Chapter 10

Buffy pulled back reluctantly and started toward the house. She looked back over her shoulder at the blond vampire and asked, “Are you coming in?”

Looking at Dawn’s still-frightened face, he nodded his head and jumped up onto the porch.

“Yeah, I’ll come in for awhile. Make sure you two are all tucked in and the house is all locked up before I—“

“I meant, are you staying tonight?”

She looked him right in the eye and waited for his reaction. He just stared at her for several seconds, stunned that she would ask that in front of Dawn and wondering desperately if he had misunderstood her. When he saw the big grin on Dawn’s face, he relaxed and moved toward Buffy, tilting his head to one side as he studied her face.

“If that’s what you want, Buffy. You know I will. I’ll stay as long as you need me to.”

“Could be a long time,” she said, stepping closer to him, her eyes still challenging him.

“I got time.” He met her look for look. “I’m not goin’ anywhere.”

When she flinched at that, he thought back to what the men she’d had in her short life had done to her, and he followed her through the door to tip her chin up to look at him again.

“I’m not going anywhere, Buffy. I promise you. I will be here as long as you want or need me. You or the Nibblet. Or your mum, for that matter. Won’t leave you. Thought you might have figured that out by now,” he finished softly as he pulled her into his arms.

With a small sigh, the Slayer allowed herself to be held and cherished while her younger, but wise beyond her years, sister tiptoed up stairs and locked herself in her bedroom for the night.

For once Buffy was able to enjoy the way their bodies seemed to fit together without feeling pangs of disloyalty toward Angel or Riley. She tilted her face up toward him only to find his lips already on the way toward hers. At first the gentle, tender pressure was just what she wanted, but as they stood there, bodies touching and mouths silently promising a new relationship between them, Buffy could feel the warmth the vampire always generated in her spreading throughout her body.

As her heart rate increased and her breathing became more noticeable, Spike’s own body reacted to her as it always did with his borrowed blood rushing to the rapidly hardening object pressed against Buffy’s stomach. He remembered his promise to her not to push for a repeat of their mutual pleasuring until she had nothing else to worry about and he tried to rein in the desire that flooded his body.

When Buffy shifted her body slightly he caught a whiff of arousal from her and knew he could no longer pretend he was in control of himself. With a groan, he lightly touched her lips with his tongue, running it around the outside of her mouth until her teeth parted and her own warm one came out to play. Once again the vampire’s skillful kisses had Buffy melting against his body as her legs lost all ability to hold her up.

With her arms around his neck, and her fingers running through the soft hairs at the back of his neck, Buffy gave in to the sensations his hands were creating as he moved them around her body. Using one arm to hold her to him tightly, Spike allowed his other hand to roam up and down her back, sliding under her shirt to feel her heated skin and causing her to shiver. He reached down and cupped the cheeks of her ass, grinding their pelvises together in an attempt to find relief for the throbbing in his cock.

Buffy was no longer willing or able to deny how badly she wanted to feel his naked body pressed to hers. When his free hand slid around to gently cup a lace-covered breast, she moaned and arched into his hand as she wrapped one leg around his, pressing her warm, damp crotch into his thigh. As she began rubbing her heated sex against his leg, Spike broke the kiss to growl into her neck, “Bloody hell, love, I know I promised, but you’re killlin’ me here. Got to touch you, Buffy. Got to taste you again. Please, love. Just let me—“

Her response was to push him into the living room and onto the couch. He blinked up at her in surprise, not sure if she was rejecting him or not. One look at her lust filled green eyes and the pink tongue licking her lips and he relaxed back onto the cushions.

(Baby wants to play, then. I can do that.)

Buffy looked at the lean, black-clad body sprawled in front of her and spoke her thoughts out loud.

“Too many clothes!” she blurted.

“Wha-?”

She blushed furiously, but didn’t back down now that she’d said it.

“You have too many clothes on. Take them off. Now.”

