Thank you, thank you, thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Truth Hurts (II) (I took a lot from ‘Lie to me’ but it’s very different)

”About your research.. if you keep looking in the wrong books you’ll find nothing!” Giles commented, taking the right books from a shelf.
“Anyway, we don’t even know what we’re looking for..” he pointed out, but Willow’s eyes fell upon a picture that had slipped from the book Giles was skimming through.
“For this!” she exclaimed, picking the picture and showing it to everyone.

Buffy thought.

“Who is this girl?” the redhead asked.

After a quick glimpse, Giles could give her an answer. “Uh, she’s called Drusilla, a sometime paramour of Spike’s...”

Buffy roared, but just in her mind, clutching her fists so hard that it hurt, and making a huge effort not to scream.

“She was killed by an angry mob in Prague..” the Watcher went on, and the blonde sighed relieved, without anyone seeing her.
But her relief didn’t last long.

“Well, they don’t make angry mobs like they used to do, because this girl is alive, I saw her with Angel..” Willow informed them.
“With Angel?” Giles repeated confused.
“Wasn’t he supposed to be a good guy?” Jenny hinted.
But that hadn’t alarmed Buffy, it was another fact that she couldn’t stand.

< She is alive.. with Spike?>

All of the sudden, she remembered the meeting of the night before, and the blond vampire’s words, a ritual to help someone he cared about a lot.

< Drusilla and the angry mob of Prague. Someone ill. Drusilla ill. Bingo! So, she is the mysterious someone Spike cares about so much. She is his lover. He fooled me! Grrr..> she thought enraged, leaving as a fury and heading towards her training room, determined to give vent to her rage , punching the punch ball until she broke the rope that tied it at the roof.

Willow didn’t feel better than her. Angel saw another girl without telling her about that, and this girl was a vampire, too. She also left the room to take a walk, make things clearer in her mind and get herself ready to face the gorgeous brunette vampire, forcing him to tell her the truth.


------------------------------------------------------------------
All the vampires were outside to celebrate (although the Slayer wouldn’t have allowed them to celebrate much!) due to St. Vigious Day, but Spike had preferred to remain in the warehouse to keep company to Drusilla, mainly because of two simple reasons: the first one was that if he carried on disregarding her she would start suspecting something, and the second one was that he had to investigate about an important matter.

He saw her in front of a cage where a bird used to tweet once, but right then it was dead. He approached her as silent as a cat.
“You sing the sweetest little songs. Won’t you sing for me, hmm? Don’t you love me anymore?” she exclaimed, turning to the cage, as Spike hugged her from behind, holding her tight.
“Darling, I heard a funny thing just now, Lucius told me that you went out on a hunt the other night..” he exclaimed.
“My tummy was growling. And you were out..” she explained quickly, looking at the cage again.
“Come on...” she said, whistling. “I’ll pout if you don’t sing...”
“You saw anyone? Anyone interesting?” he asked quietly.

< Like the Slayer and me?> he thought worried.

“Angel!” Dru answered.
Spike seemed to be relieved.
“Oh! So...” he went on, kissing her forehead.
“I’ll give you a seed if you sing!” she sing song, looking at the cage.
Spike lost his already short patience.

“The bird is dead, Dru. You left it in the cage and you didn’t feed it, and now it’s dead, just like the last one!” he snapped, as she crouched and started whining scared.
He calmed down.
“Oh, I’m sorry, baby. I’m a bad rude man, I just don’t fancy you going out, that’s all. You’re weak...” he apologized, taking her hand.

< What if you saw me and Buffy together? I’ll end up like that sodding bird; no, probably bloody worse!> he thought, looking at the cage and doing the impossible to deny the evidence.

TBC

Eh, eh , well , next chapter will be ‘Tell me you love me!’ , do I need to say more? ;) just wait and you’ll see…