thanks as always!

Chapter seven: Confessions (I)
( I took a lot from ‘Angel’.. but there’s no need to tell you that things are different here..)

”Angel is a vampire!” Willow revealed.
“Angel is a vampire?!” Buffy repeated, astonished.
“Angel is a vampire?” Xander echoed, and then he frowned. “Wait. WHO is Angel?”

“Xander is right, Willow, tell us about ... uh... this mysterious guy...” Giles exhorted her.
“Ok. Three nights ago, at the Bronze, there were two vampires. One fought against Buffy, so she couldn’t look after me. I ran away, but the other vampire chased me, until we arrived to the smallest graveyard of the town...” Willow started explaining, and Buffy exchanged an understanding look with her to thank her for changing a little the real version of those events. “So, he was about to attack me and I was so afraid thinking it was over for me, when all of the sudden Angel appeared and saved me...”

“He saved you?! But you said he’s a vampire.. by the way, how did you find out?” Giles asked very curiously.
“Well, I had brought him into my room...” she began her tale, but a very agitated Xander interrupted her.
“What? Will… Willow! You’ve known him just for three days and you’re already bringing him into your room? It’s not like you to act this way!” he commented shocked.
“I know, but there was something I wanted to give him...” she justified, but it got worse, because the boy thought about a specific ‘thing’ and he looked even more shocked.
Willow realized the possible misunderstanding her words might have caused and she fixed everything by clarifying, “Wait! No, it’s not * that*! It’s just that the first night he lent me his coat, so I wanted to give it back to him!”
Giles cleared his throat to make her understand she hadn’t answered him yet, and that she was digressing.

“Uh! Right, well... it’s quite simple. I have a mirror in my room, he was in front of it and there was no reflection… two and two makes four, so I took a cross and made him run away!” she explained.
“Anyway, that’s not the point. I mean, he’s a vampire, he was alone with me and he didn’t even tried to attack me, why? Could he be a good vamp? I mean, on a scale of one to ten, ten being someone who’s killing and doing mayhem, and one being someone who’s not?” Willow asked hopefully.
“I don’t think so, because... uh... all vamps hunt and kill. It’s what they do...” Giles answered.
“He could’ve fed of me. He didn’t. So... can a vamp ever be a good person? Couldn’t it be?” the redhead insisted.
“A vamp is not a person at all. It may have the movements, the memories, even the personality of the person that it took over, but it’s a demon at the core, there’s no halfway...”


“Bullshit!” Buffy snapped, cutting her Watcher off, and as all the others he looked at her surprised. “I think a vampire is not only a demon, sometimes they could be more human than we imagine! I’m damn sick of always hearing this story, it’s not enough reading it on a couple of books...”
“Actually, there are more than two hundred volumes about that!” Giles corrected her.
“Whatever! Truth is that we don’t really know anything about vamps. I think you should be a vamp to know what they really feel, ‘cause I’m sure they feel!” she went on, so animated by that topic that she punched the table.
All her friends were staring at her speechless, almost scared.
“What? It’s just that... uh! I can’t stand people who always see things only in black or white...” she justified, realizing that maybe she had exaggerated a little. “Grey is such a nice color!” she murmured, biting on her lower lip.

“I agree with Buffy. I wanna believe there are exceptions to the rule!” Willow supported her, with a resolute face.
“There’s no exceptions, Willow: he’s a vampire, Buffy is the Slayer, Buffy kills the vampire, it’s pretty simple!” Xander pointed out, but no one seemed to listen to him, because the two girls were too engrossed in their thoughts, and Giles was piling up tons of books on his desk.
“There’s nothing about Angel in this text...” he commented, after skimming through the pages. “But it suddenly occurred to me that it’s been ages since I’ve read any Watchers’ diaries...” he added, departing and coming back with a bunch of small very, very old-looking books.
He found what he was searching for in the first diary. “There’s a mention here, two hundred years ago in Ireland, of Angelus, the one with an angelic face...” he began reading.
“Yeah, that’s him!” Willow confirmed with dreamy eyes, which didn’t go unnoticed by Xander.
“So, Angel has been around for a while..” she went on.
“Not long for a vampire. Uh, two hundred and forty years or so..” the Watcher informed her.

(end I)

I hope you still like it! ;)