Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry, just too long to post all at once....chapter 31 will be posted tomorrow
Willow watched with an understanding expression as Buffy kept trying on different outfits. She remembered the night she went through the same thing with Oz. Suddenly she smiled and walked over to pull out the dress she knew would be just right for her friend.

"Buffy, what do you think about this one?" Willow asked as she held out a dress of her that she thought Buffy would look great in.

Buffy fell in love with the dress on first sight as she said, "It's perfect."

"Then try it on and see how it fits,” Willow replied, seeing the excited look on her friend's face.

Buffy took the delicate looking dress and help it up against her as she sighed, "It's absolutely gorgeous, and it feels so soft, like silk."

"Go put it on," Willow encouraged, excited to see how she looked in the dress.

"Be right back."

*******

Spike stood at the railing of the balcony looking out over the calm sea. He knew he'd had to leave soon, to attend the cocktail party and then dinner with more of the fans. He looked down at both small black velvet boxes with sense of excitement and fear.

"Interesting little something you have there."

"Yeah, Percy they are," Spike said with a whimsical smile as he continued to contemplate which box he should give Buffy first.

"Anything you should be telling me?" Wesley teased.

"I'm afraid the honeymoon is over, handsome," Spike sighed, not wanting to tell his friend too much. "I really can't tell you more, just wouldn't be nice to tell you first."

"I understand. I hope you still write."

"Maybe, I might even call, you never know." Spike chuckled. "I won't be coming home tonight, so you have the place to yourself."

"Thanks for the warning, it will save me from waiting up for you," Wesley joked. "I think we should be going, or we're going to be late."

"I sometimes wish I had a standard old job, with normal hours," Spike said aloud, more like a wishful thought than anything else.

"Then you'd never have met Buffy," Wesley reminded him.

"I have to believe we still would've met somehow, somewhere," Spike vowed, knowing in his heart there was no one else for him but her.

"I guess we won't have to find that out, now will we." Wesley winked, knowing he was seeing the romantic William coming out. Someone he'd not seen since Cecily had broken William's heart years ago.

"No, I guess we won't," Spike agreed, a happy little grin on his face, reminding Wesley of a little boy about to find out what he got from Father Christmas.

Wesley nodded his head yes, as he said, "I guess the sooner we leave, the sooner we can get this over with and rejoin our ladies."

"I like your plan, old boy," Spike replied all prim and proper, making Wesley roll his eyes and turn to follow the man back into the cabin.

*******

Angel sat with his head in his hands, feeling like his world was spiraling out of control. He couldn't look at the pictures one more time or he'd puke his guts out. The instructions in the letter that accompanied the very graphic pictures were explicit, he had to pay one million dollars to get the negatives and prevent them from being published on the internet.

"He had to have help, there was no way he could've have done this alone," Angel muttered as he rocked back and forth on the side of the bed.

When he got back to his room he'd found the plain yellow envelope on his bed. He couldn't help but wonder if this was what Spike had felt, if he actually did find the video tape left in his room. Once he'd seen the first picture of him and another man naked in compromising position on the bed, he had dropped them on the bed. They scattered about facing up giving him a birds-eye view of what it was he didn't remember about last night.

"How did Spike find out about Rack?" Angel asked, wondering how the two happened to hook up. "I know Rack's involved and I know that bastard Crawford somehow is involved."

He needed to talk to Quentin; he'd know what to do and how to handle this. The only question he had was how could he possibly talk to his agent and keep this confidential, not trusting someone not hearing them talk. When he was done, cleaning this mess up, he'd make sure the two men involved would pay dearly for doing this to him. The urge to find Crawford, and grab him by the throat and choke him until he was dead was fighting to do just that.

"You both are going to wish you were never born, when I'm done with the little bastards." Angel fumed, as he picked up the pictures and began tearing them into little pieces.

*******

Spike stood waiting for his girl to arrive. He tried not to think about how Angel would occasionally glare at him with such hatred it caused a chill to run down his spine. Trying to think of what he could've done to push Peaches so close to the edge he didn't see Buffy's approach at first.

Looking up he noticed his golden angel walking toward him, her beauty taking his breathe away. There she was dressed in a white silk creation made just for her. The dress hugged her body like a second skin. A sweetheart neckline with a fitted bodice, then the skirt flared out with a fishtail hem coming just below mid calf.

"Effulgent," he sighed, loving how her hair was down in soft curls.

"I take it, you like?" she asked, feeling a thrill run through her as he gazed at her in awe.

"I love what I see." He grinned as he leaned down and softly kissed her lips. "You look lovely tonight, my sweet Buffy Summers, from Sunnydale."

Buffy giggled as she said, "Thank you, my William Crawford, from London."

"Are you ready for a night that will go down in history as the best night of our lives?" he asked as he gently placed her arm through his.

"I thinking more like it will be the first of many best of times for us," Buffy answered as she let him start to lead her away.

"I like the sound of that," he said with a little boy smile on his face as he led her into the elevator.

Spike pulled the blindfold out of his pocket, once the doors to the elevator shut, with them all alone. He wanted her to be surprised, so he asked, "Can you wear this until we get to where we have to be?"

