Spike hummed as he waited for Buffy to show up. The cocktail party had gone smoothly. Everyone present had been very respectful. He had avoided Angel like the plague, keeping close to his friends at all times.

Dinner had been great- the lobster was perfect, and the company entertaining. One of the girls at the table was going to sing at the contest tonight. Her shyness had intrigued him, and her soft stutter made him pray she would not embarrass herself.

"Penny for your thoughts."

Spike turned and addressed the intruder of his thoughts, "I don't mean to be rude, but could you please find someone else to bother."

"Nope, I want you, blondie, and I always get what I want," Faith purred, as she stepped closer, making him step back away from her.

"Pick up the dictionary, you crazy bint, you seem to have difficulty with the meaning of that one-syllable word. Only two letters, so you shouldn't have any problem spelling it. N. O. Spells no."

"No one ever tells me no," Faith smiled, seductively as she started to step forward.

"There's a first time everything, and today seems to be your day."

Faith turned toward the female voice interrupting her play for boy wonder here. "Excuse me, we're talking here."

"One problem with that is I don't want you talking to him, let alone sharing air with him," Buffy replied, as she stood with her arms across her chest and a determined look on her face. "And I think he told you somewhat politely to mosey along. So make like a tree and leave."

"You aren't woman enough for a man like him. I know girls like you, all kiss and no follow through. Try and nab the man with the promise of something after the ring," Faith snorted. "Me? I know what a man wants, and I'm not afraid to give it."

Before Spike could shoot the girl down, Buffy's sarcastic reply made him smile, "Yeah, but some men don't want what other men have sampled, and you seem like the sampler kind of girl to me."

"Bitch!" Faith growled, as she stepped toward the petite blonde woman.

Spike reacted quickly by stepping around Faith and placing himself between the brunette woman and his girl. "You need to leave me alone. I'm not interested in someone else's leavings. If you approach me again I will take it up with the convention people and the ship's security. Now leave and don't bother me or my girl here again."

"Your loss." Faith snorted as she walked away.

"No loss there," he replied as he turned toward his girl and smiled. "Missed you."

Buffy returned the smile as she replied, "Missed you too."

"After the contest, can I take you dancing?"

"Sounds like a plan."

"Then let's go find the others," he said, making her heart flutter when he put his arm around her shoulder as they walked together.

"Will, do you get a lot of women like her accosting you like that?" Buffy asked, hoping she didn't make him mad or uncomfortable with her question.

"Never, quite that bold. She's been the exception to a few things so far this week. She's the kind of fan that gives fans a bad name," he answered truthfully. "Don't pay her a bit of mind, Pet."

"I have more questions, but now is not the time for them."

Spike pulled her close, leaning down and kissing the top of her head before saying, "You can ask me anything you wish. I’ll tell you anything you want to know."

"Same here," she sighed as she leaned against him as they continued to walk.

"Maybe we can go swimming again instead of dancing? You can ask me anything you want while we relax together," Spike suggested.

Buffy nodded her head yes, saying, "I would love that."

"Then it's settled." He grinned, leading her into the elevator.

*******

Wesley waited at the door of the Skywalkers Night Club, where they were holding the karaoke contest tonight. He was early, wanting to be there when Willow arrived. Feeling nervous, he placed his hands in his front pants pockets, as he nodded to the fans who greeted him as they passed.

He noticed her right away, admiring her tight fitting black pants with the emerald green halter. She wore her hair in a loose bun, showing off her elegant neck, which adorned a modest little gold locket in the shape of a heart. She looked lovely and he couldn't wait to have her enter the club on his arm.

Willow felt nervous, wondering if she overdressed. The look on his face told her no, the moment their eyes met. He looked handsome in his dark pants and midnight blue button-up shirt. It really brought out the blue in his eyes.

"Hi!"

"Hello, you look fantastic," he whispered as he gently kissed her lips.

"Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself," she replied, feeling her face grown warm, knowing she was blushing.

"What would you like to do after the contest?" he asked as he slipped his arm around her and guided her in to the club.

