Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you all as always!!! You always make my day!! ;)
The Chosen.. Two (II )
( I still took a little something from ‘What’s my Line?’ pt 2)

“A Slayer, and I’m here to serve and obey faithfully to you, everything for the mission!” Kendra went on, posing like a soldier.
“Ok, Kendra, thank you. Well, Buffy, I think you could learn from her how to behave!” Giles commented, smiling at Kendra.
“Oh, yeah, she is so good and perfect that she almost killed me because she had mistaken me for a vampire, tell me if this can be called being a good Slayer!” Buffy struck back, rolling her eyes.
“What’s this story?” Giles asked, narrowing his eyes and looking at Kendra.
“Yeah, you heard it right. She found me around last night and she tried to stake me!” Buffy explained.
“Well, Kendra, it seems a pretty lame excuse to me to attack her just because you saw her at night, you had no proof.. “ the Watcher scolded her, as the two Slayers glared at each other.
“Hey, that is not the whole truth and you know it!” Kendra accused her, but before she talked too much, Buffy made things right.
“Yeah, ok. Maybe I forgot to mention that you found me in a graveyard and you had also previously seen me kill someone on the ice skating rink, and that this someone looked apparently human, too..” the blonde added.
“What?” Giles and Willow exclaimed at unison.
“Well, there was a very odd guy who had been sent to kill me, just like that policewoman..” Buffy explained.
“Or the worm guy!” Willow added, trembling at the memory.
“Or the worm guy.. eeeww! What’s this disgusting story?” Buffy asked, making a horrified face.
“This morning I came to get you to go to school, but you weren’t home. I got worried, so I called Angel, we got inside your house and...”
“Wait. How did he get in?” Buffy cut her off.
“Well, it’s a long story, I’ll tell you later all about that. Anyway, when your mom comes back, please pretend like you received something by a delivery guy...” Willow explained, puzzling her friend even more, before the redhead resumed telling her story. “So, Angel was upstairs, searching for some clues to figure out where you could be, and then the bell rang and I opened the door. There was a kind of street vendor, he was so kind, I thought you and your mother would enjoy some free stuff, so I made a big mistake, I invited him in... and when I less expected...” she trailed, as all of the sudden she was at a loss for words, shivering and trembling at the too vivid memory.
Angel hugged her and continued telling the story for her.
“Well, I went downstairs just in time to see him start decomposing into thousands of little worms, but before they could even touch Willow, I had already swept her in my arms and ran away as fast as I could...” he explained.
“Eeeww! Do you mean that... eeeww… my poor house... is full of ... eeeww... I can’t even say it!” Buffy complained with the most disgusted face she had ever made.
“No, don’t worry, we came back to check, and he wasn’t there anymore...” Willow reassured her.
“Truth is that now he thinks that I am Buffy Summers, because I’m the one who opened the door!” Willow got worried.
“Well, he’s not the only one who mistook you for the Slayer!” Angel commented to diminish the tension, giving her a sweet little kiss.
“Anyway, we don’t even know who he is...” Willow went on.

“Well, I guess I can lend a hand here...” Giles announced, pointing at the page of a book. “We found our man... or our worms!” he corrected himself. “The book says that he belongs to the Order of...”
“Taraka!” Angel anticipated him, finding the confirmation to his previous doubts.
“ Right. But this is not good,” the Watcher added.
“Buffy, the Order of Taraka is a group of bounty killers that won’t stop until they’ve accomplished their mission... and in this case their mission is to kill you, and I’m sure that Spike’s behind all this, he might have called them...” Angel warned her.
“My Watcher sent me here, because he said that something bad was happening... and I guess this is the something he hinted!” Kendra commented.
“Well, surprise, surprise!” Buffy exclaimed, rolling her eyes bored. “I mean, we all know that Spike and I are mortal enemies, we hate each other very, very, very much; so it’s more than normal stuff if he wishes me dead... that’s what mortal enemies do!” Buffy answered, as both Kendra and Willow stared at her with a knowing look.
“Back to ... eeeww... the worm guy, does the book say how to kill it?” Willow changed subjects and Buffy was ever thankful for that.
“Yes, it says that he can be eliminated only when he’s not assembled...” Giles explained.

“Orders sent to kill people... horrible worm guys?! Hey, guys, can anyone explain to me what’s going on here?” Xander exclaimed as he got into the library, because he had accidentally eavesdropped the last part of their conversation. “But first of all... who is she?” he added, pointing at Kendra, because he seemed unable to tear his eyes off the fascinating brunette.
Beyond her cold and impassable attitude, Kendra didn’t seem to disdain the guy looking at her at all.
“Well, Xander, this is Kendra, the Slayer Number Two, ask the others for the whole story. Kendra, this is Xander, a dear friend of mine!” Buffy made the introductions as they shook their hands.
“I’m here to serve you, Sir!” Kendra exclaimed, posing like a soldier once again. “Uh! I mean... it’s nice to meet you... I mean...” Kendra stuttered, and only in that moment Buffy figured out how unsure and clumsy she was with other people of her same age, especially if they were boys.
She must have had a very tough and severe education, maybe since she was just a little girl... and due to that fact, Buffy pitied her a little bit.
“So, are you new here?” Xander wondered.
“Yes, and I’ll stay here for a while, as long as my presence is required... and it seems that you really need me now, because Buffy is not good enough!” Kendra commented, a little bit cockily.

Buffy thought furiously, forgetting all the compassion she had previously felt for her.

TBC

Spike is coming back, are you happy? ;)
The next chapter is called ‘Two to go’, but don’t worry, it has nothing to do with that episode!!

And later I’ll update ‘Bit’ , too, promised! ;)