Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello! sorry for late
Oh, my! I Don’t have words to thank you all, you’re so very kind!!!
Chapter eighteen : An almost fatal error
( I took a lot from ‘What’s My Line? Pt. 1’, but it’s very different!)

When Spike realized that Buffy was deeply asleep, he pulled away from her arms, as gently as he could trying not to wake her up.
“I don’t wanna leave you all alone, but, I’ve gotta do something to help you, be right back, luv!” he whispered, leaving the crypt.
It was just 4:00 a.m. and there were more than two hours left until dawn, so he had enough time to do what he wanted to do.

“Hey, we’re closed now!” Willie exclaimed, as he was about to leave the bar, after cleaning up.
“Not for me!” Spike exclaimed, appearing from the shadows, showing just half side of his face, as the other side was still in the dark.
“Oh, Spike, sorry, I hadn’t recognized you in the dark!” the man justified. “I’ve got some fresh blood, do you want it?” he asked, visibly nervous.
“I don’t want blood, I want information!” he explained, approaching the bar owner. “The order of Taraka. Where do they hide? I already know they’re not at the warehouse; that would’ve been too bloody easy! So, you tell me now!” the vampire summoned him, growling.
“The Order of... what?” the barman wondered.
Spike chuckled.
“Nice try...” and before Willie could realize what had happened, the vampire was already behind his back and smashing his head against the marble banter with a light pressure. “... But this is not the answer I wanna hear from you!” he clarified.
“Uh! No, Spike... it’s not my business anymore... you know, now I’m out of the loop...” he tried to justify, more and more nervous, but the bleached blond vampire increased the pressure.
“Sure, buddy. And I bathe in the sun!” Spike protested, smashing him against the wall. “I’ll tell you what. You spit it out or... I’ll find out if I can beat my personal record of torture with you, the last human held on for five straight days... although I should better say they were four, because the fifth day was just a long * agony *...” he sneered, shoving him on the ground. “So, buddy, did you decide what...”
A kick on his face interrupted him.
He turned to see who it was. It was the girl from the Airport who, without wasting any time, took one of the brooms that leant on the wall, broke the end of the handle and attacked Spike with the makeshift stake.

“I don’t have time for you, sweetheart, whoever you are..” Spike snapped, swinging his leg, but the girl was quicker than him and dodged, and then she threw him against a shelf, making al the bottles fall on him.
In the meantime, Willie had taken advantage of that to flee the bar.
The vampire recovered, got up and hurled towards the girl, hitting her stomach and smashing her against the wall.
“Tell me who you are and I promise I won’t hurt you.. much!” he sneered, but his opponent managed to break free from his grip and, after glancing at an open cage, she grabbed Spike by the shoulders, pushing him violently inside the cage, laughing.
“Do you find it funny?” he said, getting up.
“Now it’s fun!” she struck back, kicking the cage closed and locking it before he could get out. “Tell me where is she? The girl I saw you with before!” she ordered.
“Stay the bloody hell away from her!” he growled, shaking the cage but without managing to open it.
“You’re not in position to threaten me...” she mocked.
“Just wait until I’m out of here and I’ll do bloody do more than threaten you, you sodding bitch!” he growled at her.
“If I were you, I would worry about something else...” she warned him, pointing at the little opened window. “It will be sunrise in a few hours, so you’ve gotta get out of here very soon, if you can!” she advised him, leaving, as Spike cursed, as enraged as he had never been before, knowing that his Buffy was in danger and he couldn’t do anything to help her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buffy woke up and she was very concerned because she hadn’t found Spike by her side. She went out of the crypt, thinking that maybe he was taking a stroll outside, although it wouldn’t be such a wise idea from him. But in front of her she found someone she didn’t expect to find.

“Finally, I’ve found you!” the mysterious Caribbean girl exclaimed, approaching to her threateningly.
“I guess you’re number three!” the blonde figured out, getting ready to attack her. “Spike said you wouldn’t look here, but it seems that he was wrong...” she commented as the other girl looked at her puzzled, wondering what she meant.
“Are you ready to die?” the brunette asked her rhetorically, and then she hurled to her.
“Uff, how many times do I have to hear that sentence?” the blonde rolled her eyes with a snort, managing to block her opponent’s punch kinda easily, avoiding her vicious kick, too.
“Nice moves. My turn now!” Buffy sneered as she tried to kick her in the stomach, but the other girl figured out her intentions and also stopped her punch before it could connect with her face.

The fight went like that for a while, but it was as if they were fighting in front of a mirror, because one knew exactly what the other’s moves would be, almost as if... they were one and the same.
“Who are you?” the brunette asked her, very confused, while they rested after their unsuccessful fight.
“Wait. It’s you who attacked me first! Who the hell are you?” the blonde asked her back as confused a s her opponent.
“I’m Kendra, the Vampire Slayer!” the brunette declared proudly as Buffy stared at her dumbfounded.

( End part 1)

I know, it’s mean to end it here, but * I am mean * ihhihih! Not so mean, anyway, because, trust me, I’m gonna make you all forgive me with the next post, ok?
As always, I hope you’ll still like it! ;)