AN: I am so sorry for the huge delay in chapters. As a reader it drives me nuts when there is a monster gap between updates, so I hate doing that to others. However life loves to throw curve balls at you. Graduation is a little over a week away though so I will have a lot more time to concentrate on my writing. Especially since the play is finally over. Anyway I hope you like this chapter and I really will try not to have huge delays like that ever again. Oh and again I am NOT a Sparmony shipper at all. All of the S/H is part of the story and I really do promise to NEVER have descriptions of Sparmony sex. Ever. That said, Harmony is still around.

Leaning against the bar, watching Harmony walk away, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

“What are you so smirky about?” Tara, she is going to get a kick out of this.

“Oh, nothing. Just kind of let Harmony think that Will is gay.”

“You what?”

“Well, he wouldn’t kiss her and I just let her draw her own conclusions. What do I care if they’re the wrong ones?” So not my problem if Harmony thinks Will is gay. Maybe she’ll leave him alone now.

“That’s just wrong, Buffy. You should’ve said he had a disease, not made him gay. Everyone is gay nowadays. It’s the latest craze.” Tara teased.

“Oh, so that’s what you are doing, the latest craze?”

“Exactly. All the cool kids are doing it.”

“Right, sure.” I patted her on the shoulder, and signaled the bartender.

“Really, Buffy, if you don’t want him let someone else have him.”

“It’s not that I don’t want him. I, I don’t want him. Not in the relationshippy sense or anything. You know, he’s my friend. I just think he can do better.”

“Uh-huh.”

Why doesn’t anyone ever believe me when I say that? “Enough about my non-relationship issues. How are you doing since the Willow breakage?” Best way to take the focus off your own problems, redirection.

“I’m doing pretty good. It’s still a little rough, but not too bad. You know because it was a mutual breakage, not sabotage like some people.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Damn the redirection didn’t last long.

“Yeah, yeah. Denial thy name is--”

“Tara, enough. I told you I don’t want him as anything other than a friend. We’re friends that’s all. Well ok, maybe not friends at the moment but he’ll get over it and things will be right as rain.”

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to look into deep chocolate brown eyes, tousled brown hair and a perfect white smile. He gave me a bashful look, as if he was sorry for interrupting my conversation. What the hell, it can‘t hurt to talk to the guy.

“Hi. I’m Parker.”

“Hi Parker. Buffy.”

“I was wondering…” He ducked his head and ran his fingers through his hair making it more disheveled. “I was wondering if you’d like to dance.”

“Sure.” I took his hand and we weaved our way through the tables surrounding the dance floor. Looking around, I made sure we were in Will’s direct line of sight. He’s trying to make me jealous with Harmony; fine two can play this game.

“So, do you go to the university?” Parker said over the din of the music.

“Yuh-huh.” Small talk, so tedious.

“Cool. Me too.”

I smiled at him and continued to dance to the music. I looked over Parker’s shoulder and saw Will take Harmony’s hand and lead her to the dance floor. He put her arms around his neck and placed his hands on her waist. He looked at me and smirked.

“What are you majoring in?” Parker said trying to get my attention.

I looked at him and said, “University studies.” That was a nice vague major to encourage him to cut the small talk. I know small talk is all part of the ritual of getting to know people, but I really didn’t want to get to know him. Also, I really hate trying to carry on a conversation in the middle of a dance floor.

“Really? Interesting.”

This guy is just determined to talk. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me. Maybe pressing against him will keep him quiet. I looked over his shoulder at Will and gave him a tight grin. His smirk was replaced with a look of annoyance. Then he grabbed Harmony closer to him. I slipped one of my arms from around Parker’s neck to underneath his arm, wrapping it around his back and pulling him closer to me.

“Umm, ok.” Parker said and wrapped his arms tighter around my waist.

Will looked like he was about to spit bullets. I rested my chin on Parker’s shoulder and gave Will a triumphant smile. He was pissed and jealous; I stuck my tongue out at him.

His nostrils flared and his jealous look was replaced with a devilish grin. Will started nuzzling Harmony’s neck. I bit my tongue to stop from saying anything. Swallowing back the bile that was threatening to crawl up my throat from the display Will was putting on; I began kissing at Parker’s neck. I looked over at Will and saw that he was staring at what I was doing. Our eyes locked, it was full on battle time. He slid his hands down Harmony’s back to her left leg, raising it up to wrap around his right knee. I lowered my hand that was on Parker’s back to his waist and wrapped my left leg around his right knee. Will began grinding against Harmony’s right leg in beat with the music. I reciprocated by grinding against Parker’s right leg.

“Wow.” Parker gasped. Poor guy doesn’t realize that he’s just being used as a tool.

I unwrapped my left leg from around Parker and twisted my body around to his back, placing my arms around his chest. I rubbed my body against is back and turned my head around to raise an eyebrow at Will. He clenched his jaw and began to nibble Harmony’s neck. I twisted back around to the front of Parker and started nibbling his earlobe.

“Will, yeah, oh. I thought, I thought you were gay.” Harmony moaned.

“What!!” Will screamed.

“Well sure. I was talking to Buffy and well, she didn’t say it exactly but I figured you were.”

I stopped nibbling on Parker’s ear and looked at Will. I was wondering how long it was going to take for her to tell him that she thought he was gay. He looked from Harmony to me and back to Harmony.

“No. No pet, I’m not gay. In fact, if you like we can continue this dance in a more private setting.” He looked at me and shook his head.

“Ok.” Harmony giggled.

Will left one arm around her waist and began to guide her off the dance floor. He looked at Harmony, stepped back and tapped Parker on the shoulder. “Hey mate. Don’t let her dance moves fool you. Frigid as Antarctica that one is.” He looked at me and continued off the dance floor.

“You know that guy?” Parker asked.

“Yeah, I turned him down once. Never got over it.”

“Oh. So do you want to come back to my dorm?”

“No Parker, not tonight thanks.” God I just forced Will further into Harmony’s arms.

“Oh. So he’s right.”

“He’s not right, I’m just not interested ok.” I started to walk away from him and he grabbed my arm by the elbow.

“No, it’s not ok. You can’t just do that.”

“I can and I did. Now let go of my arm.”

“Not ‘til you finish what you started.” He placed my hand over his crotch.

“I don’t have to finish anything.” I tried to pull my arm away from him.

“You know you want this.”

“No, I don’t. I don’t want you or your teeny weenie. Now let me go. Go home and just let this be a memory in your pathetic spank bank.” He let go of my arm and stared at me. I walked off the dance floor to find Tara.

“Whatever you frigid slut. You wouldn’t know what to do with it anyway.”

I rolled my eyes and shook my head as I continued my search for Tara.

“Buffy.” It was Tara. Thank god.

“Tara can we go home now? Please?”

“Yeah. Let’s get out of here. This place is dead anyway.” She smiled.

“You are so right.”