"Go somewhere we can just sit and talk some more, maybe go dancing," she offered, as she let her arm wrap around his waist.

"I have to confess I'm not a very good dancer," he chuckled.

"Even slow dancing?" she asked with a teasing grin.

"Could be, I just needed the right partner," he shrugged, knowing he'd dance with her anytime she asked.

"We can test that theory later," she replied, as they joined the others at the bar.

"Hey, Percy!" Spike greeted his best friend. "Ready to play judge and jury?"

"I, for one, should not have been given this task. My musical talents are in the area of buying other people's products I enjoy listening too," Wes sighed.

"Stick with Giles, he won't lead you astray," Spike teased.

"Yes, he can sing," Wesley agreed.

"Dance too, and look good in women's unmentionables," Spike chuckled. "He does a great Frankie, and wears his fishnet stockings with flair."

"Are you talking about my husband, Spike?" Jenny asked.

"Anyone else here fit the bill of man in heels and boa?" Spike winked, watching as Jenny tried not to laugh.

"May I get everyone something to drink?" Giles calmly asked, trying to change the subject. Some of the fans had approached him earlier asking if he'd sing 'Time Warp', for them.

Everyone gave the bartender their drink orders, when Willow asked, "What does everyone have planned for tomorrow?"

"We have free day tomorrow and I plan on spending the entire time with my family." Giles winked at his wife. He looked over to see the girls close to where they had the karaoke machine set up.

"Maybe the four of us could go sightseeing, if you'd be interested?" Wesley asked the others.

"Sounds great to me, what about you two?" Willow turned to Spike and Buffy.

Buffy nodded her head yes, and then Spike turned and answered, "We're in."

"Great, how about we meet for breakfast at seven?" Willow suggested. "I would love to snorkel at some point. I hear it's great in Cozumel."

"I can for a short period, as long as I don't really expose myself to the sun too much," Spike reminded them of his one limitation.

"We could go first thing in the morning before it gets to hot," Buffy offered.

"We are taking the girls to swim with the dolphins," Jenny added.

"Oh, too rich for us," Willow sighed.

"I always wanted to swim with Flipper." Buffy smiled, wishing they could do that, but agreed with Willow, it was too expensive for them.

"Consider it done, we will join you if you don't mind," Spike asked, knowing he would make this trip as enjoyable for Buffy as he could.

"Spike, I can't afford it," Buffy tried to explain.

"Baby, I can't do it, but I can live vicariously through you," Spike winked. "I'll be the video man."

"Neither can I," Willow explained.

"Please let us do this for both of you," Wesley pleaded.

Jenny could see both women about to object when she suggested, "How about they split the cost with you?"

Willow and Buffy looked at each other and then back at their dates. Both realized, Jenny had given them a way to compromise and make everyone happy.

"Okay!" They both said at the same time.

"Great that's settled then." Spike chuckled, giving Jenny a wink and a smile of gratitude.

"Excuse the interruption, but I was wondering if I can have the judges come with me," Cordy said, hoping to get the contest started on time.

"Onward with the both of you, make us proud," Spike teased.

"Right, then, lead the way," Giles answered, giving his wife a warm kiss before leaving.

"Wish me luck," Wesley sighed, as he leaned in to kiss Willow's cheek.

"Good luck," Willow giggled.

*******

Robert approached Angel's room with a feeling of anger and dread. Quentin had promised he'd do what he could to control his client, but it would be difficult being thousands of miles away.

Silver knocked on the door, prepared for the confrontation ahead. He knew it mostly likely was going to get ugly. But, he had to do something, for he knew Colin Masters was a man of his word. He would take Angel down in a heartbeat, and right now that wouldn't be good for business.

Angel answered the door, wondering who'd be paying him a visit. "Hey, Robert. Was just getting ready to leave for the contest."

Robert knew it was a lie, but decided not to call the man on it. "Angel, do you have a minute, I have something I want to run past you."

"Sure, come on in," Angel smiled, thinking it was a friendly visit, maybe to talk about the new contract.

