Hi everyone, thank you so much! This is such a happy day for me.. because I FINALLY TOOK MY DEGREE !!!!!!!!!!!


A promise to a Lady (II)

“Come out and show yourself, I know you’re here!” the brunette vampire ordered.
“Well, well, well. Nice flat, my compliments! After all, you’ve always had good taste when it’s a matter of abodes, I must hand that to you...” Spike exclaimed, taking a step out of the shadows.
“Spike!” Angel growled, slipping into game-face.
“Save your sharp fangs, buddy, I’m here for business...” he announced, cockily approaching him. Typical of Spike.
“You know that you are risking a lot by being here, because you could have already been dust by now!” Angel warned him as he came back to his human features.
“Well, while you choose in which ashtray I would fit better, listen to me, first!” he struck back.
“Talk, then!”
“You know better than me that we are surely not sodding best friends, but there’s someone we both care a lot about...” Spike started explaining, becoming scarily serious.
“Drusilla!” Angel easily figured on his own.
“Yeah, she is ill, very ill, and every day she gets worse and worse. She needs you, and you can’t turn your back to her. Bloody hell, we are family!”
“No, we are not. Not anymore!” the brunette struck back.
“Stop with this crap, soul or no soul, she is your Childe and you can’t change that, no one can. I know that you care about her as much as I do, and you can’t let her die like this!” the younger vampire insisted, increasing his tone of voice.
“So, tell me, genius, what the hell am I supposed to do about that? Because I have the odd feeling that it won’t be enough to go to her and simply kiss her on her lips to make it better!” the elder vampire yelled at him, starting to lose his patience.

Spike calmed down.
“Ok, you’re right. There’s a ritual that requests your presence...” he kept on explaining to his Grand Sire.
“Why?” Angel narrowed his eyes.
“Let’s say that your energy will restore her, all I have to do is bind you together and run a special cross through your hands after chanting for a while, so your energy will flow into her veins...”
“Until I die!” Angel interrupted him, crossing his arms in front of his chest.
“Well, not necessarily, that’s the point,” Spike amazed him with his answer.
“Uh?” the other frowned.
“You know... I could take the cross off before it’s too late for you. Dru will be safe, not fully restored, but surely out of any danger...” the blonde vampire explained, astonishing Angel even more.
“And tell me, why would you ever do such a favor to me?” he wondered, skeptical as never before.
“Hey, buddy, don’t flatter yourself. I’m not doing this for you, it’s just that... I made a promise to a lady...” Spike answered, but that made the brunette vampire more confused. “I mean, you know, Dru can claim that she wants you dead as much as she pleases, but we both know the truth, she would never ever forgive me if I killed her precious Daddy!” Spike clarified, imitating his Sire in the last part. “So, no matter how much I would like to see you die in front of my eyes, I bloody can’t let it happen and I bloody won’t. But, listen to me, Dru doesn’t know that I will not finish the ritual...” Spike informed him.
“So, you’re telling me that she doesn’t know about this, but you know that this is what she really wants? That’s crazy!” Angel exclaimed.
“Well, buddy, fresh news: I’ve got a very good teacher in this subject for more than a century!” he chuckled, but his face started darkening immediately after and he became colder.
“Anyway, this is not a joke. So, if you want to help, meet us tomorrow night at the unconsecrated St. Jimmy’s Church, you know where it is, don’t you? But if you don’t wanna help... well, I don’t really give a damn! But watch your back, because I’m gonna make you bloody do it anyway!” Spike threatened him, taking back the blanket he had thrown in a corner and running away as fast as he could to the nearest sewer entrance.

Angel didn’t say anything, he just needed to meditate a little, so he did the only thing that helped him to do that, he lighted the fireplace and started pacing back and forth.
Spike was right, after all Drusilla was his Childe and he knew that he couldn’t letting her face her sad fate without helping, but he wondered if Spike would really keep his word, because he had a lots of doubts about that. On the other hand, he knew very well that every wish of his Sire was an order for Spike, and maybe it was time for him to trust his Grand Childe, at least a little bit. But before doing anything, he wanted to talk about this with Willow, because if something went wrong he desired to spend at least one more time with his beloved girlfriend.

******************************* (In the meantime)
Spike was relieved, because Drusilla seemed to feel better. She slept serenely in their bedroom. Spike took care of the corpse whom she had left at the end of their bed and he was happy, because that meant that she had finally resumed eating, but at the same time he couldn’t help counting down the hours that he had been apart from his beloved Slayer.

******************************** (In the meantime)
Willow hadn’t told the whole truth to her best friend, because those bad dreams kept tormenting her as always, but she hadn’t informed Buffy about the fact that its content had changed. Lately the dreams had begun the same way, but the rest had changed as this time it was just her that dusted Angel at the end as Drusilla laughed amused.
Willow couldn’t figure out what that terrible dream could mean, or maybe she was too worried to find out.

TBC

I don’t wanna scare you (who am I kidding? I do want it!!) , but next chap will be ‘A moment of True Happiness’... so... try to imagine what will happen! ;)

P.S. The St. Jimmy’s Church is just my homage to Greenday; well, if you have their last album (by the way, I have all their CDs!) you’ll know what I mean! ;)


p.s. And tomorrow I promise I'll update ' Voices in the Night' , too! ;)