Chapter Fifteen

When he’d finished his drink and said “good-night” so that Giles could get some sleep, Spike was left walking through the town, wondering where he should go. Every instinct he had told him to head for Revello Drive and offer what comfort he could to the woman he loved. But something about the bleak look on her face when she left told him he might not be as welcomed as he hoped.

Even while he tried to decide what to do, his feet carried him to the small bungalow with the SUV in the driveway and he stood under a tree staring at the house. He could hear Dawn’s heartbeat and the music in her room and knew she had got safely home from visiting her mother at the hospital. He frowned when he couldn’t pick up any trace of Buffy in the house. Then a small breeze brought him her unmistakable scent from the back yard and he walked around to find her sitting alone on the porch steps.

He walked up and sat down beside her as close as he could without invading her personal space. As much as he longed to hold her and let her sob onto his chest, he had too much respect for the Slayer to treat her like the little girl she appeared to be.

Buffy hadn’t acknowledged his presence, but she was silently grateful that he had come to her rather than back to his crypt. She wanted nothing more than to lean on his willing shoulder and let him lend her his strength, but her Slayer pride kept her upright.

Unable to control his inner William any longer, Spike reached for her hand and gently stroked the back of it as he asked, “You okay, love?”

She gave a deep sigh, then surrendered to temptation and rested her head on his shoulder.

“I will be,” she said quietly. She tilted her head and looked up at him. “I’d think you might be worried about your own okayness right about now. Dating me seems to be a bit of a health hazard. You never know when I might decide I have to kill you.” She tried to smile, but her lip was quivering too much and she quickly dropped her head so he wouldn’t see.

“Ah, pet. You only kill the ones you love. Know that’s not me, don’t we?” He tried to keep his voice light, and hoped the bitterness he felt didn’t show through.

She ignored his tone and answered his question obliquely. “Didn’t love Riley. He’s dead anyway.”

She stood up to go inside, but was stopped when he didn’t release her hand. He turned it over and pressed a kiss into her palm, looking up at her as he did so.

“You’re not gonna scare me off, Slayer. Told you before and I’ll tell you again, as often as I have to – I will never knowingly do anything to make you have to stake me.”

“You mean you’re gonna stop being annoying?” she attempted a smile and was rewarded with a grin from the vampire.

“Didn’t promise not to do anything might make you WANT to stake me. Just said you wouldn’t HAVE to.”

He got easily to his feet and stood facing her. Still holding one hand, he used the other to push her silky hair back from her face.

“Don’t think I properly thanked you for savin’ me, love,” he breathed, leaning in to touch his lips gently to hers. He felt her warm breath sigh out as she melted in to him and he slid his hands around her waist and pulled her against his body.

Buffy leaned back in his embrace and looked up at him archly.

“So, are you willing to risk your life by staying in the Slayer’s house again?”

“Pretty much willin’ to risk whatever body parts I have to if it means being close to you.”

Buffy’s response was to put her head back on his chest and let the warmth and security of his love flow over her. For long, comfortable minutes they were just a man comforting and protecting the woman he held in his arms. Eventually Buffy gave a little shiver as the cool night air worked its way under Spike’s duster to chill her bare arms.

Giving her a little squeeze, he held her away from his body and kissed her forehead.

“Time to go in, Slayer. Don’t want you catching cold on me.”

With a nod, she turned and opened the kitchen door so they could go in. She walked through the house, turning off lights and checking doors, pausing at the foot of the stairs to look at him with a glint in her eye.

“You know we’ve only got a couple of days before Mom comes home and you can’t stay here anymore.”

“Well then, let’s not waste ‘em,” he said as he picked her up and leapt up the stairs, two at a time.

Smothering her giggles against his shoulder, she allowed him to carry her into her room where he threw her on the bed and jumped on top of her.

“Now I gotcha, Slayer,” he growled into her neck, making his marks there tingle.

“No you don’t,” she answered as she shoved him to the floor. “I have to pee first. And brush my teeth, and..” She giggled as he growled at her from the floor.

“Well, hurry up about it, pet. Don’t want to waste one minute of the time we’ve got left.”

While Buffy was in the bathroom, he quickly stripped and slipped into the bed, laughing as the sheet tented over his very erect penis. When she came back into the room, the first thing Buffy saw was the sheet standing up over Spike’s hips and she stopped, cocking her head to look at it.

“What’s that under there?” she asked innocently.

“Get your pretty little arse over here and I’ll show you,” he demanded.

“Oh, I think I’ll just look for myself.”

Instead of going up to the head of the bed to get in, Buffy picked up the side of the sheet and crawled under it near Spike’s knees. She rubbed her cheek on his thigh and began moving her mouth up his leg, planting light kisses as she went. She could hear Spike growling softly, but he had enough sense to keep his hands away and let her play.

When she reached his cock she ran her tongue up one side of it, pausing at the top to flick her tongue into the little slit there. She smiled as he hissed and his hips pushed up involuntarily.

“Mmmmm,” she purred as she continued to lick her way around him. “Just like a lollipop. A really big lollipop,” she added as she put her warm lips around him and began sucking.

