Alright! the site works again!!

Thank you so much, Allison, Seraiza, Ed, BuffyAndSpikeforever and Tina, you're so very kind to me!!! ;)

Chapter twelve: Trust (I)

*******************************
Buffy and the others left the gym, crossing the yard.
“A siege, without corpses. I still have trouble to believe it!” Gilles grumbled, adjusting his glasses.
“Well, Giles, I’m afraid you’re wrong, because I’ve got the feeling there’s a corpse here..” Xander informed him, pointing to the feet that popped out from a bush.

“I know I’m supposed to feel sad about anyone’s death, I know... but should I ... even in * this* case?” Buffy exclaimed when they all realized whose that corpse was.
“Buffy, you shouldn’t say those things!” Giles scolded her. “I know that Snyder and you didn’t get along much, but even if he was nothing more than a stupid selfish egocentric idiot without a brain who with his stubborn and dumb actions and decisions put our lives in danger more than once, the sodding annoying dickhead...”
“Giles, wash your mouth! You were supposed to * defend* him!” Buffy made him notice with the same tone he had used on her.
“Whatever! The point is that we have a corpse here...” the Watcher changed subjects.
“Someone didn’t respect the rules... if there were some rules to respect that is...” Angel commented, as Willow hugged him.

< Let’s think about that... a guy who doesn’t respect any rule... Uhmm... * whom* could it be?> Buffy wondered rhetorically, as they all walked back to their respective homes.

----------------------------------------------------------------
The morning after, Buffy heard someone knock on the front door, and she ran downstairs to open, before her mom woke up. She was still wearing her pajamas, since it was just 7:00 a.m.
“Will, this is getting way too predictable!” she exclaimed, inviting her friend in.
“So, can your mom hear us?” Willow wondered, sitting on the sofa.
“She’s still sleeping. She was kinda tired, you know, due to the stress of last night...” she explained, sitting beside her.

“So, did you really think you could tell me that you and * Spike * nonetheless are together, without giving me a very detailed account since the beginning until now? C’mon, spit out!” her friend incited her.

-------------------------------------------------------
“...And that’s all so far,” Buffy concluded.
“ Hmm... what about the bite? How is it?” the astonished redhead wondered.
“Something amazing, you have no idea... I’m not saying that I’ve become bite-addicted, well, *Spike’s bite* addicted... but almost!” the blonde murmured. “By the way, Will, did you know that… vampires purr?” she added, making Willow even more curious.

---------------------------------------------------------
After Willow left, Buffy stayed home, since due to the Principal Snyder’s death the school was closed for a day. She heard another knock at the door.

“Have you got any other questions, Will?” she exclaimed, sure that it was her friend again; instead she found the most unexpected thing.

A vampire stood in front of her, and he took off the blanket that had covered him until then, starting to burn.
“Spike sent me here to tell you he’ll meet you tonight at the same graveyard...” he informed her before exploding into a pile of ashes, in front of her stunned eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------
After finding the perfect outfit, ‘comfy and practical’ for patrolling, and ‘sexy and arousing’ for seducing a certain peroxide blond vampire, Buffy left home and headed towards the biggest cemetery in town.

Spike wasn’t there yet, but she glanced at a vampiress that had left a mausoleum nearby holding an odd cross wrapped into a sheet and a book.
“Wassup? Have you decided out of the blue to become a cultured woman?” the Slayer exclaimed, approaching threateningly already brandishing a stake.

“It’s always a pleasure to see you, Slayer!” a voice that by then she knew very well said behind her back.

( end I)


p.s. If I manage , later I'll post 'Bit by Bit', too! ;)