Robert entered, hoping they'd have a nice polite conversation, warning the bastard to stop causing trouble. He knew it was wishful thinking, but a man could dream. He just wish there was someone he'd trust to have come with him, since he was uncomfortable meeting with the jackass by himself.

"Angel, we need to talk."

"I'm all ears."

"I know what you've been doing the last couple of days to Spike. I'm here to ask you to stop."

Angel pretended to be surprised, but his anger was real as he replied, "Excuse me? What is that weasel saying I'm supposed to have done to him?"

"He's not the one complaining," Robert answered, knowing now he'd have to step carefully around the man.

"I haven't done anything to Spike," Angel lied.

"Please, don't treat me like I'm stupid," Robert confronted him. "Do you really think I'm so oblivious to what goes on around me? I have two perfectly working eyes, and they've seen a lot in the years I've lived. So don't try and play me, it won't work."

"Fine, believe what you want to believe," Angel growled.

"I will."

"So what's next?" Angel asked, wondering if Spike had shown their boss the tape.

"I don't know all the particulars, and will leave the matter be for now, if you promise to leave Spike and the others alone," Robert offered. "But if you don't, then it will be me you are dealing with, and it won't be pretty. I've already put a call to Quent, and he's fully aware."

"Fine! I will leave him alone, and I expect an apology when you find out I've done nothing wrong," Angel replied, knowing he must not have been shown the tape or Robert would've had said something about it.

"If I find that I'm wrong, and we both know I won't, and then I will apologize," Robert countered, sorry now that he'd not been firmer with the man over the years.

"Well if that is all, I need to make an appearance at the contest," Angel said, using it as an excuse to have Silver leave his room.

"Just keep in mind what we've discussed," Robert reminded him, before walking toward the door. "I'm not dumb Angel and I find it very insulting you seem to think I am."

Angel fumed as he watched the other man open the door and leave. He vowed he'd find out who went crying to Robert and they would pay. The last place he wanted to be was in a room with whoever the coward was, but he'd said he was making an appearance, and so he shall.

*******

Spike swayed to the music with his girl in his arms. So far, he felt sorry for the judges, since everyone was very talented and it was going to be difficult to chose a winner. He noticed the next contestant up was the young woman from his dinner table, Tara McCay.

"She was at my table tonight, sweet girl," Spike whispered in Buffy's ear. "Shy bird with a touch of a stutter when she talks."

The young woman stood feeling nervous as she closed her eyes waiting for her intro. The words she knew by heart having sung the song with her mother growing up.

“Desmond has a barrow in the market place
Molly is the singer in a band
Desmond says to Molly – girl I like your face
And Molly says this as she takes him by the hand.

Obladi oblada life goes on the bra
Lala how the life goes on
Obladi oblada life goes on the bra
Lala how the life goes on

Desmond takes a trolly to the jeweler's stores
Buys a twenty carat golden ring
Takes it back to Molly waiting at the door
And as he gives it to her she begins to sing

Obladi oblada life goes on the bra
Lala how the life goes on
Obladi oblada life goes on the bra
Lala how the life goes on

In a couple of years they have built
A homes sweet home
With a couple of kids running in the yard
Of Desmond and Molly Jones
Happy ever after in the market place
Desmond lets the children lend a hand
Molly stays at home and does her pretty face
And in the evening she's a singer with the band


Obladi oblada life goes on the bra
Lala how the life goes on
Obladi oblada life goes on the bra
Lala how the life goes on

And if you want some fun – take Obladiblada.”

Spike watched Tara's transformation with awe. She went from the shy young girl to a confident musically talented woman before his eyes. He knew she could go places with that voice, and wondered if Giles and Wesley thought the same.

"Earth to William," Buffy said, before shaking him to get his attention, feeling jealous at the attention he was giving the woman who'd just finished singing.

Spike shook himself back to awareness as he smiled down at his girl. "Sorry, Kitten, just lost myself in the music."

"Music or the girl?" she asked, feeling insecure about his feelings concerning her.

Spike noticed Buffy was jealous and it made him smile as he leaned down to whisper, "There is only one woman for me, and that's you. She just took me by surprise at the change in her. I will have to introduce you, so you see what I mean. She's good, the best performer so far."

