Author's Chapter Notes:
Eh eh yesterday ‘Bit’ now SA once again! :)

See? I' ve been fast this time :-o
Thank you, Allison, Aisling, BuffyandSpikeforever! I’m glad you still like it and I hope you’ll still do

Chapter twenty two: Surprise

“Sweetie, I’m so sorry!” Joyce exclaimed, when they returned home after shopping all day.
“Mom! This is the umpteenth time you say that; don’t worry, I know it’s not your fault if you have to leave tomorrow...” Buffy answered.
“But it’s your birthday! What kind of mom does that make me?” Joyce blamed herself.
“It makes you a mom who is very busy with her job but who has already made her daughter forgive her... and lots I might add!” Buffy smiled at her, drawing out one of the gifts that Joyce had bought for her from one of the shopping bags. It was a beautiful long black totally cut-work dress with a petticoat to match it, of course, but the neckline was really low. “Thank you so much, Mommy!” she exulted, putting it in front of her as she stared at herself in the mirror.
“Anything for my baby!” her mother smiled, hugging her.
“It will be perfect for the party at the Bronze...” Buffy added, but Joyce looked at her in disbelief, crossing her arms.
“Don’t act coy with me, Missy! I know you’re going to wear it for a special occasion with * William*!” the woman commented as the blonde girl blushed straight away.
“You really know me, don’t you?”
“That’s what mothers do! Anyway, I’m sure he’ll appreciate that!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was Buffy’s special day. Joyce had left early in the morning, and Buffy had gone to school, as always, but there was something different, all the ‘Happy Birthdays!’ she had received along with some teasing, too. She had been pleasantly surprised when she had got into the library and she had found a packet for her. After unwrapping it, she discovered a compilation of her favorite artists.
“Thank you so much, Giles!” she hugged him.
“Well, honestly… Jenny helped me choose it, you know, I’m not very expert about that noise you mistake for music!” he explained.
“I’ll thank Miss Calendar, too, then! Alright, I can’t wait to train along with this CD!” she smiled, waving her gift in front of her Watcher’s eyes, before leaving.
“Instead, I really *can * wait!” he sighed, rolling his eyes as if he almost repented for that gift, thinking about the racket that would fill the training room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although it was her Birthday, her Slayer duties didn’t particularly stop due to any holidays or particular events. Anyway, she had allowed herself to do a shorter patrol, asking Angel to continue patrolling for her. So, it was 9:00 p.m. and she was already at home, ready to enjoy the real cherry on the cake, because that night Spike and she would make love for the first time. After relaxing with a pleasant warm bath, she had put the famous dress on and pulled up her hair, leaving a few curls to escape so they framed their face. She had just finished arranging her hair, when she heard the doorbell.
“It can’t be Spike, he told me that he’d be here at 11:00 p.m.!” she thought out loud perplexed, going to the door to open it.
As soon as she did it, people began rushing inside her house, yelling a general ‘Surprise!’
Buffy questioned the two main suspects with her eyes: Xander and Willow. In fact, she headed towards the kitchen with them in tow.
“Hey! I thought this was for this Saturday at the Bronze!” Buffy stated, but it sounded almost... like a protest.
“Well, that’s what we made you believe, eh, eh! Truth is that it’s now!” Willow smiled, starting to open all the huge packets of crisps, popcorn and other snacks she had brought and put them in some bowls.
“Otherwise, what kind of a surprise party would it be?” Xander added.
“The real problem is that someone spread the word. So now your house is full of people and you don’t even know most of them!” Willow apologized to her best friend, going to the living room with the others.
“Yeah, I noticed that. Anyway, thank you, guys, you’re great. This was so unexpected, but I appreciate it!” Buffy forced herself to smile because right then she didn’t really feel like smiling at all.
How was she supposed to tell Spike that they couldn’t have their special moment anymore?
But for the moment she didn’t want to think about it, until 11:00 p.m. she was free to enjoy her party.
“But.. Buffy. Were you waiting for someone?” Xander asked her.
“What?” Buffy said, wondering if her friend started being suspicious.
“Your dress..” he explained.
“Oh! This. I was just trying it on for the Saturday’s party.. that is taking place.. right now! It’s a lucky coincidence, isn’t it?” she smiled, walking towards the other people.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Among music, dances, sandwiches, drinks and stuff like that, time ran out and it was already 11:00 p.m..
“Guys, I’ll take all the gifts to my room!” Buffy announced, but no one seemed to listen to her.
She went upstairs, getting into her room, where she found a certain someone waiting for her.
“Pet, what the bloody hell are all those people doing here now?” Spike asked her, as he sat on her bed. “Oh, I’m a bad rude man, because I forgot to tell you two things: first, happy birthday, and second, you look amazing, sunshine!” he added.
“Oh, Spike! I’m so, so sorry, I didn’t expect it, but my friends organized a surprise party for me. I’m afraid we won’t be able to do that thing...” she explained, locking the door to prevent anyone from getting in.
She kept staring at the floor, because she didn’t have the courage to face Spike’s disappointed look. But disappointment wasn’t exactly what the gorgeous vampire felt at that moment.
“What? Luv, you know how bloody much I’ve been dreaming about this moment, and I’m not going to wait one day, one hour and one minute longer! Plus, I don’t see what the problem is...” he struck back, pointing at the window with his eyes.
“But... party... people... not alone...” she stuttered telegraphically.
“Bugger this! Do you really think someone will notice your temporary absence? Let me tell you something, parties are always about people and confusion, no one cares if the celebrated person is missing, they’re too busy minding their own sodding business! Trust me, they won’t even notice that you’re not here...” he began persuading her, adding a kiss that left her breathless to his words.
“Mm... you are so persuasive. Ok, I just hope you’re right. Anyway... how did you know that my place wasn’t free?” she asked him with curiosity.
“I had already planned this night even before knowing that. And your house isn’t involved in my plans!” he sneered.
“Where, then?” she wondered as he led her to the window.
“Come with me and you’ll find it out...” he invited her, jumping on the windowsill and helping her to jump on the tree.

(End I)

Well, do you wanna know where Spike is taking Buffy? Eh, eh don’t miss next part! ;)
I’ll update asap! ;)

And maybe tomorrow I’ll update ‘Voices’, too!