissed her mouth, giving her time to accept him as he gently placed his tongue against her lips, seeking entrance.

Buffy sighed as she let him deepen the kiss running her fingers through his hair before using her hand to pull his head closer. She knew they were moving too fast, but hadn't crossed any line just yet.

Spike knew he would have to stop soon, the last thing he wanted to do was scare her away by pushing for too much too soon. He pulled back and nibbled on her bottom lip before moving his lips up to kiss the tip of her nose and then forehead.

"I could spend a live time kissing you just like this," he whispered, as he guided her head back to lie against his shoulder. "Never has anyone touched me the way you do."

Buffy smiled as she snuggled against him, as she replied, "I have another secret to tell."

"Well tell away. All of your secrets are safe with me," Spike promised, as he kissed her on the top of her head.

"God, you are going to think I'm weird, I just know it," Buffy whispered, hoping he wouldn't think she was some freak.

"Tell me. I promise I won't think of you as anything other than Buffy." Spike leaned back, placing his finger under her chin and tilting her face up so he could see her face. "Give me an example of normal, and I will show you just how not normal it is. I'm a firm believer that normal is a myth that we all try to find and lose ourselves searching for it."

"I have never been with a man sexually before," Buffy blurted out, feeling her face flush.

Spike blinked a few times, taking in what she was telling him. "Well, that, my dear, is not weird, but rare. Tell me how a beauty such as yourself was saved from the hormonal pull of the school jock and university studs?"

"Well, I guess it's my turn," Buffy sighed as she lifted up her hand and took his from under her chin. She maneuvered their hands to where their fingers intertwined and laid on Spike's chest. She then reclaimed her place on his shoulder as she prepared to tell him about the life of Buffy.

"I was born to Hank and Joyce Summers on January 17, 1978, in the lovely city of Los Angeles. Yes, I'm twenty-six years old. We moved to lovely Sunnydale when I was fifteen, buy the time I was sixteen, my father had left us for a younger woman with, who was pregnant with his child. I Met Willow the first day of high school and we have been bestest friends ever since. I worked hard and was able to finish my bachelor in pre law, but the death of my mother prevented me from going on to law school. I have plans to finish and currently work as a paralegal at a law firm back home. I also work part-time as a bartender at a dance club called the Bronze, to try and help save up. I have two younger brothers and two younger sisters, and my father is still with the woman he left me and my mother for. I have not seen them since I was eighteen years old and I have not talked to my father since I graduated from college. I dated twice in my life, one broke up with me because he realized he was gay, and the other, I found out, was after me so he could tape us having sex and put it over the internet." Buffy leaned up and looked at his shocked face, wondering what he was going to say.

"Sorry to hear about you da, Pet, and I would have loved to have met your mum," Spike said as he traced her face with his finger. "I think your father is a fool. The boy couldn't help he didn't like girls, can't say I'm not happy about it, because I'm rather glad. The other wanker, well let's just say he doesn't count. He gives men a bad name."

"Yeah, he does, but I now have you to make me forget all that," Buffy smiled. "Okay, I think we’ve had enough share time. How about we go and explore this ship from stern to whatever and see what we can find to entertain ourselves."

"I like that plan, Pet. I have to say you do a great job at planning things," Spike replied as he leaned his forehead against hers. "I promise not to go too fast. We’ll go at your speed, luv."

Buffy gave him a quick kiss on the lips before she stood up and offered him her hand. "Come on, William. I want to spend as much time with you as I can before you have to work."

"It's not really work, luv," Spike smiled, liking it that she called him William. "It's giving back to the people who made it possible for me to play this character that I really enjoy playing."

"I guess I’ll have to see about spending time at Willow's so I can get a look at this character," Buffy said. "I have to say the photo has you looking all sexy and bad boy like. Is this William the Bloody a sexy bad boy?"

Spike had to laugh before he could answer her. "God, Buffy, he is a mixture of many things, and in his past he was one bad ass vampire until he earned his soul. Now he’s all over the place in his emotions still dealing with the guilt of what he done, and the demon still wanting him to forget the soul and revert to his evil ways."

"Hmmm, sounds enticing. I just might have to break down and watch TV once a week," Buffy sighed playfully.

"I could get you the DVD's if you want, the first two season are already out," Spike offered as a joke.

"But, then I'd have to buy one of those players to play them on," Buffy pouted.

"Buffy, what do you own in the way of entertainment equipment?" Spike asked.

"I have a TV and a VCR that belonged to my mom," Buffy answered.

"Cable, by any chance?" Spike asked, wondering just how far behind in the dark ages of modern entertainment she was.

"Nope, none, nada," Buffy laughed at the shocked look on his face. "I guess I could be enticed to add it, if I was given a good reason to do so. Then, again, I'd need someone very much in the know to help me out."

"Well, Luv, I know just the right man for the job," Spike replied as he wagged his eyebrows giving her a heated look.

"Okay, but only if he is handsome and good with his hands," Buffy laughed when she noticed the big smile that appeared on his face.

"Oh, I can vouch for his hands, Pet. And he knows his way around the equipment to make sure you get everything you need,” Spike replied as winked. "Now, off to explore what this ship has to offer."

Neither of them noticed they had a shadow when they left Buffy's room. Lorne followed at a respectable distance, feeling like he'd been punched in the stomach. Cordy was right, this man was as much a swinger as he was straight, no chance of it. He could feel the attraction between the couple. Someone was going to pay for playing with his emotions this way. If Cordy had not opened his eyes when she had, he would have embarrassed himself and Spike Crawford as well.

*******