Thank youuuuuuuuu all!!!!! I adore you!!

Deceiving (II)
( I took a lot from ‘Angel’.. but there’s no need to tell you that things are different here..)

”You have a really pretty room!” Angel smiled, noticing how, instead of the tons of posters of celebrities he expected to see on her walls, the shelves of her room and her desk were overflowing with books and their contents were anything but flighty.
And the only thing hanging on her walls, except for some pics with her friends... was the... periodic table!
Angel appreciated the girl’s maturity a lot and he couldn’t help to be anything but impressed by her, which showed on his face, he’d ordered himself to stop, but he couldn’t help doing it again. Lucky for him, Willow had her back turned to him.

“Thank you, but it’s nothing special...” she answered, as she opened the cupboard where she kept his coat, treating it as a precious and holy relic.
“You didn’t miss anything tonight. Easy fight, easy opponents to dust...” she changed topics, giving his coat back to him. “Anyway, Angel, I was wondering… you’re the mystery guy that appears out of nowhere. I’m not saying I wasn’t happy about it the other night, but if you are hanging around I’d like to know why...” she said, but without having the courage to look at him directly in his eyes.

“Maybe I like you..” he answered calmly.
“Maybe. Anyway, I’m the Slayer, it’s my job to fight guys like that, what’s your excuse?” she dared to ask.
“Uh! Somebody has to.”
“Well, what does your family think of your career choice?” she tried to joke, but she ended up making an unforgivable gaffe.
“They’re dead.” he answered dryly.

Willow bit her tongue, cursing herself.
“I’m so, so sorry..” she muttered.
“It was a long time ago..” he explained.
“Was it vampires?”
“I.. it was.”
“So... this is a vengeance for you...”

“When are you going to stop this charade?” he snapped.
“Huh?”
“Oh, c’mon, you fooled me the first time, but tonight I’ve realized the truth, I saw you and your friend, * she* is the Slayer ... not you, confess!” he summoned her.
“You’re right. I’m sorry. When you saw me the first night I was patrolling instead of her, because she had asked me to, so when you mistook me for the Slayer… I was afraid to lose you... so I lied and...” she admitted, but he interrupted her, chuckling.

“If I’m here to help her, it doesn’t mean I can’t care about you..” he explained, getting closer to her.
“And.. do you care about me?” she wavered.
“A lot. Slayer or not..” he murmured, sitting on the bed with her.
He began leaning towards her slowly, but all of the sudden he stopped, getting up quickly.
“I’m older than you, and this is wrong, I can’t feel this way ‘bout you, it could never work... and I better go...” he exclaimed, but she stopped him, dragging him to her and making him sit again.
“Well, how do you feel about me?” she asked, holding his hand.
As an answer, he bent over her and gave her a soft kiss. “This...” he smiled.

“Mm... explain it to me better...” she murmured, pulling him to her and parting her lips to deepen that kiss, that increased in its intensity.
Without even realizing she had closed them, Willow opened her eyes as she caressed Angel’s shoulders. She was enjoying the moment, until her eyes met the shutter of her cupboard, seeing her image reflected on the mirror inside it as she kissed… the empty space.

“Do you think I’m an idiot?” she snapped, pulling away and pushing him to the floor, as he looked at her puzzled.
“What?”
“So, *I * was the one lying, pretending to be someone else! Hey, I don’t have crucifixes, but I have mirrors around... and guess what? There’s no reflection!” she explained, backing off.
“Willow, wait... I...” he tried to calm her down, but she opened a drawer, dragging out a cross.
“Surprise, surprise, although I’m Jewish, Buffy insisted that I kept one of these crosses with me... and now I’m thankful to her!” she warned him, putting the cross in front of him.
“Back off, vampire!” she summoned him and the closeness to the cross brought his demon to the surface and he growled at her annoyed.
“Go away!” she screamed, taking a step closer.
Understanding that that wasn’t the right moment for an explanation, the vampire jumped down the window, running away.

Still shocked and mostly angry due to his deceive, Willow dialed Giles’ number and half an hour later everyone was at the Watcher’s house.

TBC

If this can help you somehow, next chapter will be ‘Confessions’..

And later, I promise I’ll (Finally!) update ‘Wanted..’, too! ;)