Author's Chapter Notes:
thank you so much, Allison and Aisling! ;)
sorry everyone for this late!
Eh eh, I see that this mysterious reason made you anxious! But now you just have to breath and relax, because I personally think this is one of the funniest chapter ( both parts I and II)of the whole story, so enjoy! ;)


Chapter twenty one: Chat and Chocolate (I) ( I took a couple of sentences form ‘ What’s my Line?’ pt 2 and ‘ Becoming’ pt 2..)

”Do you remember when I told you that I would heal Dru without harming anyone.. Well actually.. it requires a life, or I’d better say an un-life..” Spike explained.
“Who?” Buffy interrogated him with the same seriousness he was showing.
“An-gel!” he covered his answer with a fake cough.
Buffy gasped, bringing her hand to her mouth.
“So, Willow was right!” she thought out loud.
“Uh?” Spike tilted his head, confused.
“It’s a long story, I’ll tell you another time. What are you gonna do with him anyway?” she asked.
“”I’m thinking maybe a dinner and a movie.. I don’t want to rush into anything, I’ve been hurt, you know..” Spike joked.
“Spike! This is not witty-time, so quit it, otherwise I’ll push you down the windowsill! Seriously, what?” she snapped.
“Ok. I’ll chant for a while and then I’ll put the cross you have seen between Angel and Dru who will be tied together by an arm, so his energy will join Dru ’s, effectively healing her..” he explained.
“But that means that Angel will die!” Buffy protested.
“You said you don’t like him much!” he justified.
“Okay, I wouldn’t give him the ‘Funniest Guy’ award, but from that to wish him dead..” she clarified. “Willow’s friends are my friends, too, and we both know he is so much more than a friend to her..” she added.
“You’re right, but no matter what, I gotta help Dru!” he struck back.
“And I can’t let Angel die!” she struck back.
“You know what? Maybe there’s a solution. I could break the spell a little bit before the end, take off the cross.. so Dru would be safe and sound, even if not 100% restored, and Angel would very, very weak.. but still alive. It would just take him a little time to regain all his strength..” he suggested.
Buffy looked at him as her eyes sparkled with thankfulness.
“Would you really do that for Willow?”
“No. Not for the Red, I would do that just for you, just because what upsets her upsets you, too..” he murmured.
“I love you, do you know that?” she hugged him tight.
“Uhmm, yes, I had a dim idea of that..” he smiled, kissing her.

In that same moment, hearing too much noise coming from her daughter’s room, Joyce was already on the corridor on her way to Buffy’s room.
Hearing and seeing the door handle go down, the two blondes parted as quickly as possible.
“Buffy, what’s this mess? Is there someo...” her mother exclaimed, getting in and giving out a little yelp as soon as she saw that her daughter wasn’t alone.
But the woman wasn’t stupid and the two blondes seemed to be way too close for her liking.
“Mommy, sorry, I didn’t want to wake you up, it’s just that he just came here...” Buffy justified, pulling away from Spike even more.
“In the middle of the night?”
“It was urgent!” Spike justified, smiling gently at the woman.
“What’s urgent... and why is he here? But most importantly... who is this guy?” Joyce interrogated her daughter.
Spike and Buffy exchanged an understanding look.
“What? Your mom doesn’t know?” he figured out, but the blonde warned him with her gaze.
“What?” Joyce wondered, more and more eager to know.
“That William and I... are... in a band, maybe I didn’t tell you...” Buffy tried to explain.
“If I wrote a book of all the little things you didn’t tell me... it would turn out to be a multiple volumes work!” the woman commented sarcastically.
“Ha, ha, very funny, mom. Anyway, really, he and I are in a band!”
“Yes. She plays.. the.. the triangle!” he tried to help her.
“Drums!” Buffy yelled at the same time.
“Drums, yeah. You know.. she’s uh.. hell on the old skins!” he corrected himself.
“And tell me, what do you do?” Joyce questioned him, less and less convinced.
“Well, I sing. That’s why I came here, I wanted to let her know about a new song I’m writing, and I needed some advice..”
“At * 2:00 a.m.* ?!” the woman crossed her arms in front of her chest.
“Well, you know… inspiration can’t wait!” he justified with his most innocent smile.
“Oh, no, I think it * can* certainly wait!” Joyce insisted, sending him a very clear message and he got it.
“Ok. Maybe your mom is right, Buffy, I’d better go now. Anyway, about *that song* ... we still can wait a little before writing it, it’s not an emergency for now!” he talked in code and Buffy deciphered the real message.
Spike greeted Joyce with a look and then he jumped off the window.

“But... Why doesn’t he use the door?” she wondered astonished, looking at Buffy.
“Well... you know... he likes to do it that way!” her daughter smiled, shrugging. “Anyway, now it’s all ok, you can go back sleep, and I‘ll do that, too!”
Joyce approached to the threshold, but she turned once again, before leaving.
“There’s still one thing..”
“Yeah?”
“* Juliet*, tell your *Romeo* that if he wants to meet you there’s no needs to do that so late and secretly, resorting to the lamest excuses, too!” Joyce concluded with a smile of satisfaction, closing the door and leaving her daughter dumbfounded.

--------------------------------------------------------------
The day after, Buffy was at school, as always, as Joyce did some house chores, when suddenly, she heard someone ring the doorbell and went to open the front door, surprised when she found the bleached blond guy from the night before standing in front of her. The stormy weather had allowed him to go out, using the alibi of taking advantage of that to hunt in daylight with his minions and Drusilla.
“Good Morning, Romeo!” the woman greeted him with a knowing smile.
“I beg your pardon?” he asked her confused, having no idea what she meant by that.
“Never mind, it’s a long story. Look, if you are looking for Buffy, she is at school now... By the way..” she went on, narrowing her eyes. “Aren’t you supposed to be at school, too?” she asked him.
He had to make a big effort not to burst out laughing.
“Oh, no. You know.. I’m a little bit older than her, so.. no more school for me!” he answered.
“So, what do you do?”
Spike pondered his answer for a while and then he found the perfect one.. that was the truth.. in a certain sense.
“Well, I have a warehouse..”
The woman seemed to be pleased by that, but before she questioned him more about it, he resumed talking.
“Anyway, no, I’m not looking for Buffy, I just wanted to talk with you. So, could you please let me in?” he wondered.
Actually, he didn’t need any invitations, because Buffy had already invited him into her room the night before, but he wanted to show Buffy’s mom he had manners.

(End I)

Hope you’ll like it, I’ll update as soon as possible, ok? ;)
And maybe for tomorrow I’ll work on ‘Soul mates ‘ and ‘Bit by Bit’, too, ok? ;)