Thank you so very very very much, Dell, Chelsea, buffyandSpikeForever, Cordykitten (Yayy!! Welcome back, dear) and Allison, your support is always wonderful!


I have just two words for this chapter : Simply.. crazy!

Chapter thirty-eight: From One Girl To The Other

(Lyrics from ‘Walk Away’ by Good Charlotte. I know, I know, I really have a thing for this band! But I swear it’s the last song from them I’ll use in this FF, plus, once again it seemed to provide the perfect background for the situation.)

2 DAYS LATER

It had been more than two months since Xander had left Sunnydale. He had moved to a city in the vicinity, asking his uncle Rory if he could stay with him and work in his bar. He knew that he couldn’t stay there for too long; he missed Sunnydale, but mostly he missed his friends. But he had said what he had said and he had to accept the consequences.

I MADE THIS BED, I CHOSE TO LIE IN IT
LIVE WITH MY REGRETS, SLEEP WITH WHAT I SAID

< But is it this what I really want? > the boy thought, as he wiped the last set of cups and glasses.

COULD THIS BE THE END, AM I STANDING ON THE EDGE
OF EVERYTHING I WANTED NOW? I WAS AFRAID, I WAS AFRAID

< Sure, that’s what made me run away. I didn’t want to face all that was happening and try to understand my friends, so I left... and that was coward...> he thought as he cleaned the counter.

AND MAYBE I’M JUST SCARED TO FACE THE THINGS I FEAR
IT’S EASIER TO WALK AWAY FROM EVERYTHING

< But, was it worth it? They’re my best friends, we’ve shared so many things and without them I feel broken, I... I wonder if they are thinking about me, maybe praying for me, because I need help, help find the courage to come back and face everything... >

SEPARATE MY SOUL WITH ALL THE THINGS WE SHARED
I’M FALLING TO PIECES NOW
SAY A PRAYER FOR ME WHEN YOU GO TO BED
I’M IN NEED OF YOUR FAITH NOW

PRAY FOR ME NOW, I’M IN NEED OF FAITH
PRAY FOR ME NOW, I’M IN NEED

< School is not a problem, after all I just lost a month of classes ... the real trouble will be facing Will and Buffy, if only we could start over, I’d try not to judge them so coldly anymore, so we could be happy together again...>

IF WE COULD JUST RESET AND LIVE IN HAPPINESS
INSTEAD OF OUR REGRETS, WE WOULD SALVAGE EVERYTHING
WE DON’T HAVE TO WALK AWAY

< Yeah, it’s time for me to be responsible and fix things up. I’ll leave this place and...> he mused, but he immediately changed his mind when he saw a beautiful girl get into the bar. She had long glossy black hair and mesmerizing eyes.

< Well, maybe not tonight... > Xander thought as he saw her come closer to him, pleased by the fact that their eyes had met and she was smiling sweetly at him as she sat at the counter.

“Your heart is sad, I can hear it complaining...” the girl started.

“You know, usually I just take customer’s orders! Anyway, I don’t know how you guessed that, but you’re right. Lately I don’t live exactly in Happyland…” the brunette explained, looking at her.

“I understand you. My poor heart is crying, too...”

“Let me help you make it better somehow…” Xander said, making a cocktail for her. “It’s on the house!” he smiled at her, giving her the glass.

“Thank you, my dear…” she smiled back, playing with the straw.

“How can such a pretty girl’s heart cry? Do you want to tell me what upsets you so much?” Xander wondered, taking advantage of the fact that the bar was about to close up and there were just a few customers left.

“I used to have two boyfriends who loved and cherished me...” she started to explain, sipping her drink. “But then I lost them both. The first one left me for the fire, the second one left me for the sun...” she said as Xander tried to understand what she was babbling about.

< Maybe it’s the classic choice between love and career. The first guy must have chosen to be a fireman and the other one... who knows? Maybe he became a surfer or a lifeguard on the beach... or something like that! > he thought but he decided that it was better not to ask her about that.

“What about you? You are here, but you don’t belong to this place, I can feel that...” she wondered, amazing him as he grew more and more fascinated by the mysterious girl with mesmerizing eyes.

It was almost as if she could see inside his mind and knew all that he was thinking and feeling.

“You’re right, I don’t belong here, I just moved in for a while, because I ran away from everything, because I didn’t want to face the things that now I know I have to face…” he started explaining as she stared at him with curiosity, almost as if she was studying him. “You know, I have two dear friends who started acting weird due to their new boyfriends. Why do all the good girls always go for the bad guys?” he went on and she smirked, taking his hand in hers.

“Well, did you ever wonder if the bad girls go for the sweet and good guys as you, kitten?” she smiled at him.

Confused and intrigued by her comment, he looked at her trying to determine how serious she was.

“Look, if you want to find out, follow me. Tonight I need someone to keep me company. Will you be that someone?” she suggested with a soft and gentle voice.

Without answering to her, Xander turned to his uncle.

“Hey, uncle Rory? I’m leaving. Please, close the bar for me, bye!” he waved and left with the mysterious and beautiful girl by his side, unable to believe his good luck.

Her hotel wasn’t far away, so they arrived to her room in just a few minutes.

It was a very elegant room, but two things caught Xander’s attention: the fact that on the shelf there was a china dolls collection, and that seemed to reveal a childish side to the girl, but mostly the fact that there were no mirrors around.

“Why is it that there are no mirrors in here?” he asked her.

“Mirrors are mean with Princess, they never let me see what I want to see...” she justified, sitting on the bed and inviting him to do the same.

“If you mean that you don’t like looking at your reflection, you are very wrong, because you are amazing, honey...” he smiled at her.

“Thank you, my sweet, but that’s not what I meant...” she murmured, caressing his hair as he looked enraptured at her face, who seemed as pale as the faces of her china dolls.

She had already taken off both his coat and t-shirt, caressing his chest with her well manicured and cold hands, in the most sensual way he’d ever experienced.

Pale. Cold. No mirrors.

That was a very dangerous series of coincidences, but as soon the girl’s mouth met Xander’s, he wasn’t able to think about anything else but the unbelievable pleasure he was feeling.

He had never felt such a strong and burning passion for anyone.

The girl parted from his mouth, tracing his neck with small kisses, going down towards his chest as she teased his nipples with her hands, her mouth and her teeth.

Xander was in such an overwhelming ecstasy that he didn’t even notice that the last nibbles had gone much deeper and that there was a trickle of blood descending down his stomach.

< Yummy, this precious is still a virgin!> she thought, smiling at him as he couldn’t help noticing how her lips seemed to be redder now.

No matter how wild and creepy she was, Xander didn’t fear that stranger at all, as she looked at him with a strange light sparkling in her eyes.

< And his blood will taste even better when...> she said to herself, straddling him as he stared at her with pure lust.

“Get ready, my sweet kitten, the fun is about to begin!”

(End I)

So? Did you expect that?

Anyway, there’ll be more of this very weird pairing in next part... but not only them... after all this is mostly a Spuffy FF, I didn’t forget LOL. :)