Buffy looked at the piece of silk and then back at Spike. "Is this really important to you?"

"Yes, it's part of the romantic theme I'm going for," he teased, waiting to see if she let him put it on her.

"Okay," she simply said as she turned her back to him so he could put it on her.

He gently placed the soft cloth over her eyes and just tied it tight enough it wouldn't fall down. She heard the ding of the elevator knowing this was their floor.

"Handle with care, I fall easily," she warned him.

"Never let anything happen to you, baby," he reassured her as he gently placed her arm on his so he could lead her out of the elevator.

"I know, that's why I trust you with my body, my heart, and my soul," she said with conviction, truly believing he wouldn't let anything happen to her.

"As I trust you with mine, baby."

Spike led her to the door, blindfolded with care. Just in a matter of days, she had come to mean the world to him. He prayed he was not about to scare her away with what he was about to do.

"Will?"

"Yeah, baby."

"Are we there yet?" she asked, since they came to a stop.

"Just have to open the door, Luv," he replied softly, having to pull himself away from watching the expression of curiosity on her face.

"Oh."

"Remember, Buffy we only go as far as you want to go tonight," he was quick to assure her.

"I believe you, just feeling funny with not being about to see is all," she explained, with a soft smile on her face.

"Comes off soon, I promise," he reassured her.

She heard the click, signaling the unlocking of the door. Her heart felt like it was fluttering, like butterfly wings, in her chest. She followed where he led, never once feeling fear of what he might do. Just nervous with the not knowing where she was going. Her mother teased her many times, saying she was too impatient for her own good.

His breath was warm against her ear when he asked, "Are you ready to see one of the surprises I have for you?"

"More than ready," she said, her smile reminding him of Sara and Ally's at Christmas.

"Then here you go, my love," he whispered before he brushed his lips against her neck, as he gently removed the blindfold.

Buffy had anticipated her eyes needing to acclimate to the light, but found it to be unnecessary. Before her, was the most romantic setting she could have ever have imagined. The room was subtly lit with glass-covered candles, like on their dinner table, scattered about the room.

On the small table sat a vase of a dozen roses, the fragrance filled the room. A bucket of ice, with a bottle of what appeared to be champagne inside being chilled, sat on the same table as the flowers. Next to the bucket sat two flute glasses, and on the other side of the bucket lay several bowls. One had strawberries inside, the others had whipped cream and chocolate sauce.

"I saved dessert for now," he purred, gazing at her, as if he wished to feast on her.

Buffy turned to look at him, noticing the intensity in his eyes, directed at her. "Oh!" was all she could say, realizing he was talking about her.

"Buffy, when we leave this room, there will be no going back," he promised, as he leaned down to nibble at her lower lip. "This night is about us, about how much we love each other."

"Hmmm, I like your plan so far," she sighed, before she deepened the kiss. Tonight she would give herself to this man, mind, body and soul.

Spike moaned, hearing her whimper when he gently broke the kiss. The last thing he wanted was for things to go too fast. He needed to give her something, a token of his love for her, before making her his.

"Careful, my love. Don't want to rush this for you, or me." He chuckled as he led her to the table with his body guiding hers. "I love you so much, Kitten."

"I love you, too," she replied as she totally gave control over to him for the night.

She watched as he put a strawberry in one of the glasses and then poured champagne over it. Instead of picking up the glass, he picked up another strawberry dipping it in the whipped cream. Bringing it slowly toward her, he then dabbed her nose, chin, lips, before putting it all in his mouth.

She watched as he devoured the strawberry and then leaned in to lick the cream off her face. Never had something felt so sexy, making places tingle she never knew she had. When he kissed her, she could taste the combination of strawberry and cream.

"Hmmm, tastes so good," she moaned when they came up for air.

"Your turn." He winked.

Buffy smiled as she reached over and dipped her strawberry in the chocolate sauce. The urge to throw the piece of fruit away and just pull him over to the bed almost won out. Then she remembered she was letting him run the show tonight.

Spike watched as her eyes heated up with desire and lust. Never had he enjoyed himself as much as he was right now. He was going to do everything in his power to make this a night his girl would never forget.

Buffy felt confident as she took the chocolate dipped strawberry and smudged the creamy confection on her lips and then on each side of her neck. Hearing his gasp, and feeling him pull her closer, made her aware, he was enjoying her actions.

"Oh, baby, that's hot," she heard him whisper.

"Anything here you'd like to taste?" she asked as she held out the strawberry for him to eat.

All she heard was the soft growl before his tongue and lips started on her neck, moving up to her lips. She found it hard to hold onto the piece of fruit as his tongue mated with hers. She moaned when his lips started to wander down her chin, over the area exposed on her chest, and slipping his tongue down between her breasts.

"Let's make love," she whimpered, feeling her need for him spiral out of control. "Please, William, make love to me."

He kissed the tops of her breasts before bringing the strawberry in her hand over toward his mouth. Right before taking it in his mouth he said, "That's what we're doin', Pet."