She knew she sounded more like Sergeant Buffy than a woman in the throes of passion, but Spike didn’t seem to care. He just smirked up at her and began to slowly pull his tee shirt off over his head. As he did, his biceps flexed and his stomach was pulled in, allowing a brief glimpse of a line of soft, dark blond curls disappearing into the waistband of his jeans.

Buffy’s eyes were going back and forth from his muscular arms, to his flat stomach and up to his now-exposed chest. As soon as he had dropped his shirt on the floor, Spike’s hands went to the button on his jeans and Buffy’s eyes were immediately riveted on their slow progress in unbuttoning his pants and lowering the zipper. She gave an unconscious whimper when he stopped unzipping and leaned forward to take off his boots.

With her view now blocked, Buffy came somewhat to her senses and she reached for the curtains, pulling them closed against any eyes that might be spying on the Slayer’s house. She also turned off the lamp in the living room so that the only light was coming from the hallway and the kitchen.

A sound from the couch brought her attention back to the vampire just in time to watch him slowly pushing his pants down over his hips and thighs. She gasped unintentionally when his erect cock was freed to bob against his stomach.

(Woo, hoo! I almost forgot how big that thing is!)

She gulped audibly and swallowed hard, lifting her eyes quickly to his face only to see him looking at her with great amusement. She blushed again when he stood up to let his jeans drop to the floor and said, “See anything you like, love?”

He ran his hands down his body from his chest to his groin, then raised his arms over his head in a stretch that flexed every muscle he had. Buffy knew he was teasing her, laughing at the combination of embarrassment and lust he could read on her face.

(All right, Fang face, two can play at this game. Let’s see what it takes to make you start begging again).

With a sultry smile that she hoped disguised her nervous thoughts, she softly ordered him, “Lie back down on the couch, Spike.” The sight of his pale, lean body stretched out on the sofa almost made her forget her plan when her hands stretched, seemingly of their own accord, toward that exposed smooth skin.

With a little mental shake, Buffy reminded herself of what she wanted to do to him. She was helped by the cocky expression on his face as he watched her snatch her hands back from their attempt to touch him.

Instead of joining him on the sofa as he clearly expected, she stepped back and gave her own lengthy stretch, accompanied by small sounds of pleasure as she worked her muscles. She tried not to grin as she noticed Spike’s cocky look being replaced by puzzled lustfulness.

She slowly pulled her tank top off over her head, pausing with it just in front of her face, knowing that position was pushed her breasts together and making them appear larger than they actually were. She tried to avoid looking at Spike’s face as she finished taking off the shirt and tossed it over his head.

From the corner of her eye she saw him snatch it off his face so that he could watch as she unhooked her bra and dropped it to the floor, sighing with relief as she took it off. She stretched up again, then pulled her arms behind her back to stretch her pectoral muscles. She ran her hands up her rib cage and cupped her breasts briefly, rubbing a thumb across the nipples as she pretended to study them for a second.

She ignored the strangled sound that came from the now very focused vampire as she undid the snap on her stylish, but Slaying-friendly, stretch jeans and turned her back on him as she shimmied them off her hips and to the floor. She heard him growl when she bent over to pull them off her feet, exposing her smooth, rounded butt cheeks to his view. She peeked back over her shoulder and smirked at him, wiggling her ass at him as she did so.

“Get that luscious arse back over here, Slayer,” he growled at her, his eyes devouring her from head to toe. He licked his lips in anticipation of touching the smooth golden skin now exposed to him. His eyes were such a dark blue they appeared black as he raked them over curves.

“Are you giving me orders, vampire?” she asked sweetly, dropping her thong just out of his reach. “Cause, you know I don’t follow them very well, don’t you?”

With another loud groan, he fell back against the cushions and lifted his hands in surrender.

“You win, love. Whatever you want. I give up. Just get back over here where I can touch you...please, Buffy? Please, love? Before I spontaneously combust!”

