Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so, so, so much!!! ;) I’m happier and happier..
Two to go (II)
( I took something from ‘What’s my line?’ but it’s very, very different!)


In front of them they saw the fake policewoman, but before she could shot again Spike was already behind her, holding her still.
“But... you... you are not supposed to help her!” the woman snapped puzzled, trying uselessly to break free.
“I’m supposed to do what the bloody hell I please!” he struck back.
“Spike, let her go...” Buffy exclaimed.
“What?” Spike asked, more puzzled than the policewoman.
“Everyone in the school must have heard the shot; they will be here any moment now. Do you know what that means?” she tried to make him understand.
“Ok, so...” he said, snatching the gun from the woman’s hand and throwing it away. “Now that you are on the same level, have fun with her, Slayer Number Two!” he went on, pushing her towards Kendra, who was ready to welcome her.
“So, are you another Slayer? I’ll kill you, too, then!” she threatened the Caribbean girl, hurling to her.
“You can try!” Kendra struck back, starting a frenzied fight.
“I can hear someone coming..” Spike commented.
“Me, too.” Buffy confirmed. “So, are you ready to act as mortal enemies?” she asked.
“Always, pet!” he smirked, capturing her within his iron grip.


After a few minutes, as they had foreseen, a crowd rushed to where they were and in the first row were Giles, Miss Calendar and Xander. In the meantime, Buffy had broken free from Spike and they kept fighting a fake furious battle. Giles wanted to help her, but Buffy motioned him not to. The fake policewoman had drawn out a knife, but luckily Kendra had dodged before she could hurt her, so the woman ended up cutting only her black T-shirt.
“Hey! That’s my favorite T-shirt! Grrrr, now it’s personal!” she snapped, resuming attacking her more violently.
“Alright! Now you’re fighting with passion, my dear!” Buffy incited her as she defended herself from Spike’s ‘attacks’.
Kendra managed to grab her opponent’s hand that held the knife, pushing it against her heart, making her enemy kill herself with her own weapon. Buffy and Spike exchanged an understanding look, and immediately after, the bleached vampire started backing off slowly.
“See, Spike? We’ve eliminated every killer you sent to kill me. So, just run away and go tell the Order to stop right now, got me?” she ordered to him very coldly.
“I’ll do that, Slayer, but just due to one bloody good reason: I’ll enjoy much more killing you on my own the next time!” he growled at her with the same coldness, before running away.

“The show is over, people, now you can go back to whatever you were doing!” Buffy warned the crowd, coming closer.
Everyone left without question, mostly because they all realized they lived in anything but a calm and safe town.
“Are you two ok?” Giles asked the two Slayers.
“Sure, and I guess my Watcher will be very proud of me..” Kendra exulted, drawing out the knife from her enemy’s heart and deciding to keep it as a souvenir.
“I’m proud of you, too!” Giles smiled at her, patting her shoulder.
“I’m fine, too. Finally it’s over.. well, there is still one to go..” Buffy commented.
“No, Buffy, it’s over for real. Angel and I took care of that.. thing!” Willow informed her, reaching them.
“Anyway, Buffy, why didn’t you kill Spike? After all, you had the chance..” Xander commented.
“Yeah, Xan, that’s so brilliant.. since Spike is the only one who can tell the Order to stop, so if I killed him no one would do that and the bounty killers would hunt me forever!” Buffy explained, and Xander smacked his palm against his forehead, calling himself a stupid repetitively.

“So, it seems that my job here is done, and I can finally go back home now!” Kendra commented, but Xander grieved hearing those words and she noticed that. “I’m so sorry, Xander, I guess you’ll never get to show me the whole town, but thank you anyway, I really appreciated it..” she went on, showing him something that no one had seen yet so far: a smile. “Well, I’d better leave now, there’s an airplane that is about to take off..” she explained, but Buffy cut her off.
“No, Kendra, this time promise me that you’ll travel first class, because you deserve it. Please, let me give you an advice, be more of a girl and less of a Slayer, at least sometimes!” Buffy smiled at her, before hugging her, catching her off guard.
“I’ve got an advice for you, too, Buffy, be careful!” she whispered to her, hugging her back and the blonde Slayer knew exactly what she meant.
“Don’t worry, Kendra, I know what I’m doing, I really do!” she reassured her, before the brunette said her last goodbye to everyone and left.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
“.. So, see? Now I’m the only Slayer in town, once again!” Buffy explained to Spike who had come to see her at her house for the first time, the night after, as they both sat on the windowsill in Buffy’s bedroom.
It was already late night, because, after all the trouble of the previous day, the vampire had woken up very late.
“The only one that I want!” he smiled sweetly at her, looking deeply into her green eyes. “C’mon, sunshine, tell me once again about how Red and Boring Boy managed to defeat that sodding worm guy!” he incited her.
“Again? Uff, I’ve already told you enough times. Anyway, they found him/it, made it follow them and to go faster that horrible thing separated itself into thousands of... eeeww... little worms, but a part of the floor was covered with glue, so they remained stuck and Willow and Angel killed them one by one... eeeww… but this is the last time I tell you that, otherwise I think I’ll end up puking!” Buffy summoned him.
Spike burst out laughing, but then he became scarily serious.
“Buffy, you know, there is a specific reason why I’m here..” he warned her.

TBC