Thank you all, sorry for late!

From One Girl To The Other (III)

************************ (In the meantime)

“Hey, Cordy, am I wrong or is that guy Michael, Britney’s boyfriend?” Harmony exclaimed, sat at another table at the Bronze, with her best friend.

“Yeah, I know who he is. So?” Cordelia wondered, absentminded.

“So?! Don’t you know that he attends one of the most prestigious colleges in California? And did you ever see his car? Plus, tonight he’s all alone, I know that Britney went out with her friends, so, sorry, but this is a chance I can’t let escape. I’m going to hook my clutches on that guy, wish me good luck!” Harmony explained, getting up and leaving.

“Whatever!” Cordelia shrugged, as the other girl went away.

The brunette had kept going to the Bronze every night for more than a month, always hoping to see a certain person. She didn’t even know why he had left town so out of the blue.

But, as every other night before, her hope of seeing him was fading away once again. She was about to pick her things and return to her home upset, when she saw him get in, as he anxiously looked around.

Cordelia hoped that he was looking for her, but she was disappointed when she saw him approach to the table where Buffy and Willow sat, joined by two very gorgeous guys who seemed to be their boyfriends, judging by their smutty attitude toward each other.

But no matter how handsome the guys were, Cordelia seemed to have eyes only for Xander, and she was the first one who wondered why.

As soon as they saw their friend, Buffy and Willow got up, approaching him.

“Xander, you’re back!” they exclaimed at unison, taking him to their table and making him seat between them, which meant that Angel had to sit close to Spike, and neither of vampires liked that one bit.

“What? Why are you not mad at me? I told you such horrible things…” the boy wondered, astonished.

“Well, lately we are in a very forgiving mood. The past is in the past. Plus, you had your reasons, after all...” Willow explained as Buffy nodded.

“Well, I guess that my reasons were wrong!” Xander admitted and that stunned the two girls, as Spike and Angel looked at him with unusual attention. “Yeah, you heard me right. I’m sorry, I had no right to judge you the way I did. I should have tried to understand you... it’s not so easy to resist a vampire’s charm. They are able to make you feel all these new sensations and they are so full of passion. So, I really understand how you must feel with them. I’m not saying that I’m happy about it though...” he clarified, as Spike and Angel kept staring at him, exchanging an understanding look and nodding, confirming their doubts.

“Well, so it seems that Mr. Hyde has turned into Dr. Jekyll again!” Xander commented, turning to Angel and pissing him off. “And you must be the infamous William The Bloody. I finally meet you,” he went on, turning to Spike.

“Yeah, anyway, I prefer Spike!” the blond snapped.

“I know that there’s a lot of scary things about you, but your hair is surely the first one!” Xander added, pissing Spike off, too.

“Luv, do you mind if I eat him?” he asked Buffy, growling against the boy.

“Honey, do you mind if I help him do it?” Angel asked Willow, mirroring his Grandchilde’s actions.

“Spike! He’s on my friends’ list, plus, he’s a student. So, DOUBLE NO!” Buffy scolded him, getting up and sitting on his lap.

“I’m astonished, you shouldn’t talk that way. Where’s my sweet Angel?” Willow wondered with fake shock, approaching to her boyfriend and hugging him from behind.

“I’m just a soulful vamp, love, I’m not a saint!” Angel rolled his eyes, but he definitely changed his mood when she began peppering kisses all over his face.

“Anyway, Whelp, I’ve just known you for a minute and I can’t already stand you!” Spike snapped.

“I guess there’s something we have in common, after all!” Angel commented, with a half smile, looking at his Grandchilde.

“Well, let me inform you that I can’t stand you two as well, Dead Boy and Bleached Dead Boy Junior!” Xander struck back, and then he turned to his friends. “But at least I see that you are happy with them and that’s what counts. Who knows? Maybe in time I’d come to appreciate them... but I really doubt it,” he added.

“I doubt it, too!” Angel and Spike struck back at the same time.

“See? You guys already have the same opinion about something, I guess that’s a good start!” Buffy chuckled, holding Spike tight.

“So, Xan, tell us about what happened in those weeks, where did you go? What did you do?” Willow exhorted him.

“Well, I guess that this is not the right time for that, we’ll talk tomorrow, when we’re alone. Now I’d better let you four little doves enjoy your night. Anyway, you and you, treat them the best you can!” Xander summoned the two vampires, looking at them very seriously.

“Don’t worry, I’ll never ever make my Willow suffer anymore, that’s a promise!” Angel swore, hugging his girlfriend.