With a triumphant smile, the small blond approached the begging vampire and leaned down to whisper softly, “I like it when you beg. It makes me feel all...” her voice trailed off as she gave in to her own desires and ran her hands over his smooth, muscular chest and down his hard abdomen until she her fingers were entwined in the crisp curls at the base of his shaft.

She gave it a quick lick with her tongue, but before she could do anything else, she was yanked up and on top of the vampire. The feel of his cool bare skin against her heated softness was enough to make both Slayer and vampire gasp in pleasure. Buffy pressed herself against him as hard as she could, trying to ensure that every piece of bare flesh was in contact with his.

Spike was clutching her to him as tightly as he could, grateful that her Slayer body could take the pressure he was putting on it. When she wriggled against him in an attempt to touch more skin, he gasped and arched up into her, pushing his hips against hers and allowing his cock to slip between her thighs.

“Let me in, love,” he begged softly, no longer caring how much of a ponce he appeared to be as long as he could bury himself in her warmth. “Let me feel you around me. Let me love you, Buffy. Want you so bad...need to feel you...love you...”

The touch of Spike’s eager cock pushing on her clit brought home to Buffy just what she was doing. For a wrenching second, she started to recoil, fear of what would happen if she let the vampire love her almost taking over. Then she remembered his impassioned speech about having no soul to lose and his vow that he was not like Angel/Angelus in any way and she gave in to the urgings of her body and opened her legs to allow him entrance.

The look on his face when he felt himself nudging into her warmth was enough to justify Buffy’s decision. She’d never seen that same expression of absolute awe and adoration on the face of any of her previous lovers. She barely had time to be grateful that Spike didn’t have any happiness clauses to worry about, before the pure physical pleasure of being slowly filled by his cool, thick length drove all coherent thoughts out of her head.

They gave matching sighs of contentment when he was fully buried in her warmth and they could both feel how perfect the fit was. Buffy felt completed for the first time in her short life. It felt like his body was designed just to fit with hers in a way to give her the most pleasure.

Spike was close to losing consciousness at the overwhelming sensation of being buried inside Buffy’s tight, slick warmth. Her scent, the pounding of the blood in her veins, the sound of her heartbeat and her warm breath on his neck all conspired to render him immobile.

(Could dust now,happily. I’ll never be this close to heaven ever again. This is my heaven. My world. Never want to leave here.)

When Buffy began to slowly squeeze her Slayer enhanced muscles around him, he quickly snapped out of his happy daze and remembered that it could get better and, in fact, was already doing so.

Keeping up a steady murmur in her ear about how wonderful she was and how good she felt, he began to slowly move his hips, being sure to thrust just a little harder at the end of each stroke so that his pubic bone generated pressure on her clit. He was rewarded by her steady whimpers and gasps as their pace picked up until he was thrusting harder and harder into her as she wrapped her ankles around his back and pulling him in even harder.

When Buffy’s whimpers and gasps changed to panting chanting of his name, he couldn’t prevent his demon from emerging to lick the side of her neck. With a final shriek of “Spike!” Buffy clenched around him and threw her head back, baring her throat to his fangs. With a muffled roar, he exploded inside her, at the same time allowing his sharp canines to penetrate the soft skin on her neck.

Buffy screamed again, as another, more powerful orgasm shook her body and she reveled in the feel of her blood flowing into his needy mouth. She came down from the heady high to find him licking softly at the bite wounds which were already healing even as they collapsed against each other in completion.

The Slayer in her wanted to yell at him for daring to touch her with his teeth, but the best she could manage was a very un-slayerly, “You bit me, Spike. Why did you bite me?”

He rolled off of her with a sigh, eliciting another whimper from both of them as his temporarily flaccid cock slid out of her.

“I’m really sorry, love. I had no idea that was gonna happen. Thought I had more control than that. Not around you, I guess,” he added ruefully, kissing her forehead apologetically.





She raised up slightly, leaning on her elbow and tracing circles on his chest with her finger.

“Why didn’t your chip fire?”

He looked up at her and asked with a worried frown, “Did I hurt you?”

