Thank you so much for reading and reviewing!
And now.. 100% absurd! ;-P

Chapter 30 : Ideas and Disappointments (I took a lot from ‘What’s my line?’ (II), but there’s no need to say that it’s pretty different)

”What are you planning, kitten?” Spike wondered.
“I’ll tell you as I execute it ...” Buffy answered, making her two interlocutors even more curious. “Will, do you think you could make it crash down?” the blonde asked her friend, pointing to the organ at the end of the room.


“Buffy, were you listening to me when I talked with you about my limited powers? You’re asking too much of me, all I can do is change its colour ... but I seriously doubt that that would help you...” the redhead answered, upset for not being more useful.
“Don’t worry. Spike, could you call one of your minions to come in here?” Buffy turned to him.


“I still wonder what you’re planning to do, Slayer...”
“Believe me when I tell you that I think this is the only way to get out of this mess, now it’s you who must trust me, honey!” she explained.


“You know that I do. Just tell me, the vamp I’m going to call…will he be killed?”
“Yup!” she nodded.
“Fine!” he smirked. “Lucius, I’ve found them, get your bloody ass here and help me!” he roared with all the authority he could muster.
The minion arrived immediately after.


“I’m here, Spike, just tell me what I’ve gotta...” but before he could finish the sentence, the blond had already pushed him towards Buffy.
“Have fun, pet!” he smiled at her.
“That’s precisely what I’m gonna do!” she smiled back at him, grabbing the minion by his shoulders and throwing him against the bottom of the organ.


As the Slayer had predicted, due to the very strong impact, not only the vampire got smashed against a piece of wood that dusted him, but he hit the base of the instrument, making it inevitably crash down with a big noise.

“Alright, and now? What the bloody hell did you resolve by doing that?” the vampire wondered, starting to get nervous because he didn’t understand her intentions.
“It’s simple. Now you’ll go under the rubble and it will seem that I’ve sent you there... with the help of a very powerful witch!” Buffy explained, winking at Willow.


“What? They’ll never buy that!” Spike warned her.
“They’ll do after a furious fight... By the way, sorry, my love, but this is just for your safety!” Buffy informed him, before punching his eye, making it black.
“Ouch! Bloody hell, girl, are you insane?” he growled. But he didn’t even manage to say that, because Buffy had already kicked his leg as hard as she could. “Ouch! Slayer, I don’t bloody like the sodding game you’re playing!” he snapped, clutching his leg with his hands. As her only answer, Buffy kicked his other leg as hard as she did with the first one. “Bloody hell, my legs! I can’t walk!” he cursed.
“That’s the spirit, honey, you’re finally getting inside your character!” Buffy congratulated him, helping him to get up and walking him towards the fallen Organ.


“C’mon, Spikey, you’ll be as good as new in less than twenty minutes, but with Angelus and Dru you’ll act as Willow and I seriously damaged you...” she explained. “Uhmm. Maybe it would be perfect if your face was half burned...” she trailed, but she stopped, hearing his growl of protest. “Ok, I know you can’t have everything you want after all! It’ll be enough the way it is now!” she corrected herself as she helped him lay down under the mound of rubble, after cautiously taking away all the too dangerously pointy pieces of wood. “Just lay here until Dru wakes up, she will find you... and you will have more reasons for pretending to hate me...” she explained.


“You know what, Slayer? This time I think that I won’t even need to pretend!” he growled at her.
“Re... really?” she looked at him with very scared eyes, so his beautiful blue eyes regained the tenderness they used to have when they looked at her.

“I was just kidding, my love. I’ve already told you that I’d do anything for you, even play the sodding helpless guy part for a while!” he assured her as she placed a soft kiss on his lips. At the beginning it was supposed to be a very innocent kiss, but they ended up being slaves of their mutual ardent passion.




“Buffy, it’s almost midnight... they could wake up at any moment… we’d better go now!” Willow warned her, taking her away from Spike and making her get up as the two blonde lovers showed their disappointment.


“I’m so sorry, honey, you know that I’d like to lay down there with you... but I can’t. Bye, love, take care and be careful, extremely careful!” she said goodbye to him with sad eyes, blowing him a last kiss as she left the church with Willow.



“Now you’ve gotta tell me what the hell is so wrong with you that made you do the most stupid thing you’ve ever done!” Buffy asked her friend, a little bit roughly, as they returned to her home.
“Well, I was sure that Spike was going to complete the ritual. I heard you two talking and he said ‘So this way it will be better!’, so I thought… And I also thought that you’d agreed with him...”
“And you didn’t tell me? Did you really think that I could do such a horrible thing to you? Willow, I’m your best friend, you should trust me more!” she struck back.


“I know; I know, ok, I was wrong, I’m sorry. But try to understand me... I was so confused, everything happened so fast, I didn’t know what to do, whom to turn to. Well, try to look at it from my point of view, Buffy, what would you do if it was your precious Spike the one in danger?” Willow justified, but she was so engrossed by her speech that she wasn’t even taking a look around, just as Buffy wasn’t either.


“What?!” Giles exclaimed, incredulous as never before.
Xander, Miss Calendar and he were coming from the opposite way, so they had heard their whole speech.

“Oh, my God! Giles, Xan, Miss Calendar... what are you doing here now?” Buffy wondered, getting very uptight.

“Before leaving, I met your Literature teacher and when I asked him about the research. He was puzzled and that puzzled me even more. So, I called Xander and when he assured me that there wasn’t any research, we figured out that something was wrong. That’s why we were going there to find out what was going on ...” Giles explained, but then his eyes focused on Buffy as she tried to avoid his eyes.

(End I)

Just tell me.. did you expect it?
Anyway, I hope you’ll like it! ;)