Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you, as always!!
As you can see, ‘ this ‘ Dru is not very smart about Spike, plus he’s very good at confusing his Sire, just as he does now, eh eh! ;)
Chapter seventeen : Hunted ( I took something from ‘What’s my line? Pt. 1 ‘, but it’s really different!)

“What? I had to stop the Slayer..” Drusilla protested.
“But you called the Order of Taraka, nonetheless! They won’t stop until their work is bloody done..”

< .. until they kill my Buffy!> he thought.

“I told you I would deal with her..” he retorted.
“But you keep failing, my William. It almost seems like.. you like the Slayer!” she accused him.
“I like killing her, or at least trying to, it’s bloody different!” he tried to clarify, fearing that his Sire would figure out everything he’d been trying to hide. “You knew she has been my goal ever since we moved here, and now you’ve bloody ruined everything!” he scolded her and she began cowering and whining. “Cower and whine as much as you bloody please, Dru, I won’t buy that! And no sleeping together tonight, because I’m too pissed off at the moment! That will teach you to never take a decision without consulting me first!” he growled at her, going to another room of the warehouse.
He couldn’t do anything more for that night, because if he had gone out Drusilla would have figured out everything without any doubt. After all, it had been a brilliant move for Spike to pretend he was angry with her because he wanted to be the one who would kill the Slayer and not because of the real reason, that he simply didn’t want to lose her. All he could do right then was to wait for the next night to act, hoping that it would take a while for the bounty killers to arrive to Sunnydale.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But Spike was very wrong, because by sunrise some important events were already taking place.

-- Bus 219 continuing Service to L.A., now arriving in Sunnydale at the West Gate --

The speaker had just announced the arrival of a bus and a very big guy with long black hair with a scarred face, maybe from one of his battles and a leather outfit got off that bus.
Not very far, another odd guy, a kind of street vendor walked around town.

At Sunnydale’s Airport a 747 was ready to land. There was a clandestine inside. It was a beautiful Caribbean young girl with long curly black hair tied back, some large hoop earrings and black eyes with an icy gaze that brought to nothing good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evening finally came, so Spike didn’t waste any time and with the alibi of going hunting he headed towards a very specific place.
Buffy had told him how she loved ice-skating and she had confessed him that since she was a little girl her dream was to become an Olympic champion such as Dorothy Hamill, who had been her idol. But then she had become the Chosen One and she had had to shelve her dream in a drawer without the possibility of opening it anymore. But it didn’t mean that she couldn’t enjoy that hobby of hers every once in a while. There was an ice-skating rink in Sunnydale and it was where she always went to practice, but just when it was closed. And today it was precisely one of days when it was closed. So, as Spike expected, he saw her from afar, as she was already concentrating on skating with amazing grace and prettiness. There was no one else around, so it was a piece of cake for the vampire to take a pair of skates from one of the racks. He got in the skating rink as she was ending a lap, as she got ready to perform one of those pirouettes that she seemed to do with ease.
She was astonished when she found him in the rink very close to her as he performed a jump without any mistakes.

“You’re the Goddess of ice, pet!” he smiled, skating closer to her.
“Spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike! But. You… you’re skating.. and you’re doing it pretty well!” she exclaimed.
“There’s nothing I can’t do pretty well, luv!” he bragged.
“Mr. Modesty strikes again!” she rolled her eyes. “Well, I told you I would come here, but I didn’t expect you to come, too, not that I’m complaining..” she smiled, caressing his face and getting closer to his soft cold lips for a tender kiss.
“Mm.. you know, honey, this is not a courtesy visit..” he informed her.
“No?” she pouted and he couldn’t resist to her pout, capturing her warm sweet lips once again in a more demanding kiss.
“Well, it’s becoming a courtesy visit, after all, but first, let me warn you about something bloody important!” he said, becoming more serious.

“Oh, no, please, tell me they’re good news, because after the terrible, very terrible, day I had I really need a good news!” she wished.
“I’m sorry, sunshine, but I couldn’t give you worse news than this one: Dru has sent the Order of Taraka after you!” he warned her.
“And.. is that such a bad thing?” she wondered, a little bit puzzled.
“Pet, do you know what the Order of Taraka is?” he asked and she shook her head negatively, with the innocence of a three years old kid.
“Bloody hell, I would be a better Watcher than yours! Doesn’t he ever teach you anything?” he rolled his eyes.
“Hey! Don’t insult him, Giles is the best Watcher I’ve ever had!” she defended him, punching Spike’s shoulder playfully.
“Anyway, this is not kidding-time, the Order of Taraka is an army of bloody powerful bounty killers and they won’t stop until they kill you!” he explained to her. “I managed to stop the rest of them, saying that the order was countermanded, but three of them didn’t know of that, because they’re already here, determined to obey to Dru’s request!” he warned her.
“Gee! I guess I’ve already met the first one, then!” she figured out.
“What?”
“This morning, at school, there was a career test to find out what job you should apply for and I ended up being a policewoman!” she told him.
“Fighting Evil once again, eh, baby?” he made fun of her.
“Spike, that’s so not the point! There was also a demonstration, a policewoman called my name, I showed up and she began shooting at me! I managed to avoid the bullets, but a guy got wounded... nothing bad, anyway, thank God!” she explained.
“Yes, I guess she was one of the killers, you know, they can have a normal aspect, too...” he informed her.
“Oh, thanks for saying that! So, now I know it could be anyone, it’s just great!” she got alarmed.
“And I think we are about to meet the second!” Spike exclaimed, shifting into his game face to get ready to fight the robust guy with a scarred face who had just jumped onto the rink.

(end I)

Very sweet tender spuffy moment ( nothing sexual anyway! ;) ) coming soon …