Thank you so, so very much!

A new enemy (?) (II)

”He could have twenty souls, for all I care! He’s a vampire, he’s an enemy, the reason why I don’t trust him and never will!” Xander snapped after Willow’s tale.
“Instead, I find it fascinating, a vampire with a soul! I guess this is the first case ever! I should write about that on my diary. Do you think he’ll want to answer a couple of questions?” Giles exclaimed as he pulled the curtains closed.

“Sure. And Xander, you would be able to say what you think directly to him, because he will be here soon!” Willow informed him, a little coldly.
“I’ll do. Anyway, Will, I don’t think you should invite boys in your room, especially vampires! Tell her, Buffy: vampires are bad guys!” Xander struck back.
“Well, Xan, I guess it’s good to be open-minded!” the blonde commented.

Suddenly they saw a guy dressed in black coming in as a fury, with some little flames on his shoulder, but he extinguished them.
Willow ran towards him, smiling and kissing him.
“Well, guys, this is Angel. Angel, these are the real Slayer and my best friend Buffy, her Watcher Giles, and Xander!” Willow introduced them to him.
“So, Willow said you have information about this Spike!” Giles said as he looked at him with great attention, almost as if he wanted to analyze him.
On the other hand, Xander had glanced at him at the beginning, due to the curiosity, and then he had turned his back to him without telling him anything.

“Right, the situation’s critical. The enemy you’ll have to face is not like the others, he’s determined to wreck havoc, bring death and destruction, and he won’t stop until this town burns into flames!” he warned them, and as all the others listened to him, Buffy lost herself in her thoughts.

< Well, if the way he’s been acting with me is his way to wreck havoc, to bring death and destruction... I just wish he’ll carry on that way endlessly! > she thought maliciously.

“I don’t see where the bad news are...” Buffy defused, snorting.
“Well, I’m sure you’ll find more about him in your Watcher’s books, and after that you’ll be shocked!” Angel warned her.
“Well, there’s nothing ... uh... about Spike...” Giles informed him.
“Just try with ‘William The Bloody’, he’s also known by that name!” Angel suggested and turned to leave, but Buffy stopped him.

“Wait, are there any pictures of him in the books?” she asked worried that Willow might recognize him, as her heart danced happily because she had just found out Spike’s real name.
“No, I’m sorry, but if you want I can describe him to you, and...”
“NO! I mean, thank you, Angel, but I don’t wanna ruin the surprise when I meet him!” she explained.
“Ok. Anyway, don’t worry, Buffy, I’m here to help you. Now, I’d better go. See you, Will!” he said, kissing Willow and disappearing as quickly as he had appeared.

“Oh, no!” Giles exclaimed when, as Angel had suggested, he found the name he was looking for in one of the Watcher’s journals.
“I’ll spare you all the wicked things he did in his un-life, but there’s something scary, especially for you, Buffy; this William The Bloody has already faced two Slayers... he killed them both!” he informed the Scoobies, arranging his glasses with a trembling hand.
Xander and Willow looked at each other shocked, while Buffy looked bored at her nails with great indifference, but then she realized that that wasn’t the reaction they’d expected from her.
“Uh! I mean... it’s terrible!” she pretended to get alarmed, bringing a hand to her opened mouth, in an interpretation that could had make her win an Oscar.

TBC

Eh, eh , are you ready to see our dear Spike again? Mostly because next chapter will be just ‘School Hard’, do I need to say more? ;)
I’ll update as soon as I can!