Hello, I’m back! Sorry for late !
Thank you all, I’m happy you still like it! ;-D

A little warning: very hyper – sugared moment between Spike and Buffy in this part... sorry, hope you won’t find it too sappy! ;)

Chapter 26: A Bitter Change (I took a lot from ‘Innocence’)

The pain was so much that he couldn’t walk straight as he tried to get as far as possible from where he was.
“Oh, no!” he exclaimed, collapsing on the ground.
A prostitute who had finished ‘working’ for that night saw him and got closer, bending over him.
“Hey, are you okay? Do you need me to call 911?” she asked him gently as she smoked a cigarette.
“No...” he answered, getting up very slowly. “The pain is gone!” he said in full game-face, bending towards the ingénue woman and biting her neck violently, before she could react.
“I feel just fine!” he said, throwing the corpse on the ground as he exhaled from his mouth the smoke he had inhaled through the lungs of his victim. “It’s time to go back home!” he sneered, walking away.

******************************** (In the meantime)
Buffy and Spike laid side by side on the girl’s now stripped bed. She had finally fallen asleep a few moments before while he did nothing but admire her. He felt that the sunrise was close, but they were so entwined that he couldn’t get up without waking up his beloved. In fact, at his first attempt to move away with an almost imperceptible move, Buffy had opened her eyes.
“Nooo..” she complained weakly.
“Pet, I gotta go. You know that I can’t stay, although I wish I could...” he explained, kissing her hair, before getting up and looking for his jeans.
“I already miss you, love!” she pouted as he took on his shirt.
“Me, too, sunshine, but for now we can’t... and it will get even worse... Tomorrow Dru will get her cure and that means that she will regain all her powers... and if I make love with you after that she will notice. We’ll have to be very careful. I guess that this night-almost morning is the last one we’d be able to spend together without any worries. From now on I’m afraid I won’t be able to see you as I was so far, there will be just some short visits... at least for now...” he warned her as she listened to him, although she didn’t like that sad speech.
“Does that mean that... you prefer her over me?” she asked shakily, fearing his answer, but Spike just wrapped her inside his coat, giving her the sweetest kiss.
“Don’t ever think that, honey, I made a choice a long time ago, and that choice is you, Buffy, and there’s no turning back. You are to me something that I thought was forbidden, something that I was sure I was denied to ever see again, you are my sun, and I would never give such wonderful thing up...” he whispered, holding her tight.
“And you are my other half, the part that I need to feel really complete, the part that always attracted me but I was too afraid to explore... you are my night, Spike!” she smiled at him, skimming his lips with hers and holding him even tighter. “Don’t leave me, William!” she murmured against his chest, so softly that he could only hear it due to his supernatural hearing.
“Never, kitten, but we need to do this. If Dru found out about us... I know her, she will punish me through my weakest point, and that’s you, my love...” he explained, caressing her hair. “That’s the only way I have to protect you, unless... Bugger it! You know what? I’ll tell her everything before she finds it out on her own and I’m gonna face her directly, so I won’t have to lie to her anymore, because that’s something I hate doing...” he explained.
“If you tell her about us, I will tell all the others about us, too. No more secrets!” she smiled, wiping the tears from her face.
“Yes, luv, we’ll finally be free, but now I’d better go. Just wait for me before telling anyone...” he instructed her, before jumping from her window.

-----------------------------------------------------------
“Well, Dru, I’ll spare you the meeting with your beloved stars and I’ll tell you... you know, sometimes you think that something is forever, but it’s not like that...” Spike stopped, shook his head and started all over again. “Hey, Dru, wanna hear something very funny? There’s a vampire who has fallen in love with... a Slayer, nonetheless!” he said, bursting out laughing. “And the funniest thing is that... “ he added between laughter. “I happen to be that vamp!” he finished, but he became serious again, restarting for the third time. “Dru, listen, I’ve thought about this a lot and I finally realized that I am not enough for you, my dear, because I can’t love you anymore the way I used to... and you deserve so much more. So, I’m gonna heal you because I swore that I would, but after that we’ll take two different ways. I wish you the best and I hope we can still be friends... Yeah, that’s perfect!” Spike told himself, as he headed towards the warehouse.
He didn’t need a mirror to test his speech, since he couldn’t look at his image anymore, but he was glad that he had found the perfect words to break up with Drusilla.
The hard part would be to tell her for real now, but he felt ready and self confident as he crossed the entrance.
But his determination disappeared as soon as he saw the show before his eyes.
“Spike, guess who came back home?” Drusilla smiled, as she clung to Angelus as a python.
“Angel!” Spike snapped, rolling his eyes annoyed, but the two brunette vampires burst out laughing.
“Guess again, * Boy*!” Angelus sneered. Suddenly Spike realized who stood before him, there was no one else who called him like that, no one else who wore that cold and insensible look, and that was confirmed by the two drained corpses behind Angelus and Drusilla’s backs.
“Angelus...” he corrected himself, sitting on a sarcophagus.
“Right, Spike, Daddy has come back to his Princess!” Drusilla exulted, kissing her Sire without any shame... as her Childe looked at them. “Everything in my head is singing. We’re a family again and we’ll feed... Grrr...” the brunette vampiress exclaimed, smiling at Angelus and walking towards Spike, caressing his face and sitting on his lap. “And we’ll play...”
Spike was glad to see her so happy. He remembered the countless times when he’d held her tight as she cried desperately because she missed her Daddy so bad, and he tried his best to comfort her and cheer her up a little bit. But no one had ever cared about how much that hurt him every time.
“So, you’re back, no more soulful stuff... how did it happen?” Spike asked him.
“You wouldn’t believe me!” he laughed.
“Anyway, what about the cure? You still wanna help her, don’t you?” the blond went on and Drusilla got up from his lap to go hug Angelus again.

(End I)

I know, I know, the scene at the beginning is identical to the one in ‘Innocence’, but it’s sooo cool that I couldn’t help but use it, wooow! ;)