Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay, RL sucks, LOL
Spike wore his sunglasses as he followed his girl into the grocery store. He noticed the looks he was getting and couldn't help wondering about Buffy's reaction to people coming up to ask for his autograph or other fan related things. It was inevitable someone would approach him. He prayed that they would be as respectful as the fans were on the cruise.

Smiling to himself, he watched her pick out the shopping cart, occasionally looking back at him with a lovely smile. He moved to catch up with her as he carefully took control of the buggy.

"You know where you want to go, so lead the way," he leaned down and whispered in her ear, before softly kissing her cheek.

"Do you have any favorite foods?" She asked, as she let him take control of the cart without a fuss.

"Nothing I can enjoy right now."

Buffy at first was confused, and then blushed as she realized what he was implying, "You are evil, Mr. Crawford."

"Nope, just addicted to you."

Buffy made sure there was no one close by who could hear her when she replied, "I'll be sure to feed your addiction when we get home."

Spike gently bit his lip to keep from replying, when he noticed a teenage girl approaching them. It was about to happen and he hoped the girl wasn't a fanatic, but a fan.

"Excuse me, but I have to ask. Are you The Spike Crawford?"

"Not The Spike Crawford, just Spike," he replied with a soft smile, as he pulled his girl close to him. "This is my girlfriend, Buffy. And you are?"

"Dawn, Dawn Lockey."

"Hello Dawn, and what can I do for you?"

"Can I, please, have your autograph? God, Janice is so not going to believe this. I told her she should've come with me today, but no, she wanted to stay home and watch her soap opera."

"Do you have something for me to sign?"

Buffy noticed the girl's facial expression change from ecstatic to crestfallen in a matter of seconds. Then she realized Dawn didn't have anything for William to sign. She felt sorry for her, knowing how embarrassing this must be.

"Do you live close by?" Spike asked.

"Yes."

"Then if you promise not to tell the world I'm here, run home and get something for me to sign and come back," he offered.

"I won't tell anyone until later. I promise."

"Then be careful and we should be here a bit doing some shopping." Maybe they would have enough time get what they needed before she returned.

"Man, you are so cool." Cross my heart, I won't tell a soul." Dawn said, making an X across her chest with her index finger.

Buffy watched as Dawn left, wondering if this would be the only person to approach them today. It didn't really bother her that William was popular, but then this was the first fan she'd met since leaving the cruise. She was sure not all of them were as nice and polite, but she would deal with them when she had to.

"Come on, Pet. Something tells me we'll need to get some shopping under our belt before someone else recognizes me."

Buffy leaned in closer and said, "It's fine, really. You see I know who you really belong to."

"I'm all yours, baby," he said with a promise in his voice that made her heart melt.

"So, let's start in the fresh foods."

"Lead the way, your buggy man is here to service your every need."

"That is not a visual I wanted. It brings a visual of something with wings and too many eyes."

"Buffy, is that you?"

Spike heard the male voice and fought the jealousy that was starting to bubble up. He saw the tall man with blue eyes, with brownish blonde hair coming toward them. The way Buffy was smiling at the man, he was someone she knew and liked. He tried not to think about how much she might like him.

"Riley, how are you?"

"I'm fine. How did you like your cruise?"

"I loved it. How are Sam and little Kate?"

"Samantha is doing great, and Kate is growing so big. It feels like just yesterday she was just a newborn. It's hard to believe she's seven months old now."

"Riley, this is William, my boyfriend."

"Good to meet you, William," Riley paused, studying William. "You look familiar? Have we met before?"

"No, I don't think we have."

"Wait- the accent. You're Spike Crawford. My wife loves your show." Riley said, and then he asked, "How did you and Buffy meet?"

"On the cruise," Buffy answered, not liking how Riley started to look suspicious and getting all nosey all of a sudden.

Spike could feel the tension once Buffy's friend recognized him. He could see his girl was rather defensive all of a sudden, and then it hit him. This Riley bloke was about to get all protective, and it was going to make Buffy upset. Spike decided to nip things in the bud before the situation got out of hand.

"Buffy is very special to me." Spike jumped in to say, "I'm not out to use her if that's what you're thinking."