She felt the touch of his lips as they skimmed her fingers, taking the strawberry in his mouth. He pulled her fingers back to his mouth as he first licked and then sucked her fingers clean, causing her nipples to grow harder, and the warmth between her legs to grow.

"Buffy, I have something I want you to have, before we go any further. Something that will remind you, when we are apart that I'm yours," he said as his put his hand in his pocket, removing a black velvet box. "I don't want to rush you, so I thought this would be a great way to ease you into how much I want you in my life."

Buffy watched as he opened the box, feeling overwhelmed he might be asking her to marry him. The thought scared her, she didn't think she was ready to promise marriage, even if he was the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.

"I know neither of us is ready to talk marriage, but I do want you to know it's you and only you I want in my life."

She stood stunned, staring down at the ring before her, it was simple and yet beautiful. A thin gold band with four greenish stones embedded side by side in the ring, with barely any space between them. She noticed something inscribed on the inside band.

"I promise," she read aloud the words inscribed along the inside of the ring.

Spike sighed as he continued, "It's not an engagement ring, but what I consider a promise ring."

"Promise ring?"

"By me giving you this ring, I promise to forsake all others. I will devote myself to seeing where this relationship goes. By you accepting this ring, you promise to do likewise."

Buffy found it hard not to cry as she offered him her left hand. "I promise."

He found himself feeling like a teenager giving his sweetheart his class ring, as he placed the ring on her left ring finger. "Perfect fit."

"How did you know my ring size?"

He sheepishly smiled, as he reached back into his pocket and pulled out her mother's ring. "I was a bad rude man and borrowed this one.

Buffy let him put her mother's ring back on her finger before launching herself into his arms giggling, "You had my ring all along, you are a bad rude man." Knowing he had meant no harm.

"I'm sorry, baby, it was the only way I could get your ring size and keep it a surprise. I didn't know it was that important or I would have thought of another way. But once I started, I couldn't go back. I wanted this to be special, it's not everyday a man asks a woman for her promise, a gives his in return."

"So you didn't tell anyone?"

"Nope, I know I can keep a secret," he teased.

"So we are a promised couple now."

"I'm promised to you and you're promised to me."

"Then all is forgiven and I love my surprise," she whispered, reaching up kissing him sweetly, letting him pull her deeper into the intimate contact.

"God, woman, what you do to me!" he moaned as they both broke the kiss to breathe.

"William, tell me what I can do to please you," Buffy offered, wanting to give something back.

He suddenly smiled, hoping she'd agree. "Buffy, would you strip for me? Let me watch you undress and entice me. Seduce me with the beauty that is you." Wanting to take his time, and make sure, she was ready for him.

"I don't know if I can do it," she whispered, shocked at his question, and excited at the same time.

"I promise to encourage you every step of the way," he said as he cocked his head to the side and curled his tongue behind his teeth.

"I can try. It might take me a while."

"I can wait."

"Okay, but you'd better not laugh, Mister."

"Oh, I can say I won't be laughing, and if so, not in a bad way." He smirked, as his hands drifted down and gave a little squeeze to her lovely little bottom, before stepping away. "More than anything I will have to keep myself from ravishing your luscious little body."

She watched as he sat down beside the table, taking the glass of now strawberry flavored champagne, in his hand. Noticing the radio, on the bedside table, she walked over turning it on, searching for a station that was playing what she needed.

After finding the sensuous music she was looking for, she returned to stand in front of him. She noticed he'd filled the second glass, just like the first. His eyes spoke to her, giving her encouragement as her hips began to sway to the music. She teased him as she slid the hem of her dress up and down her thighs as she let her body move to the music.

Spike's cock felt as if it was going to bust out of his pants. Watching as she teased him with a peek at her panties. In a blink of an eye, the sweet little piece of white silk again hidden under the dress. It left a hunger deep in his gut, wanting to see the dress come off.

"Leave the shoes and sexy little undies until last, baby." His voice raspy, his desire for this woman, unlike any he'd ever felt before.

Buffy felt a little uneasy, it must have showed, when Spike softly said, "Buffy, this is nothing to be afraid of or embarrassed about. What goes on between couples is between them. This is a part of making love, my idea of foreplay. Your body for me is like a work of art, so beautiful and you're unwrapping it for me. Your clothes are the wrapping paper, and what's hidden underneath is my prize. I love you, remember that."

"I know you do, but I've never really been naked in front of a man before."

Spike relaxed back against the chair, lifting his hand and crooking his finger at her. "Come here, baby."

Buffy walked slowly toward him, hoping she hadn't disappointed him. The last thing she wanted to do was ruin their night. Spike read her facial expression like a book and reassured her, "We've only just begun, Kitten, we have all night, and I'm in no rush."

"Are you reading my mind?"

"No, baby, never would want to go into the mind of a woman," he teased. "Turn around."

She did as he said, feeling the goose bumps all over as his hands slip up her legs lifting her dress as he said, "Now sit on my lap."

His hands guided her hips just where he wanted her to sit. Placing her covered sex over his, moving his hands up toward the zipper of her dress. "You know you wanna dance," he purred.