“Uhgh! Oh, Buffy, love, my sweetest girl.” He could no longer see the tent he’d made in the sheet, as Buffy’s ass was now pushing it up, waving in the air as she worked her mouth on him.

As she held the base of his cock in one hand and moved her mouth up and down on him, the vampire kept up a litany of praise for her efforts. “Like that, love. Oh yes, pet. Your mouth is so warm, you feel like....aaaah, I’m coming, love, I’m coming! Love you, Buffy!” he shouted as he thrust his hips up into her mouth and felt her swallowing him down.

When he’d got his unneeded breath back, he picked up the end of the sheet and peered down the length of his body to see a very self-satisfied Slayer smirking back at him. Her chin rested on his thigh as she licked her lips and asked, “Did I remember how to do it right?”

Instead of answering her, he just reached down and yanked her up to meet his mouth. While he kissed her thoroughly, she could feel him harden again against her stomach. His hands were moving lightly around her body, leaving goosebumps everywhere his cool fingers touched.

Buffy lost herself in the kisses he was prolonging to the point that she had to stop and gasp for breath against his mouth. He would allow her one quick breath, and then his lips would be on hers again and his tongue would be running around her teeth, tangling with her own tongue as he put everything he was feeling into the kiss.

She slipped down onto his ready cock and sat up to position herself more fully. The vampire stared in awe as she stretched her arms over her head, giving him a look at her hard nipples and taut, tight tummy. Faint traces of lighter skin over her breasts and pubic bone told him she’d acquired her golden color basking where he could never be with her.

He mentally flinched at the reminder of how unnatural it was for him to be between her thighs. For the Slayer to be riding him as she was now doing and moaning his name as she ground her hips down onto his.

With a growl, he flipped them over so that he was kneeling between her legs, holding her hips up with his hands. Her flexibility allowed her to lie back on the pillow, perfectly relaxed and comfortable with her shoulders on the bed and her hips held in the air. The position allowed him to touch that spot deep inside that sent shock waves of sensation through her body.

She went from relaxed to writhing under him as he plunged in and out of her, twisting his hips to rub against her clit at the same time as his cock was stimulating the bundle of nerves inside. When she had already come twice and was panting his name again, he finally dropped her hips and fell down on top of her, still thrusting in a steady motion.

When he was within reach, Buffy put her arms around him and pulled him to her chest, even as she brought her legs up to wrap around his hips and hold him in to her. She was clenching him with every muscle in her body and chanting, “Don’t leave me, don’t leave me. I want you, Spike. Want you forever.”

It was too much for his demon, which emerged and slid his teeth into the marks on her neck as he came. His “Mine!” was muffled by the blood flowing into his mouth from her throat as she shuddered under him, moaning his name when the bite triggered another orgasm.

Spike took another long pull of blood, then let go and began licking the wounds closed as his face went back to its normal human features. He was cringing in fear of her reaction when he felt her blunt little teeth clamp down on his neck as she growled, “Mine!”

Electricity shot through his body as the answered claim set up the link between the two lovers. He could feel Buffy stiffen and knew she was feeling the same thing as the connection between the two of them was completed.

They fell apart, lying side by side, but not touching. The bed began to vibrate and Spike realized that Buffy was trembling beside him. She tried her best to remain calm, but he could hear the tears in her voice as she said, “What did we do, Spike? What did I do?”

The terror and dismay in her voice broke his heart and he brushed his hand across his eyes to remove the tears before he turned and took her gently in his arms.

“I’m sorry, love. Please believe me. I never meant to do that. Please don’t cry. Don’t cry Buffy. We’ll find a way to fix. I promise. Maybe Red can find a spell....we’ll fix it, love....know you don’t want to be...tied to somethin’ like me. Not what you deserve.”

She took a ragged breath and turned her wet eyes up to his anguished face.

“You...you don’t want me?” She blinked at him and started to pull away.

“Wha-? Don’t want you? Are you daft?”

“You said you were sorry. That we could fix it. You didn’t mean it.”

“I said I didn’t mean to DO it, Buffy. Not that I don’t want it. I want it more than anything in the world. Don’t ever think I don’t. But you, you deserve something more than being chained to a vampire for the rest of your life.”

She reached a hand up to cup his cheek and said softly, “The rest of my life isn’t likely to be all that long. We both know that. Why wouldn’t I want to spend it with the man who loves me?”

He gazed down on her with adoration and awe on his face. “But, I thought you...”

She looked away briefly and nodded her head. “I was kinda wigged at first, yeah. But I know it was my fault it happened, not yours. And I...I think I meant to do it. I don’t want to take it back. I want...I want you to love me forever.”

His unbeating heart was singing and his inner William was already composing new poems to his love as he pulled her back into his arms and whispered in her ear, “Forever it is, love. I can do that.”

“Good,” she mumbled as she drifted off to sleep. “Start now.”

Silence settled over the small house as its three occupants slept securely. Across the hall from the two permanently linked lovers, a sleeping teenager emitted a faint green glow as she rolled over onto her back and began to snore. Fortunately, there was no one to notice the energy aura floating around her body and no one to report it to an anxious hellgod.

The End


AN: Obviously, there’s room for a sequel with Glory as the baddy and Spike and Buffy learning to live with the claim, but this seemed like a good stopping point for this story.