"It's just you hear so much about the Hollywood scene, it gives a person a reason to be concerned." Riley replied remembering how his wife and her friends talked about the wild life Spike Crawford lived.

"Not all you read is true, or it has been blown a bit out of proportion," Spike suggested.

"Anyhow, we need to finish our shopping. Willow and Wes will be by soon." Buffy offered as a easy way to get away from the elevating testosterone level going on between the two men. "Tell your Mom I said hi, and your Dad that I'll see him tomorrow."

"I'll do that, and you take care of yourself," Riley said while looking at Spike.

"Don't worry about her mate. I take care of what's mine."

Buffy grit her teeth to keep from confronting Will on his behavior. In a way she found it funny that instead of her being the jealous girlfriend, he turned out to be the jealous boyfriend. She'd have to have talk with him later on his caveman attitude toward her.

Spike knew he was in trouble once he noticed how rigid and still Buffy's shoulder was as she walked away. He followed her as she headed toward one of the aisles not even looking to see if he was following her. Going over what he could've done it hit him, it was not what he did as much as what he implied.

"I'm in trouble, aren't I?" He asked.

"I think what I have to say can wait until we get home."

The fact she said home and we made him relax and know he didn't have to worry about getting kicked out just yet. He realized he just acted like a jealous arse, and he would have to make it up to her when they got home. Even if it meant sitting back and letting her give him a good tongue-lashing. He knew he deserved it. For now he would help her shop and do whatever he could to let her know he was sorry for being such a jerk.

*******

Willow sighed as the car came to a stop in her parents' driveway.

"Are you nervous?" Wes asked, sensing her anxiety along with his own.

Wesley hadn't been this nervous since he went on his first date. It had been so embarrassing how his father had interrogated the poor young girl with both of them only being sixteen.

"It's funny really. I left here a week ago and this was my home." Willow began but couldn't finish.

"Yes-" Wesley replied, encouraging with his eyes and taking her hand in his for her to continue.

Willow glanced over at her fiancé and said shyly, "But now its my parents' house."

"I know how you feel. My house is no longer just mine, but ours."

"Be prepared, my mother will be the hardest to convince."

"Not your father?"

"Nope! My mom runs the house. Madame President Rosenberg."

"Well, I will do my best to pass muster." Wesley replied as he gave her a reassuring grin.

"You do that buster," Willow said, trying not to giggle, as they exited the car.

*******
Sheila Rosenberg stood at the side of the living room window looking out. Something told her this man was going to take her little girl away from Sunnydale.

"Ira, I think we should prepare ourselves that Willow will be leaving Sunnydale."

"Sheila, honestly, she just met the man."

She watched the handsome man slip his arm protectively around her daughter and knew what their future held.

"I just know, Ira."

Ira Rosenberg glanced over at his wife and knew better than to argue. Sometimes he wondered if the woman was a bit psychic or something. Or was she just having a one of those mother's knows moments.

Mrs. Rosenberg hurried over to join her husband on the couch. The last thing she wanted was for the couple to catch her spying on them. For some reason this made her think of her own mother and smiled at the memory.

Ira shook his head and bit back his smile when their daughter entered the room. Thinking it would be a good thing he never bet against his wife. He could see the glow on his little girl's face and knew she was in love for real this time.

Willow's parents noticed how she glowed. Both knew it was because of the man beside her, looking as much in love as their daughter. Since neither practiced their faith religiously, it wouldn't matter if the young man wasn't of the Jewish persuasion.

Mr. and Mrs. Rosenberg stood up at the same time as their daughter on her young man's arm came forward. Sheila recognized him, and for the first time second-guessed her feelings this man was right for her daughter.

"Mom, Dad, this is Wesley Pryce."

"It's an honor to meet the both of you." Wesley said as he stepped forward and offered his hand in greeting.

"It's wonderful to meet you, Wesley." Sheila replied, "Please call us by our first names. I'm Sheila."

"And I'm Ira, Wes. You don't mind if I call you Wes, do you?"

"Not at all, Ira. And thank you for having me." Wesley replied as he returned to Willow's side.