"I'm sorry I doubted you."

"Don't be, baby. We’re still learning about each other," Spike reassured her, leaning his forehead against hers. "Care to go for that swim now?"

"I would love to."

"Then let's tell Red and Jenny we're going and head out."

"Spike?"

"Yeah, baby."

"I love you."

"Let's get out of here, sweet Buffy, so I can kiss you right and proper," Spike purred as he guided her over toward Willow and Jenny so they could say their goodnights.

*******

Colin sat back and watched Angel lurking in the dark corner, watching Spike and Buffy. He felt a chill shoot up his spine, noticing how O'Conner continued to stare at the couple, ignoring everything going on around him.

His instinct told him Robert had had his talk with the spoiled brat. It pissed him off that the arrogant asshole sulking in the corner, was ruining the cruise for him. The last thing he wanted was worrying about what the bastard was going to do next. He knew he promised Silver he wouldn't take matters in his own hands just yet. It bothered him terribly that he might not be able to keep that promise.

Masters watched as Spike led Buffy out of the club, laughing and flirting. When he turned back to where Angel had been, the man was no longer there. Looking around the club, O'Conner was no longer in sight. He stood, cursing under his breath, to go and make sure he wasn't following Crawford and his woman. Darla was acting as one of the judges, so he knew she was safe.

*******

"This feels so nice," Buffy sighed as she settled between his legs, with her back against his chest as they sat on the steps leading down into the pool.

"Yeah, it does," Spike agreed, enjoying their time together. The dark of night, giving them a false sense of privacy.

"I wish we could do this every night."

The water felt just right as it softly lapped around them, her voice soft and relaxed.

"We can, all we have to do is build us an indoor heated pool," he suggested, smiling to himself as his girl snuggled closer.

"Hmm, would cost too much money."

"We might find a house with one already built in," he teased, having met the first woman who worried about how much something cost, not relating the price with status, but because it was the sensible thing.

"Again, too much money."

Spike chuckled. "Then we can find a place with a nice big hot tub."

"Okay, sounds good, I can live with that," Buffy giggled, enjoying how easy it was to flirt with him.

"So, ask me anything," Spike offered, deciding to take the bull by the horns and get it over with, so they could enjoy the rest of their time together.

Buffy tensed up, wondering how to ask what she wanted to ask. "I'm afraid you might think I’m being silly."

"Before you, I only loved two women, and they both used me. Dru, my ex, cheated on me with Angel. She ended up pregnant, not knowing who the father was. Tried to pass it off as mine…that is- until Angel threatened her with the part in the series. She had the abortion, letting me believe I was the baby's father, only to catch her and Angel in the act, in our bed," Spike decided to tell her everything.

"That bitch!" Buffy practically yelled. "How dare she, oh, I hope I never meet her in person. I will scratch her eyes out, pull her hair until she screams, and break her nose."

"I feel better now, knowing you'll protect me," Spike tried not to laugh.

"And Harmony?" she asked, wanting to know if he still harbored any feeling for his recent ex-girlfriend.

"Not one of the two. She was my first serious relationship after Dru. And what I mean by serious, she was the one that happened to be around when I sobered up, and stopped messing around with one-night-stands. Also, made it believable when I didn't want other women's attention. My first love, and heartbreak, belongs to a bint named Cecily." Spike felt the need to tell her everything, keeping no secrets.

"So, Angel's been trying to hurt you for a very long time?" Buffy asked, as her hands entwined with his as they treaded through the water.

"I never thought about it until now. I just thought that he wanted Dru, never thinking it was about me. Well, not until the fucking tape that is." Spike closed his eyes, waiting for her to ask.

"What tape?"

"The one someone left in my room a few nights ago," Spike answered, his voice sounding sad.

"What was on it?"

"Angel not only slept with Dru, but with Harmony," he explained, cringing at the thought of a copy of that tape getting out.

"That bastard! So he was playing with me, to get back at you?" Buffy's voice was furious.

"Yeah, it would seem." Spike then continued, "There was talk about my not being man enough and a few other derogatory statements about me said.

