Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much!!!!! ;) See? I didn't make you wait for too long!
An almost fatal error (II)
( I took a lot from ‘What’s My Line? Pt. 1’, but it’s very different!)

“You’re... what?” the blonde looked for a confirmation, staring at her counterpart with more and more astonishment written in her face.
“I’m the Vampire Slayer, and no matter if you kill me, another one shall rise!” the other answered.
“Spare this story to me, I know it very well, you know, I happen to be the * real * Vampire Slayer!” she declared.
“You’re lying. There can be only one.. and it’s me! You’re a vampire, so you can’t fool me!” the brunette struck back, ready to attack once again.
“So, do you think that a vampire can hold * this *?” Buffy asked her, putting a hand in her pocket and drawing out a crucifix.
Logically, she took it off every time she was with Spike.
Now it was Kendra’s turn to be the dumbfounded one.

“I should take you to my Watcher, because something very wrong is going on here..” Buffy thought out loud.
“But.. but I saw you with that dangerous vampire.. and you were kissing him, too, and..” the brunette grumbled.
“What can I say? I’m a very special Slayer, the one who goes against the rules!” she smiled.
“And to think that I was about to kill you, too!” the other Slayer thought out loud.
When Buffy heard those words her blood froze over in her veins and her eyes went wide open.
“What the hell does ‘you, too’ mean? What did you do to him?” Buffy forced Kendra to talk, with an acid tone, grabbing her by the collar of her jacket.
“It’s not your business, you should know it... vampires are our enemies, we must kill them... these are the rules...” the brunette justified.
“The hell with the damn rules when * love* is involved! You can’t understand... tell me that you didn’t kill him...” the blonde yelled desperately, with tearful eyes, shaking the other girl roughly.
“Not technically, but he’s locked in a room with an open window... and it’s almost dawn now... you won’t ever reach him in time...” Kendra explained.
“WHERE?” Buffy roared.
“A bar.. what’s its name? Willie or something..”
“Willie, sure. Just pray he’s still fine, otherwise you’ll go down in history as the fist Slayer .. killed by another Slayer!” she threatened her with an icy look full of hate, before she ran to that bar.


No matter how fast she was running, faster than she had ever ran, Buffy knew that she would arrive there too late, because it was on the opposite side of that cemetery.

The tears rolled down copiously from her eyes as she ran restlessly, until she realized that tears weren’t the only thing that was wetting her face. She raised her head and her desperate tears became happy tears; it was raining copiously and the sky was darkened by huge grey clouds. Once she got to the bar, panting due to the run, Buffy mowed down the door.
Inside the bar, Spike had crouched in a corner of the cage, covering himself with his coat, until he heard the first thunder, so, a little bit fearfully, he raised his head to the open window and his hope was confirmed. It was a double hope, because at the same moment he heard someone mow down the door and when he saw who it was he almost cried due to joy.
“Buffy, luv, you’re alive!” he exclaimed, as she took the keys to set him free.
“Spike! Oh, God, I was so scared...” she exclaimed at the same time, opening the damn lock.
He got out of that cage and a centesimal of a second after, he held her in his arms, peppering her face with small kisses, giving thanks to whoever looked after vampires since those were two of the things he had feared he would never do again during those terrible hours he had been held captive.
“Oh, pet, there was a mysterious girl who wanted to kill you, she locked me here..” he explained between kisses.
“I know, Spike, I know everything.. don’t worry, baby, it was just a misunderstanding, and everything will be fine now!” she answered, hugging him tight.

“Misunderstanding?” he narrowed his eyes.
“You’ll never believe me, but.. guess what? She is a Slayer, just like me!” she informed him.
“That’s why she has that bloody strength, I should have known better. After all, you said that you temporarily died once, so... if when a Slayer dies another one is called...” he figured out.
“You’re right, honey, even if I was only dead for a few minutes. Well, now I’d better go to my Watcher and let him know about her, and you’d better return to the warehouse, too, before they start worrying, before * she* starts worrying! Take advantage of the stormy weather...” she suggested to him and, after one last kiss, he followed her advice... but he came back to her the minute after.

“Pet, is there any chance for us to spend some time together before I go? After all, Dru and my minions are supposed to be sleeping now, no one will notice my absence...” he said, getting closer to her.
“And you? Aren’t you sleepy, * vampire *?” she teased him, wrapping her arms around his neck.
“Well, kitten, you’ll have to find a way to keep me awake then!” he raised his eyebrow with a seductive attitude, and before he could finish his sentence, he found himself on his back with his lips stuck to Buffy’s as she straddled her vampire.


-----------------------------------------------------------------
As she did every morning, Willow went to Buffy’s house, but after ringing and knocking at the door repetitively without getting an answer and taking advantage of the stormy weather, she had run to Angel’s flat, now that she knew where he stayed.
“Oh, Angel, I’m so worried for Buffy. Maybe something happened to her as it did yesterday...” she commented as they walked back towards Buffy’s house.
“Why? What happened yesterday?” Angel wondered.
“There was a policewoman who called Buffy for a demonstration, but when she showed up the woman began shooting at her furiously.. almost as she was sent to kill her.. which she didn’t manage to do, thank God!” Willow informed him.
Those words made Angel thoughtful.

he shook his head, without saying anything to Willow.

“Maybe someone attacked her inside her house and now she is unconscious... if only I could get in...” Willow said, and then she noticed a partially opened window. She opened it and sneaked through it, going to the main entrance to open the door to Angel who had stayed outside.
“Come in!” she invited him in.
“It’s not that easy, honey, only the owners of this house can invite me in,” Angel explained.
“Oh no, it’s not safe outside, what if the rainstorm ends? Wait. You did say ‘owners’, right? Just wait...” she said as she took the cordless phone while Angel wondered what she was about to do.
“Hello, Mrs. Summers? It’s Willow here. Buffy is in the shower and there’s a deliver guy who brought something for you, but he is so polite that he wouldn’t get in unless he’s invited by you... So, could you please invite him in?” Willow wondered as she held the receiver towards the vampire, making sure also Angel listen to that phone call.
“Oh, sure. Well, polite guy, you can get in, don’t worry!” the woman said and Angel crossed the barrier.
“Thank you, Joyce, sorry for bothering you, have a nice day, bye!” she hung up.
“You are a genius, love!” he smiled, giving her a quick kiss. “Well, it seems that Buffy is not here, maybe we can find some clues upstairs that can help us to figure out what happened, I’ll check...” he said, going upstairs.

Willow was about to follow him, when she heard someone knock at the door and when she opened she saw an odd man with big glasses and a small suitcase.
“Hello, I’m Norman Pfister with (holds up the case) Blush Beautiful Skin Care... I’m not selling anything, so I won’t ask you to buy, just to accept a few free samples!”
“Uhmm... did you say ‘free samples’?” Willow asked and the man confirmed it.

< Well, why not? Joyce and Buffy will be happy to have some nice stuff!> she thought, letting him in.

TBC


So? Am I forgiven? ;)

p.s. Later, I'm gonna update 'bit by bit' , too, I swear! ;)