Thank you so, so, so , so very much, Allison, Chelsea, Dell and BuffyAndSpikeforever!
Sorry for late, here’s the new part! ;)

Chapter thirty-five: Game Over

Hearing the thunderous noise, Giles had already placed himself behind Spike, strangling him lightly with an arm around his neck.

“You helped me before, so now let me help you!” the man whispered in the vampire’s ear.

Rushing inside the room, Angelus and Drusilla saw the broken chains and Spike trapped in the Watcher’s grip.

“Back off, otherwise I’ll kill him and I swear I’ll do it!” he exclaimed, aiming a stake a few inches from Spike’s heart, while the bleached blond vampire wondered wherever he had kept it hidden so far.

Well, he had something in common with his Slayer, no doubt about that.

Angelus and Drusilla didn’t move an inch.

“I’ve made him pretend to torture me, until now, and you’d better behave if you don’t want him to be...” Giles trailed, but Spike cut him off, snorting.

“Oh, Bugger this!” he grumbled annoyed, snatching the stake from the Watcher’s hand with a quick rough move and breaking free from his grip.

“But ...what the hell are you doing?” Angelus, Drusilla, and even Giles exclaimed at the same time, with the same puzzlement.

“C’mon! Did you really think they’d believe that you had set yourself free, fought against me and come off better when you are nothing but a shadow of yourself, man? First of all, I’d come off better even if you were in your best shape ever and I was blind with my hands tied behind my back! And second… Bloody Hell! This is not helping me, this is * humiliating * me!” Spike snapped.

“Boy, what kind of sick joke is this? It’s not fun at all!” Angelus growled at him.

“No sodding joke, buddy. Look, you know what? I happen to love the world and I love the Slayer, too. And the Slayer lives in this world. So, your bloody desire to destroy it... well, it doesn’t work for me… twice!” the younger vampire explained, as calm as never, deciding that the moment for confessions had finally come.

The two brunette vampires didn’t even have time to react, before one of the minions rushed in the room, panting due to the run and freaking out.

“Angelus, the Slayer! She is here and she’s doing a massacre! She is gonna kill us all!” he warned him.

Everyone left the room and rushed to the main room, seeing Buffy... and several piles of dust surrounding her, as another group of minions was getting ready to face her.

“Gee, honey, about bloody time, too!” Spike exclaimed, approached her to help her fight the attackers.

“Sorry, love, I tried to hurry as much as I could, but my mom was home (punching a vampire) and you know (another punch) it’s not easy to say (kicking another vampire): ‘Bye mom, I gotta go save the world, or at least try to do it! If I don’t come back it means that our enemies won and that the world’s destroyed!’ As you can easily guess, she had to become a little bit concerned (dusting the vampire) and apprehensive, so I had to talk with her for a while in order to calm her down (flipping another vampire)... and finally I succeeded!” she justified as Spike dusted some of the vampires that once used to be his minions, but now had chosen Angelus as their new Master.

Giles had also managed to come closer to the girl, defending himself from the attacks of the vampires.

“Uh! Buffy, look... I found out something interesting during my research: if Angelus manages to pull out the sword with his hands stained with his own blood, he will wake Acathla up, so don’t let him do that!” Giles warned her, realizing too late the huge idiotic thing he had just done.

“Alright! Thank you for this precious information... Pillock!” Angelus sneered, returning the same insult he had received from Giles a few hours before.

The brunette vampire ran towards the middle of the room, where the statue of the dangerous demon lied, but Buffy chased after him, crossing the path of all the minions, who, after figuring out how deadly was the pairing formed by the Slayer and their pissed off Former Master had decided that the best thing to do was to escape... and fast.

Spike had been throwing daggers at Giles with his eyes ever since he had opened his mouth that last time.

“And to think that Buffy said that you are the best Watcher she has ever had so far. Bloody hell, I just wonder how the others were, then!” he rolled his eyes and Giles was perfectly aware that the vampire was right and he couldn’t strike back, because he simply had no right to do it, not that time, not after the damage he had caused. “Look, buddy, a big battle is going to start and you’re too bloody weak to be helpful. So, just run away, while you still have the chance!” the bleached blond advised him immediately after, with a calmer tone and Giles figured out that he had better to follow his advice.

So, limping a little due to his weakness and injuries, the man managed to reach the exit and headed towards the hospital.

Spike finally got rid of the last minion who had had the very bad idea of remaining there.
He was about to reach and help Buffy, but there was still a very disappointed someone whom he had to deal with first: his Sire.

******************************* (In the meantime)

At the hospital, Miss Calendar and Willow had already started the ritual.

The woman said the words to Willow and the girl repeated them, a little bit laboriously due to her feeble state.

All of the sudden, in front of them, the orb of Thesula raised from the bed and started shining.

That was a clear sign that they were performing the spell in the right way.

Encouraged by that, they kept pronouncing the strange sentences restlessly, one after the other.

(End I)

Sorry, I know this was shamefully short... but you know me, I like some suspense!But I hope you enjoyed it anyway.

More stuff to come in the second part, trust me! ;)