“What? No, it didn’t hurt...it felt....” she stopped and blushed as she remembered her body’s reaction to the bite.

He laughed softly at her obvious embarrassment and said, “Don’t you remember our conversation about why humans would seek out vamps to bite them?”

Her eyes widened in sudden understanding. “Oh my god! No wonder Riley—“ She blushed again and put her face down against his neck. “I can’t compete with something like that!”

She shocked to feel Spike begin to tremble and looked up to see his demon fully emerged and snarling.

“There is no excuse for that soddin’ prat to have needed anything more than you could give him! I didn’t mean to bite you, and if I never had, it still would have been the best shag of my life. He was an ass and he got what was comin’ to him for doin’ that to you.”

The vampire was taking rapid, unnecessary breaths as he tried to calm down and force the demon back. When he finally relaxed into his human face and Buffy could once again see his beautiful blue eyes staring at her, she leaned forward and nuzzled him gently.

“Okay. Calm down. I was just surprised by it, that’s all. I had forgotten what you told me about the biting during sex.”

“Didn’t mean to do that to you, pet,” he mumbled. “I’m sorry. Won’t happen again.”

He stoked her silky hair, not seeing the look of dismay on her face.

“So, you didn’t want me to feel that? You wouldn’t do it again if I asked you?” She looked up at him with a small frown and the beginning of a pout.

He pulled back to look at her in astonishment.

“Has your Watcher taught you nothing about vampire mating rituals, Slayer? D’you have any idea what you’d be askin’ for?”

Buffy frowned more intently and said somewhat sharply, “I wouldn’t be asking you to turn me, you moron. Just to...But if you don’t want to, that’s fine. I can deal,” she huffed.

Instead of responding to her aggrieved comments immediately, he took her face in both hands and captured her lips with his, kissing her until she was moaning against his mouth and reaching for his ready cock. When they broke for air and he could once again speak, he put his forehead against hers and shut his eyes as he said grimly, “Don’t ever think that I don’t want to bite you, Buffy. I’ve wanted to bite you from the first time I saw you – and not just because I wanted you dead.”

He sucked in an unnecessary breath of air as her warm hand wrapped around him and squeezed tightly.

“Then why wouldn’t you do it again?” she demanded, pulling on his cock at the same time.

“Ungh!” he gasped as he pushed into her hand. His eyes rolled back in his head as he lay back against the pillows and reveled in the feel of her hands on his cock. “Buffy, Slayer, like that, love. Oh yeah! oh fuck, Buffy. Stop, love, stop...don’t stop, don’t ever stop, Slayer, Buffy. Buffy!”

He grabbed her hands and with a supreme effort of will, he stopped her vigorous attentions to his cock before he exploded in her hands. He held on to her hands, breathing hard and trying to calm himself before he let go.

“Jesus, pet. What are you tryin’ to do to me?” he groaned. “You could have had a real mess on your hands in another couple of seconds.”

“I’m trying to get an answer from you,” she pouted. “You ignored my question.”

“There was a question?” he asked in all sincerity. His brain was still trying to deal with what she’d been doing with her hands. “What was it?”

“The question,” she growled, “is why wouldn’t you bite me again if it makes the....you know...so much better. Don’t you want it to be good for me? Didn’t biting me make it good for you?” Her voice became tinged with just a little uncertainty. “Didn’t you like biting me? Don’t I taste good to you?”

His eyes flew open and he stared at her, completely bewildered. When he realized she was seriously questioning his reaction to making love to her, he sat them both up and took her hands in his. He swung his legs over so that his feet were on the floor and she was sitting astride his lap. Without thinking, she lowered herself onto his rigid cock and wrapped her legs around him.

He grinned at her wryly for a moment and said, “Wanted to have a serious conversation about this, love, but you’re not makin’ it easy on me.”

“Go ahead,” she demanded. “Converse. I’m listening.”

As she spoke, she clenched her muscles around him and smiled when he groaned. Then her eyes went wide and she yelped in surprise when he twitched inside her, nudging a sensitive spot she hadn’t known was there.

