Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so so so much , Aisling, Allison, BuffyandSpikeForever, I’m glad you still like this (crazy) story! ;)
Chat and Chocolate (II)

”Sure, come in, but... why?” the woman wondered, inviting him in.
“You know, Mrs. Summers...”
“Please, call me Joyce, I prefer it...”
“Ok, Joyce, you strike me as the very smart type, so tell me, you didn’t buy the story of the rock band, did you?”
“Not even for a second!” she struck back.
“Honestly, I don’t want to fool you, so I’m gonna tell you the truth. Buffy and I have been in love for a while, and believe me, it’s something serious. I’m gonna treat her the best that I can, because I really, really care about your daughter and I hope you’ll agree of our relationship...” he explained, looking into her eyes with so much seriousness to almost subjugate her.
“You know... William, right? I have to admit that I appreciate honesty in people, and you just showed me that, so you’ve earned some points. Anyway, I can’t make a decision about this so quickly, so you’ll have to tell me more, so... would you like a hot chocolate while we talk?” the woman suggested with a smile, inviting him in the kitchen.
“Of course, thanks. By the way, I was wondering if you have some of those little puffy things... what’s their name?” Spike dared to ask, but the woman seemed to know exactly what he meant because she opened a drawer, drawing out a packet of the puffy sweets.
“Marshmallows?” she smiled, handing him the packet. “We never run out of these at our house; you know? Buffy is fond of this stuff!” she explained.
“She’s not the only one!” he smiled, taking one.
“So, if you’ve been seeing each other for a while, how is it that I hadn’t seen you so far?” Joyce wondered as she poured the chocolate in two cups, handing one to Spike.
“Well, first, I’ve been here in Sunnyhe… er, Sunnydale just for a few weeks; second, I generally spend my days at my warehouse...” he started explaining.
“Oh, so you work very hard!” she smiled at him.
“Yeah, you could say that...” he answered, blowing on his cup and bringing it to his mouth. “Actually, it’s not only due to... uh... my work... truth is that I have a very odd disease that prevents me from being exposed to direct sunlight... So, you know, since today is grey and cloudy...” he justified as he took the first sip of chocolate.
“I understand. And now that you mention it, you really are kind of pale. Anyway, poor you, what a terrible disease! How long have you been suffering of that?” the woman asked concerned, patting his shoulder to comfort him.
“Oh, well... it’s been a long time, since my rebirth... birth! I meant birth!” he corrected himself.
“So I guess you met Buffy at night...”
“Exactly. It was my first day in this town. I went to a club to have some fun and Buffy was there, too... wait! You do know that Buffy usually goes there... don’t you?” Spike asked, fearing all of the sudden that he had talked too much, putting his beloved in trouble with her mom.
“Don’t worry, that is one of the very few things she’s told me!” Joyce smiled, so he resumed talking, calmer, as he dunked a marshmallow into the chocolate.
Joyce observed that, feeling touched and amused, because his attitude had something remotely childish in it.

“Coming back to what I was saying, Buffy was there with her friend... I don’t remember her name... but you must know her, she’s a redhead...”
“Willow?” Joyce helped him.
“Yeah, right. Buffy saw me, I saw her... and a minute after we were already on the dance floor, hugging during a slow song... and ever since that night we have kept seeing each other, but for now Buffy and I prefer to tell no one about that, so it’s only you and Willow that know for now, and I would appreciate it very much if it still remained a secret for a while...” Spike begged her, taking both of their cups once they were done drinking, and pulling them in the washbasin.
“Thank you, William, and don’t worry, I’ll keep your secret... although I think you should tell the others, too...”
“Maybe one day we’ll do, when it’s the right moment, but definitely not now...” he said vaguely. “Now, I’d better go back to my minions...”
“Minions?! You know, boy, that’s not the most proper word to call your workers, it’s kinda offensive for them!” Joyce scolded him, shaking her head disappointedly.
“Uh! You’re right, Madame, please, forgive me. Thanks for everything, I really had a good time...” he smiled, kissing the back of her hand and that impressed the woman.
“Me, too!” she smiled back, a little bit puzzled again, as she walked him to the door.
“Bye, Joyce, Buffy is lucky for having such a great mother as you are. And I hope you know that I care about your daughter, I really, really do!” he said, leaving and practically running back to the warehouse, before the sun decided to show up, putting him in deep trouble.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Buffy came back home at the end of her school day and she found her mother in the living room waiting for her with her arms crossed in front of her chest and a ‘Did-you-really-think-I-would-have-never-find-it-out?’ look in her face.
“What’s the matter?” Buffy gave in immediately, sitting on the sofa and getting ready for a long chat.
“Guess what? This morning... a certain someone paid a visit to me...” her mother started her tale.
“Who?” Buffy asked absently.
“Well, let’s just say that... although he’s *not* in a band... he *sang*, my dear, so now I know everything!” Joyce explained kinda amused, when she saw her daughter jump on the sofa.
“What... what does ‘everything’ mean exactly?”
“He told me that you two are in love, that he cares about you a lot, that you’ve been hanging out for a while... so, Missy, when the hell did you plan to tell me all that?” Joyce snapped.
“Well, mom, I would... I was just waiting for the right moment...” she justified.
“The right moment has come. You know, I didn’t ask him because it would have been kind of personal, but I’m gonna ask you, how far have you gone with him so far?” her mother questioned her.
“Mom! I’m not going to give you the details, but I can tell you that we haven’t done *that* yet. He respects me, because I’m still not ready, but I’ll be soon. You’ve always told me to wait for the right person, and believe me, he’s the right one for me…” she informed her mother with dreamy eyes.
“You’re not my little girl anymore, sweetie, I know I have to accept that... but please, promise me you’ll be careful!” the woman begged her.
“I’ll be!” Buffy swore, hugging her.
“After all, he’s such a good match for you, he hinted something about his job, I’m just sorry for his disease...”
“Job? Disease?!” Buffy frowned.
“There’s no need to pretend anymore, I told you I know everything. He has got a warehouse and he’s allergic to sunlight...” her mother explained and Buffy almost burst out laughing, but then she became serious.
“Anyway... was he rude? Did he scare ... or threaten you?” she got worried.
This time, her mother was the one laughing, for real.
“You are kidding, right? He’s a perfect gentleman, so polite, so kind... so much so that he reminds me of those gallant men of the 1800’s, you know?” Joyce smiled.
“If only you knew how right you are!” Buffy thought out loud.
“What?” Joyce frowned.
“Uh! Nothing, nothing..”

TBC

Joyce and Spike’s chocolate is such a special moment, that it couldn’t miss in this FF!
Well, this is the end of Act I, all I can say is that Act II will be longer, full of surprises, action, lots of spuffyness. And yeah, also sexual situations...
Are you ready? ;)

Next chapter will be 'Surprise' but it's just a coincidence, nothing to do with that episode

p.s. Tomorrow I’ll update ‘bit’, too, I swear, this time for real. ;)