Willow watched in shock as her parents welcomed Wesley with such warmth. This was not what how she expected them to react. It was so different then when she finally introduced them to Oz.

"Come sit down." Ira offered. "Care for something to drink?"

"Whatever you have would be nice." Wesley replied as he let Willow direct him over toward the loveseat, located adjacent to the couch.

"By your accent I'd say you're British." Ira stated as Sheila offered, "I have some Earl Grey in the cupboard if you care for some."

"That would be lovely, but you don't have to go to all that trouble. A soft drink or even water would be okay." Wesley suggested.

"Oh, it won't be a bother at all." Sheila told him as she stood to go to the kitchen and said, "Please, make yourself at home."

"Here, honey, let me give you a hand." Ira offered, wanting to have a private word with his wife.

Willow waited until her parents where gone before she whispered, "Wes, I'm worried aliens have come and taken over my parents bodies."

"Why do you say that?"

"They're acting strange." She answered with a worried expression.

Wesley tried not to laugh, but couldn't help it and got a smack on the arm for it. Leaning forward he kissed her lips and murmured he was sorry before deepening the kiss. He wanted to believe her parents were accepting of him because they could see how much he loved their daughter.

Willow was the first to pull back, not knowing how the reaction would be if her parents caught them kissing. For some reason she felt like a teenager all over again.

"I think they just might like you."

"I know I love their daughter."

"I should call Buffy and see when a good time would be to bring over the pizza." Willow suggested.

"You do that while I sit here and await the aliens return."

Willow shot him a playful glare as she stood up to use the phone. She was sure her parents were in the kitchen talking strategy, but what kind she had no clue. Soon, they would show their hand, and she prayed they weren't trying to plan how to break her and Wesley apart.

*******

Ethan sat in his car a few houses up from Buffy's home. The shades were up in the windows, telling him she returned home at some point. The temptation to go and look in one of the windows to see if she was alone was getting harder to ignore. He sat fighting the need to see her, knowing it was not a good time. The sun was still up, and there was too much activity on the street.

Starting his car, he made it a point to return and check on her later once the area had quieted down. Tomorrow wouldn't be soon enough to see her lovely face. One day she'd be his, and then and only then would he be content.

*******

Spike was trying his best not to get pissed with how Buffy was acting. The more he tried to talk to her, the more she pulled away. He truly couldn't think of what he'd done that was so bad she was ignoring him this way.

"Are you still mad at me?" He asked.

"Not now, okay?" She asked, not wanting to get into the problem she was having with him while in public.

"Fine, Luv. If this is how you want to play it." He whispered in her ear before picking up the cereal he wanted.

"Don't you blame this on me, mister." She whirled around and hissed. "If you don't mind, I'd like to wait until we got home to talk about it."

"At your command."

"Don't do this, Will, not here, not like this."

"I'm sorry, Buffy. I'm just not good at not knowing. I don't want to do anything to lose you."

She could see his insecurity and it hit her, his jealousy was not directly because of her, but from his past hurts and the betrayals done to him. That he wasn't reacting to her, but because of his fears of losing her.

"We will talk and work it out. I'm not going to let you get away from me so easily." She assured him, taking her hand and cupping his cheek. "I've got plans for you, William."

The wide smile that brightened his face told her she'd done the right thing. They both would have to work on their insecurities, and with the love they shared it could and would be taken care of.

"I'm sorry for being an arse back there." He apologized.

"I'm sorry for maybe taking it the wrong way." She compromised, knowing he had his reasons for being cave man Spike and with time, she might be able to cure him of some of it.

"Is there anything else you need, Luv?"

She scanned over the buggy contents making a mental note of what she had, and what she still needed. There was nothing left she needed that she couldn't get another day.

"Nope, nothing I need today. How about you, any thing else you need?"

"Nothing, we can't get later on."

"Good, I say we check out and go home."

Buffy noticed how he smiled after she said, 'and go home'. She realized he must have never really had a home, since he grew up in the orphanage. It would be her job then to make him feel like he belonged with her.

"You go and get in line, there's something I wanna pick up." Spike suggested, when he realized there was something he wanted after all.

"Okay, I'll meet you at the checkout." She replied, with a suspicious glance before leaving.

