Thanks to everyone!! Allison, I’m glad you like the way I use the songs, it’s just that I love doing that! ;)

My Fault (II) ( Once again, I took a dialogue from ‘Innocence’, but it’s different..)

Sure that no one would disturb them, Miss Calendar and Giles had left the door of Jenny’s office open; and they were locked in a very passionate kiss as he pinned her on her desk, when suddenly Willow rushed furiously into the room, making them pull away from each other as they smiled at her a little bit embarrassed. But Willow didn’t even acknowledge the Watcher as she walked up towards the Principal, looking at her in a not so friendly way.
“What do you know? Did you do it? Did you... change Angel?” Willow snapped.
“For God’s sake, calm down! Giles exclaimed, surprised to see her react that way, since he had always thought about her as a very shy and reserved girl.
“What are you talking about? I just told Buffy to tell you not to rush things with Angel... so, I gather she tell you?” Jenny asked confusedly, but the most confused person in the room was Giles.
“She told me this morning, but it was already too late…” Willow explained, lowering her head.
“Oh no, this is bad. This is very bad!” Jenny asked, getting alarmed.
“Did you know that this would happen?” Willow asked her roughly.
“I didn’t know exactly.. I was told..” Jenny answered in a whisper, and after taking a deep breath she went on. “Oh, God, I was sent here to watch you after they found out that Angel and you had met. They told me to keep you and Angel apart. They never told me what would happen..”
Giles looked at her astonished, feeling almost betrayed.
“Jenny!”
“I’m sorry, Rupert. Angel was supposed to pay for what he had done to my people.”
“That’s the ancient family you talked about!” Giles figured out and Jenny nodded.
“And me? What am I supposed to be paying for?” Willow asked with a croaky voice.
“I didn’t know what would happen, I swear I would have told you..”
“So, it was me, I did it!”
“I think so, I mean.. if you..” Jenny trailed.
Giles interrupted them.
“I don’t understand..” he commented, puzzled.
“The curse. If Angel achieved true happiness, even just for a moment.. he would lose his soul..” Jenny explained.
“Ww... what?! H... how could she be the responsible of...?” Giles wondered. Willow exchanged a look with him and he took off his glasses to clean them. “Oh!”
“Oh no, it’s all my fault, I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have involved Buffy, I should have told you; no, I should have better told the truth to you all since the first day!” Jenny struck back with tearful eyes.
“Yeah, you should have!” Rupert commented coldly, glaring at her before leaving, shutting the door violently.
After all, he had already found out enough things for that night and he needed some time on his own.
Jenny understood that and she didn’t even tried to stop him.
Willow was still shocked, she had just figured out the meaning of the terrible dream she kept having: she had killed Angel, setting Angelus free.
The sense of guilty was devouring her.
Jenny approached her.
“If there’s anything that I can do for you...”
“Curse him again!” the girl begged her.
“No... I ... I can’t. I mean, those magic spells are long lost even to my people,..” the woman explained clearly upset.
“You did it once, it might not be too late to save him...” the other insisted.
“It can’t be done, I’m afraid I can’t help you...” the Principal answered.
“Miss Calendar, I trusted you with all my heart, you were a role model to me; you’ve been teaching magic to me. But now, you’ve let me down. So, please, don’t let me down again!” Willow said dryly, leaving.
“I’ll try my best not to...” the woman told herself, once she was alone.

**************************** (In the meantime)

After hunting as fast as he could, Spike walked to a house he knew very well by then, he climbed on the tree and knocked at the glass of the window. Buffy immediately opened to him.
“Hi, love! So, did you tell her? How did she react? Tell me everything!” she welcomed him with a hopeful smile, as he looked at her, tilting his head in confusion.
“I guess you still don’t know what happened...” he figured out as she looked at him puzzled. “Didn’t your friend, the Red, tell you that she played with her boyfriend... a little bit too much?” he wondered.
“Yes, she told me this morning, and she was very agitated, she went away look for Angel... and I’m really worried for her...” she commented.
“You’re right to be worried, because he became again the bloody bastard he used to be. In a word, Angelus is back!” Spike explained to her, and Buffy gasped in shock.
“Oh no! This is terrible! Willow is in danger now and it’s all my fault, I should have warned her when Miss Calendar asked me to do it!” she blamed herself.
“She is not in danger, not for now... well, the only thing that he has broken for the moment is her heart.. Angelus has done nothing but brag for hours about how badly he treated her. Buffy, he’s really going to hurt her, and the best way to do it is to hurt all her friends, you first, I guess. So, my love, be careful, please, don’t try to face him, not now...” he warned her.
“Oh, Spike, this is a nightmare, poor Willow, my poor friend!” Buffy despaired.
“I know, you should be close to her, she must be bloody upset right now...” he advised her.
“What about you? You must be very, very careful, too!” Buffy got worried for him.
“I know, so, I’m sorry, but this is not the right moment to tell everyone about us, honey...” he explained and she nodded.
“What about the ritual?” she wondered.
“Well, nothing has changed about that. Well, the only thing that changed is that now I won’t have to find any excuses with Dru anymore...” the bleached vampire commented.
“What do you mean?”
“Well, you know, Angel was the one who was supposed to heal her, so she would had been puzzled if I wouldn’t kill him after we completed the ritual. I would have told her that it was because at the very end she cared about him, and she didn’t really wish him dead, but I seriously doubt she would have believed me...” he explained.

TBC

And next chapter will be ‘Misunderstanding’, are you ready?

Hopefully, maybe tomorrow I’ll (finally) complete ‘ Try on my World 2’ ;)