Thank you as always!!
Well, Allison, if you asked for something romantic.. I hope you’ll be pleased! ;)

Surprise (II) (I got inspired from two little sentences from ‘Dead Things’ ( my favorite moment of my favorite episode!! Awww) and ‘Potential’)

When Spike led Buffy to his car, she made a very unconvinced face.
“You’re not planning to do *that* there, are you?” she asked him.
“No, I’ll just drive you to a special place. Anyway, remember, if you love me, you’ve gotta love my car, too!” Spike answered with a cold look, opening the car door to her.
“Why? Is this supposed to be a car?” Buffy struck back.
“Slayer!” he warned her with a not so playful growl.
“I was just kidding, honey!” she smiled, getting inside the car.
After a few minutes they arrived to the place that Spike had chosen, but Buffy didn’t know where they were, due to the simple reason that Spike had blindfolded her on purpose.

“Can I take it off now?” she asked him as curiosity devoured her.
“Change tunes, pet, it’s been five bloody minutes that you’ve kept asking me that!” Spike said back as he led her towards the entrance. “Hold on just one more minute!” he ordered to her as she could clearly hear the noise of him starting his lighter, followed by a pleasant warmness that heated up the way too cold place. “Here! Now I’m done, you can open your eyes, sunshine...” he informed her, coming back to her. “Surprise!” he exclaimed, taking off her blindfold.
Buffy took a look around ecstatically.

They were in the crypt where they had spent the night before Kendra made things harder for them, but Spike had decorated it with great care, doing a very good job: there was a mattress that was very similar to the one they had used in the gym or maybe it was the same one, there was a carpet close to it and they both were covered by petals of red roses. There were lighted candles all around and in a corner there were a bottle of champagne and two flutes.
“Oh, my god! Spike, this is wonderful. I know that this is a crypt... but it’s cozy!” she smiled at him.
“You know, I ate a decorator once... maybe something stuck!” he sneered, inviting her to sit on the carpet, taking the bottle and the two glasses. “We’re just missing soft music, I’m sorry. Well, I got some CDs in my car, but I don’t think that the Ramones and the Sex Pistols would be appropiate!” he added chuckling, opening the bottle and filling the glasses, giving one to Buffy. “To us and to this long night!” he made a toast, raising his glass and touching Buffy’s with it and then they both emptied the content.

“Well, I’m afraid it won’t be a very long night, I should go back at least at 1:00 a.m. … just to be there at the end of the party...” she said worriedly.
“So, let’s enjoy two unforgettable hours, then...” he murmured, kissing her tenderly, but demandingly, too, but after a while the bleached blond vampire stopped, because he felt her slightly different from usual.
“Pet, you’re so bloody tense. Don’t tell me it’s due to the sodding party, I’ve already told you that...” he trailed, placing himself behind her to massage her shoulders.
“Mm... Oh, god, something tells me that you ate a whole team of massagers, too, mm... Anyway, no, it’s not that, it’s just that... mm... I’m going to make love with you and it’s my very first time, so... What if I am not worth a second go?” she confessed, very concerned, biting her lower lip as she always did when she was nervous.
Spike answered her by bursting out laughing maniacally.
“Hey! I admit my fears and you dare to laugh? You’re really evil!” she protested, punching him lightly on his shoulder.
“I’m laughing because usually it’s the man who has performance anxiety!” he cleared.
“Yeah, by the way, c’mon, are you nervous?” she teased him.
“It’s not my case, baby. Do you wanna know why? First, I’ve *never* failed!” he bragged with such a cocky smirk that made Buffy almost want to erase it from his face punch after punch.
But Spike saved himself with the second reason why. “And mostly, because I love you, you love me, so that’s enough to make it wonderful!” he murmured softly.

< The poet’s return!> she thought, kissing him so impetuously that she smashed him on the carpet, beneath her.

It didn’t take Spike too much to switch their roles, starting to study her complicated dress with only one goal, to figure out how to take it off.
“Spike, this is a very precious and delicate dress and I really care about it, so... WATCH IT!” she warned him, knowing very well about his hardness and ardor.
He covered her mouth with the umpteenth searing kiss, starting to pull up her dress to bare her pretty legs, but Buffy started, getting on the alert when she heard the horrible and unmistakable noise of a rip.
“Ssppiiiiiiiikkkkke!” she roared, breaking their kiss and examining her dress with a 360 degree panoramic.
He chuckled amused.
“Relax, I was just kidding, pet!” he explained, showing her that he had ripped something, but that it was just the edge of the carpet.
“Oh, you so love to live in the edge, my Big Bad!” she smiled, giving him a little shove that sent him back to the ground. “I really hope you’re right about the others...” she wished as she crawled on him, taking good care of his leather coat and his red shirt, getting rid of them. “But now it’s time to unwrap my real gift!” she sneered.

********************************************* (In the meantime)

Xander had thrown himself in the crowd, dancing, chatting with some of his friends and trying to get to know new people, too, since he had always been a very sociable guy.
Among all the boys and the girls he couldn’t see Buffy, but it was more than comprehensible, it was her party, after all, so he couldn’t expect her to spend the whole night with him.
Plus, his gaze had already fallen on someone else, someone that he surely didn’t expect to find there.

TBC

And next chapter will be ‘The party goes on’... in every sense of the word, eh eh! ;-P