Hello, sorry for this big late, but finally I’m back with this story, too! ;)
Thank you so much for your interest, I’m glad you like it so far!

Chapter 28 : Misunderstanding ( There’s a little insinuation from ‘Prophecy’. Lyrics from ‘Sweetest Goodbye’ by Maroon 5. Eh, eh there’s no trouble with chronology here, because this time it’s just a background that, in my humble opinion, fits this situation to a T. Check it out..)

*********************************************** (In the meantime)

Willow was already at Buffy’s porch, ready to tell her everything. She put her hand on the handle and realized that the door was open, so she got inside. She went upstairs and crossed the corridor, but before she could get into Buffy’s room, she stopped, hearing that Buffy was already talking with someone else, and she immediately figured out it was Spike.
She opened the door slightly to hear better what they were saying.

“So, this way I won’t have any problems with him, and it will be better! So, tomorrow, at St. Jimmy’s church, Dru’s health will be finally restored!” he smiled, happy for his Sire, but he grieved when he looked at Buffy. “I’m sorry, honey, but from tomorrow on it will be hard to see each other again, I mean we won’t have as much * quality time * as we used to do... but don’t worry, everything will be fine, it’s just a matter of time!” he smiled at her, caressing her hair and jumping on the windowsill.
“Spike?” she called him out, pouting. The vampire turned. “Won’t you even kiss me?” she asked and he came back to her, holding her tight into his arms and kissing her impetuously, but parting almost immediately. “Don’t I get a second one?” she pouted again and he smiled at her, a bittersweet smile.
“You’d better not. If I taste too many slices... I’ll end up eating the whole cake!” he answered, jumping on the tree and looking at her one last time. “I love you, Buffy, never forget it!” he whispered, leaving.

************************************************* (In the meantime)

< So, this way it will be better... I wonder what way they were talking about. Oh God, Spike is going to finish the ritual and kill him. Oh God, no!> Willow got alarmed, closing the door silently and coming back on the porch.

She knocked at the door as if nothing had happened and waited for Buffy to open.
“Willow!” Buffy exclaimed, hugging her to comfort her friend. “I know what happened, Spike just told me, I’m so sorry!” the blonde explained.
“Oh, Buffy, please tell me that this is just a nightmare, it can’t be true!” the redhead murmured with tearful eyes. Buffy didn’t know what to say, so she confined herself just to look at her friend with sad eyes. “And the worst part is knowing that *I* caused all this trouble, it was me who asked him to make love with me because I had a bad feeling. And I turned that bad feeling into reality. I’m ashamed of myself, Buffy, and you and all the others should hate me!” she exclaimed.
“Believe me, Will, I know how you feel. Do you remember the Master? I wanted to leave town I didn’t feel like facing him, because the prophecy said that the Master would break free, so I stayed and I happened to be the key to his freedom! So, you see, prophecies, dreams and all this stuff are always unclear and they might confuse you a lot. But Will, it’s not your fault, you didn’t know what could happen. I was supposed to tell you when Miss Calendar asked me and I didn’t. So, I’m the guilty one!” she tried to comfort her.
“No, Buffy, even if you had told me, I know that I wouldn’t have followed that advice. So, I’m the only one to blame!” Willow struck back.
“C’mon, blaming yourself won’t make this better! We just gotta face that. Don’t worry, everything will be fine!” Buffy assured her.

< Yeah, I know how Spike and you are gonna face that. You’ll let him kill Angel... and even worse... you haven’t even talked with me first about it!> Willow thought with a hint of rage, but she managed to cover it.

Following her friend’s advice, in front of a hot chocolate, between tears and comforting hugs, she told everything to Buffy, from the previous night to the meeting with ... the one who was already Angelus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Willow had gone back to her own home and Buffy sat on her bed, crouched as she held tightly Mr. Gordo, her favourite plush toy since she was a little girl. She looked at the window melancholy. It made her very sad that only a few hours before, Spike had came into her house through that same window, and now, God only knew when he would do it again.
She didn’t know when, how and mostly IF things would get well again, mostly because until Spike’s charade with Drusilla was over, Buffy and him wouldn’t be able to start loving each other freely, without hiding anymore.

WHERE YOU ARE SEEMS TO BE
AS FAR AS AN ETERNITY
OUTSTRETCHED ARMS AND OPEN HEARTS
AND IF IT NEVER ENDS THEN WHEN DO WE START?

She just knew one thing for sure, whatever happened she would never turn her back to him, she would never fight against him and she was sure that he also knew that.

I’LL NEVER LEAVE YOU BEHIND
OR TREAT YOU UNKIND
I KNOW YOU UNDERSTAND

She thought back to their last night together, she remembered every move he made, every caress he bestowed on her as they gave each other the sweetest goodbye. No, she knew it was wrong to call it a goodbye.


AND WITH A TEAR IN MY EYE
GIVE ME THE SWEETEST GOODBYE
THAT I EVER DID RECEIVE
PUSHING FORWARD AND ARCHING BACK
BRING ME CLOSER TO HEART ATTACK

******************************* (In the meantime)

Willow was in her room and after getting ready to go to bed, wearing her pyjama with the ducks that Angel had liked so much, she went towards the window, leaning her head against the glass and looking outside as the dark of the night covered the town.
It started raining and that did nothing but increase the girl’s melancholic state.
She had tried to keep being optimistic, telling herself that nothing was lost forever and she’d daydreamed about the day when her Angel would come back to her. But thinking back to the coldness of his words and his look, she wasn’t sure about anything anymore.
The rain dropped down hard and it seemed to beat at the same rate than the poor girl’s heart, shocked by all that had happened. .

DREAM AWAY, EVERYDAY
TRY SO HARD TO DISREGARD
THE RHYTHM OF THE RAIN THAT DROPS
AND COINCIDES WITH THE BEATING OF MY HEART

She wanted to hate him, she wanted to be mad at him, she would like to see him as an enemy, but she couldn’t, it was stronger than her. She was sure that the person with whom she had fallen in love with was hidden somewhere in that container of pure cruelty and senselessness, ,so she couldn’t think of abandoning him and she definitely couldn’t allow that terrible ritual to finish.

I’LL NEVER LEAVE YOU BEHIND
OR TREAT YOU UNKIND
I KNOW YOU UNDERSTAND


Her mind drifted back to their sweet goodbye, as she wished with all her being that it wasn’t a real goodbye.

AND WITH A TEAR IN MY EYE
GIVE ME THE SWEETEST GOODBYE
THAT I EVER DID RECEIVE
PUSHING FORWARD AND ARCHING BACK
BRING ME CLOSER TO HEART ATTACK
SAY GOODBYE AND JUST FLY AWAY

He wasn’t alone and he would never be alone, she wanted him to know that, to understand that.

WHEN YOU COME BACK
I HAVE SOME THINGS TO SAY
HOW DOES IT FEEL TO KNOW YOU’LL NEVER HAVE TO BE ALONE
WHEN YOU GET HOME

Somehow, she desired that Sunnydale was a normal town and that Angel and she were free to love each other as any normal couple. But she knew that that kind of place existed only in her dreams.

THERE MUST BE SOME PLACE HERE THAT ONLY YOU AND I COULD GO
SO I CAN SHOW YOU HOW I FEEL

(End I)

And later I'll also add chapter V of ' Before, Now, Forever'. Now, I'll update the double mess, too! ;)