“Stop that!” she said indignantly.

“I will if you will, you evil woman,” he growled at her. “We need to talk about this now and if I have to put clothes back on both of us to make it happen, I will,” he threatened.

Buffy blinked at him and realized he was deadly serious.

“Okay,” she said softly, “I’m sorry. Tell me what I need to know.” She stayed where she was on his lap, but held still and waited expectantly for him to explain.

“Right then,” he said with a sigh. “Has Rupert told you anything about vampires and sex?”

“Um, other than, don’t do it with them?”

“Very funny,” he rolled his eyes at her. “You already know about the...enhancing... effects of a bite during sex, and that a bite like that isn’t usually fatal and can be repeated.” Before she could say anything, he put a finger over her open lips and shook his head. “That’s what happens when vamps are doing it for the free blood. They have sex, bite, drink, and everybody goes home happy.”

He took a deep, unnecessary breath and continued, “It’s a little more complicated than that when there are...feelings... involved.” He peered at her from under his dark lashes and she shifted uncomfortably as his love for her shone in his darkened eyes.

“If I were to say...I...the wrong thing...while I was drinkin’ from you, I’d be claiming you. And if you should say...the wrong thing...at the same time, you’d be accepting the claim.”

Buffy frowned, both at his obvious avoidance of whatever was so dangerous to say and at herself for not paying more attention when Giles tried to teach her about vampire lore. She struggled to remember what exactly a claiming ritual was intended to do.

“So, if you said this ‘wrong thing’ at the wrong time, you’d be what? My boyfriend? What’s so awful about that? I thought you wanted to be my boyfriend?”

The vampire gritted his teeth in annoyance. “I’m a vampire, love, remember? Immortal?” When she raised her eyebrow, he smiled sheepishly. “Well, ’less you dust me in a fit of temper one of these days. Point is, a claim is much more than a boyfriend/girlfriend kinda thing. It’s more like a marriage. Sacred. And, it’s forever. It ends when one of you is dead or dusty. “

“Oh,” she said in a small voice. “I guess I shoulda paid more attention in Slayer-school, huh?” She looked at him from behind a curtain of golden hair.

He pushed her hair out of her face and smiled at her. “I’m sure you had no reason to think you’d have to worry about it someday, love. And you won’t,” he said firmly. “Not if I’m careful. And I will be. I promise you, sweetheart,” he finished. “Would never do that to you.”

(As much as I might want to. Know you don’t belong with the likes of me. Won’t try to hold you longer than you want to be here with me.)

She studied him carefully for a full minute, then leaned in and kissed him softly. “I trust you, Spike. I’m not worried about it.”

“Good,” he said with an affectionate leer, “Cause I’ve got plans for you, Slayer.”

As he spoke, he twitched his cock again, hitting the bundle of nerves he was looking for and watching her eyes go wide again.

“Oooh,” she moaned and squeezed him hard.

They were soon engaged in a competition to see which one would surrender first to the sensations they were creating using just the muscles that connected them so intimately. An outside observer might have thought they were asleep as they sat facing each other, foreheads pressed together, eyes shut, each trying be the last to give in to the rapidly building tension. After minutes of complete immobility, they suddenly uttered matching moans and shuddered all over as their orgasms shook them out of the trance-like state they’d fallen in to.

They collapsed against each other, laughing and breathing hard as they rolled onto their sides on the couch. Spike pulled the afghan up over Buffy’s relaxed body and they drifted off to sleep, still wrapped in each other’s arms.


Outside the small bungalow, A glowering set of amber eyes stared at the curtained window and a large vampire snarled. He had seen Buffy shove the other vampire onto the couch and hoped briefly that she was angry enough to stake him. When she pulled the curtains instead, he let his demon use his new senses to listen to their voices and Buffy’s heartbeat as the two lovers began to consummate their new relationship.

He listened long enough to be sure of what he was hearing, then ran off into the darkness snarling and planning his revenge on the blond vampire that had taken what was his.