Spike watched her walk away with, literally entranced with the sway of her hips. In the week he'd met her, she'd become his world. He realized the other women in his life since Buffy never really owned his heart and soul. Miss Summers was so deep inside him, he was drowning in her. Even Dru's, and just the thought of her sent a creepy sensation over him, betrayal seemed not as painful, as it would be if he lost Buffy.

With all that in mind, he shook the black thoughts and ill feelings and moved on to get what he wanted. He was sure his girl was going to enjoy it as much, if not more, then him. Just thinking of what he was planning started him hoping Wes and Red wouldn't be planning on staying long.

*******
Buffy heard her cell and wondered who was calling as she pulled it out of her purse. She smiled when she saw it was Willow and then felt a little worried. Buffy knew that Willow was worried how her parents where going to react to meeting Wes, let alone take the news they were getting married.

"Hey, Wills. How's everything?" Buffy answered, hoping it was good news.

"Have you noticed anyone acting strange in Sunnydale?" Willow asked.

"How do you mean?"

"I think aliens have come and taken over my parents' bodies."

"Why would you think that?" Buffy asked, while trying not to laugh.

"They're being way to nice and haven't started the fifty questions yet. My mother is making tea for Wesley as we speak."

"Oh! I see." Buffy replied, "Have you told them about Saturday yet?"

"No, and I'm even more worried. What do I do if they are happy and accepting of the fact I'm getting married after knowing my groom only eight days?"

"Sorry, I don't know the answer to that one."

"What help are you? All you've done is ask more questions and apologize." Willow teased, "The real reason I'm calling is to see what time we should come over with pizza?"

"We're just about to check out, and I still have to unpack. So, why not come over in a couple hours."

"We're going to stop at Joss's Pizza Palace, anything special you want?"

"Nope, just no little fishes and no olives, and I'll be a happy pizza girl."

"Gotcha covered. Well, I'd better get back before the parents get back and turn my boyfriend into a pod person."

Buffy laughed as she said, "Think positive, could be they can see how happy he makes you and know he's the best thing for you."

"How's shopping with Spike."

"Never a dull moment." Buffy replied.

"Oh, something wrong?"

"Not really, at least not since I've had time to think it out. We'll talk about it later."

"You're okay, right?"

Buffy took a moment to think about it and said while smiling contently, "I'm perfectly fine."

"Then, later it is then," Willow replied. "Call me if you need me."

"Will do, and you do the same."

Buffy put her phone away and noticed the young girl from before. The girl was looking around as if she was trying to find someone and Buffy realized she was looking for William. She pointed her buggy toward her seeing the distress on her face.

"Dawn, right?" Buffy asked.

"Yes, you remembered."

"William will be here shortly. Did you bring something for him to sign?"

Dawn nodded as she pulled out a publicity photo of Will in costume. He looked hot in the black leather and very tight black tee shirt underneath. His hair was more a white color then the blond it was now.

"I hope you don't mind."

"Nope, don't mind as long as he doesn't. He seems happy to do it so don't worry." Buffy replied, seeing the hesitant look on Dawn's face.

"I almost didn't come back."

"I'm glad you did, Pet." Spike said as he joined the girls, placing the two cans of whip cream in the buggy. "I don't mind taking care of my fans, especially when they are as nice about it as you."

Buffy was preoccupied with the blushing teenager she didn't see the addition to their cart. She watched as William took the offered picture and sharpie and asked the girl a few more questions. The way he handled Dawn in such a gentle way made her realize what a special man he really was.

"You personalized it, man, that is just way too cool." Buffy heard Dawn say.

"It was a pleasure meeting you, Dawn." Spike replied, "You take care and stay in school."

Buffy watched as Dawn walked out of the store with a huge smile. Turning around she noticed William staring back with a look of awe on his face. The urge to touch him was strong as Buffy walked up to him and lifted her hand to cup his cheek.

"Never change being you."

"Can't do that, Luv. I need to control that jealous streak of mine."

"I think time will fix that problem for both of us." Buffy assured him, "Now, let's go home."

"Yeah, let's go home." He whispered before leaning down, softly kissing her lips.

*******