"I should have pushed him overboard the other day when he came on to me," Buffy fumed, realizing too late, she let the cat out of the bad, and not the way she had wanted. "I just might if he gets in my path again."

"Came on to you?" Spike asked, wondering if she was talking about the other day in the hallway, or since then.

"It was one of the things I was going to tell you," her voice squeaked a bit, causing him to become suspicious.

"What?" Spike let go of her hands and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer to him.

"He made a pass at me and I blew him off and he didn't like it the other day. A member of the ship's crew was there, and nothing bad happened." Buffy turned in the water, coming to kneel before him. "William, you have to talk to someone about Angel, he's starting to scare me."

"I know baby, and I will, I promise. Let me talk it over with Wesley and Giles, first. See if they have an idea how to do this without anyone getting hurt. Baby, you should have told me sooner." Spike sounded upset, she could feel his body tensing.

"I'm sorry, but like you said, we are both learning. I'm used to taking care of myself, but I will be more careful and tell you when things happen in the future, sooner," Buffy reminded him, as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"It would kill me if anything happened to you because of me," he stressed.

"Same here. Please talk to someone concerning Angel," she begged.

"I will, I promise," Spike said as he gently captured her lips with his.

"Oh, better and better," she sighed as she broke the kiss, smiling.

"Buffy, do you have any plans for tomorrow night?"

"No," she answered noticing he was looking rather nervous. "Why?"

"I was wondering if we could do something special."

"What would you like to do?" she asked.

"A surprise, so I can't really tell you," he looked sheepishly at her as he answered.

"Is it of the good surprise kind?" she teased.

"It's of the best kind, honest," Spike chuckled as he used his finger to cross his heart. "Cross my heart, baby."

"Okay, pick me up after dinner, then?" she asked as she leaned down and kissed the area of his chest that housed his heart. "I trust your heart."

"It's a date," Spike answered as he stood, helping her up with him. "I think it's time to get you home, Cinderella."

"Oh, I love it when you get all royal on me, my Prince," she said, as he sat her on her feet, before leading her out of the pool.

*******

Colin noticed Angel was about to follow the blonde couple dressed in their swimwear. Thinking quickly he called hurried to intercept. The last thing he wanted was the bastard spying on them.

"Angel, might I have a moment of you time?" Colin said, loud enough that only O'Conner heard him.

Angel felt a rush of anger course through his body, hearing Darla's husband call his name. At first he figured Darla had not told her other half of their association, since the man had not confronted him. But now he was suspicious, since Colin never would seek him out in the past.

"Masters, what can I do for you?" Angel asked as he turned with a deceiving smile on his face.

"Was wondering if I could have a moment of you time and discuss a business proposition," Colin lied, knowing he'd never hire or recommend this man to any one.

"Business, sounds interesting." Angel kept calm, cursing the man's timing. He wanted to follow Spike and Buffy and see if he could get some answers.

"I have a client that is looking for a spokesperson and he listed you as a few on his top list," Colin fabricated easily, since he knew he was about to play a master of deception.

"I have competition? Should I even be interested?" Angle snorted.

"Well, come on, man. We both know you can't put your money all on one person, with things that can happen. You never know if you'd be available, or it's something that's not your cup of tea," Colin explained, reminding himself to call Luke and fill him in on the lies he'd need the man to say, if need be.

"True, so is this something we need to discuss now?" Angel tried to politely change the discussion to another time.

"Not sure if we'd get another chance, with working around your schedule and time I'd like to spend with my wife. But I understand," Colin sighed. "I know Luke has feelers out with wanting to gear the commercial around whoever it is that he hires."

"Then let's go have a drink and talk about it," Angel answered, knowing it would be something good for his career if the product was popular.

"Great, let's go some where it's quieter, so we can really talk," Colin said, hoping he'd be able to keep his true feelings about the man to himself, for now.

Angel nodded, realizing Darla's sin he'd be able to use against her later on down the road. Not realizing the man beside him was thinking of recruiting the others aid in keeping him as for away from Spike and Buffy as he could.

*******