Sorry for late, but finally I’m back!
Thank you so very much, Allison, , CordyKitten Chelsea and Dell, I’m so glad you still like it! ;)


Chapter thirty-four: Playing For Time (I took some stuff from ‘Becoming’ again... )

“Damn it!” Angelus cursed, getting up.

Drusilla was freaking out, yelling and tearing her hair out, but then she seemed to calm down.

“This is so disappointing!” she complained, whining.

Due to Spike’s witty remarks, Drusilla’s complains and the whole failure of the ritual... Angelus’ mood wasn’t very good.

He paced angrily back and forth the room.

“There must be something I missed. The incantations, the blood... I don’t know...” he growled.

Spike managed to hide a snicker, covering his mouth with his hand.

“What are we going to do?” the vampiress wondered, whimpering.

“What we always do in time of trouble: turn to an old friend...” he answered in a threatening way and Spike had already understood what he planned to do and he knew he had to warn Buffy in time.

In the meantime, the light of hope had resumed sparkling into Drusilla’s eyes.

“We’ll have our Armageddon, I swear!” Angelus sneered wickedly, taking a vase from a table and smashing it to the floor, breaking it in a thousand pieces.

Spike was glad that he had given vent to his rage with that and not with his television. How would he survive without his daily episode of ‘Passions’, his favourite soap opera ever?

But it wasn’t time to think about television, he had to get out to warn Buffy, no matter what.

“Thanks for the show, it’s been ages since I’ve had such a good laugh. So, guys, as you keep playing to ‘Let’s destroy the world’ I guess I’ll go hunt, see you later!” he said nonchalantly, leaving the room.

Drusilla also left, but with a different goal in a mind and with a bunch of minions following her.

Angel preferred to remain there, trying to wake Acathla up again, with other victims.

Spike knew that he had to hurry up, because the warehouse was closer to the school than to the main graveyard.

Running madly, he arrived to the cemetery and saw Buffy as she was dealing with a vampire. He picked up a piece of wood off the ground and dusted the enemy before he could even realize it.

“Thank you, love, but... “ she exclaimed, but he cut her off.

“Run to school as fast as you can, pet, they wanna get your Watcher to find out how to wake Acathla up and destroy the World! It may be too late already, but if it’s so, don’t worry, I’ll prevent them from hurting him... much. I’ll play for time, you have my word!” he explained quickly as he ran with her, taking a different direction at half way, ready to come back to the warehouse.

****************************** (In the meantime)

Giles, Miss Calendar and Willow sat at one of the tables in the library, opening the first books for their research, when they heard a racket coming from outside and before they could do anything they found themselves surrounded by tons of vampires, whose leader was Drusilla.

“Bad people, trying to know the secrets that must not be known, Miss Edith didn’t like that...” she exclaimed, shaking her head and ordering her minions to attack them.

Giles and Willow tried to defend themselves, grabbing some stakes, but their adversaries were way too many.

Drusilla focused in Jenny.

“You are the naughty Gipsy who tried to give the hurtful spark back to my Angel, and fooled him, too! Come here, pretty!” she invited her, beckoning her with her index to come closer and the other woman pleased her.

“Look at me...” Drusilla started her chant, but she was surprised as well as puzzled and disappointed when she saw that the woman had backed off.

“Honey, you’re wasting your time with me. I’ve grown up among that stuff and there’s blood of the ancients of my tribe that flows through my veins and believe me when I say that they knew tricks that are much more powerful than yours!” Jenny explained proudly.

“So, your blood must be very yummy then!” the vampiress licked her lips in anticipation.

“Maybe, but... no way will you ever going to have a chance to taste it!” Jenny snapped, drawing out a crucifix she had hanging on her necklace and aiming it against her.

Drusilla growled, showing her true visage.

“There’s no fun playing with you!” she whined, backing off.

Anyway, as she had distracted the Gipsy, the minions had had time enough to take what they had come for. Or rather, who.

“C’mon, Drusilla, let’s go!” one of her minions called her out, running away with the knocked out man on his shoulders. She ran away with them, too, before the Principal Calendar could stop her.

“Noo, oh no! Rupert! Come back!” Jenny yelled desperately, chasing after them, but when she reached the exit, they had already disappeared.

She came back to the library and when she took a look around she realized that she had something else to be worried about.

“Oh my God, Willow!” she exclaimed, seeing the unconscious girl who was buried under a shelf that had crashed down on her.

But she wasn’t the only one who screamed in desperation.

“Oh, no! Will!” Buffy yelled, rushing into the library.

Without wasting any time, she raised the shelf as much as she could, as Jenny tried to draw Willow out, as delicately as she could.

She checked her pulse and she was relieved when she felt a regular heartbeat.

“She hit her head and passed out and she has some bruises and little cuts... but there’s no serious damage, thank God!” Jenny explained to Buffy, who was relieved by that news.

“Yeah, thank God!” Buffy repeated.

“But they took Rupert, I’m so worry for him!” Jenny got uptight.

“Don’t worry, Spike will watch out for him!”

“So? Is that supposed to make me feel better?” the woman snapped.

“Yes, it should!” Buffy answered back, dry and bothered. “Anyway, take Willow to hospital, she needs to be checked; she might have a concussion. I’ll go home to get all the weapons I need, and then I’ll go to the old warehouse to stop Angel and rescue Giles!” Buffy explained, approaching to the exit.

“Wait!” Jenny called her out.

“What?”

“Don’t kill Angelus. We... we have the cure now, so fight against him, but don’t kill him. I’m asking that just for her...” the woman explained, looking at Willow.

“I won’t, but I hope neither will he!” she said, leaving and running towards home to get the right equipment.

(End I)

Are you ready for another Simply Absurd stuff? ;) Trust me, it will be kind of fun!