“And I can assure you that Buffy is in very good hands, too. Wait, it’s not that I am good, of course... Well, you know what I bloody mean!” Spike clarified.

“I hope so, well, bye girls, see you tomorrow!” he waved his goodbye and left.

“I still wonder what made him change his mind,” Buffy mumbled.

“Yeah, and so quickly, too!” Willow added.

“Dru!” Spike and Angel stated at unison.

“What?!” Buffy and Willow exclaimed in astonishment.

“They slept together...” Angel explained.

“And she must have bitten him, too...” Spike added.

“Uh! Anyway, how do you know that?” Willow asked them, more and more confused.

“We smelled her on him, so...” Angel answered.

“Eeeww! This smelling thing is so gross!” Buffy commented with a disgusted face.

“Wassup, sunshine? Don’t you like it when I smell you, Vanilla Girl?” Spike smiled, sniffing her neck, making her moan. “Pet, you know, this is the place where everything between us started. I still remember seeing you dance in such a sensual way ... will you dance for me again?” he asked her, nibbling her neck with his blunt teeth.

“Mm... of course. And then we could get out on the back exit to have a good fight… that will eventually turn into another kind of fight. What do you say?”

Buffy had just the time to say goodbye to Willow and Angel, because Spike dragged her to the dance floor with his supernatural speed.

“Willow, I was thinking ... your parents are back, I know, but my apartment is free. Do you wanna go there just to be alone... and make out? You know, I don’t like crowded places to do certain stuff, contrary to two people we know...” Angel said, pointing at Spike and Buffy who were already dancing at the centre of the dance floor in a very prohibitive way, not caring about all the people who watched them.

“Anyway, no making love, because the orbs are in your room, I know, but...”

“What if I told you that the last time I was over at your home, I left a couple of orbs in your drawer? You know, just in case...” she informed him.

“You’re a genius and I love you so much, baby!” he kissed her, and then he dragged her away with the same speed Spike had previously used on Buffy.

******************** (In the meantime)

Xander had just left, when he saw Cordelia at the back exit, as she was busy looking at her reflection in her pocket mirror and putting some lip-gloss on her lips, and then she pretended to see him, casually.

“Hey, that’s not right. I was about to throw a party because you had left town... and you come back?” she pretended to be annoyed.

“Thank you for your so warm welcome back. What about you? What are you doing outside, all alone?” he wondered, approaching her as he couldn’t help admiring her in the dark blue dress her open coat let him see.

“Well, I was getting myself ready for my glorious enter. You know, all the most popular girls arrive late to the parties,” Cordelia justified. “So, you’re back. Well, at least I can make fun of you again!” she added, changing subject very cleverly.

“Why do you like so much make fun of me, Miss Nothing-but-make-up?”

“And you even ask me! C’mon, you’re so weird. There must be a reason why you always attract all the demon girls and stuff like that. Think about it: the Mantis teacher, the Mummy girl...”

“The vampires...” he added.

“Yeah, the vampires... hey, wait! What vampiress?” she wondered in confusion.

“* This * vampiress!” he answered, showing her the bite marks on his neck.

Cordelia backed off.

“Does... does that mean... that... that you’re a vampire now?” she stuttered terrified.

Xander smiled at her, taking her hand.

< Oh no, here we go, he’s gonna bite me! Anyway, why didn’t he aim at my neck? Leave my wrist and aim at my neck, I have a really perfect neck ... well, everything about me is perfect!> she thought.

All the girl’s thoughts stopped though when he placed her hand on his chest, making her feel his heartbeat.

She smiled relieved, but just for a second.

“Uff, and to think I was already happy that I would only see you at night from now on. Instead, you will still be here irritating me even during daylight!” she snapped.

“You know what? I wish I was a vampire for real, so I could eat you in a heartbeat!” he snapped.

“Do you really think so? I would shove a stake in your heart before you could even open your fangy mouth!” she struck back.

“I hate you!” he said, looking deep into her eyes.

“Not more than I hate you!” she struck back and after some seconds of silent tension, the two brunette were already lost in each other arms as they kissed very passionately.

“You know, Drusilla, that’s the name of the vampiress I met, said that she will come back here ten years from now, and if I agree she’ll take me into her world...” he explained, taking her hands in his. “Cordy, do you want to give me a reason not to agree?”

For her only answer, the girl kissed him again.

“So, let’s sum up. The Mantis, the Mummy, the Vampiress and now... you. You were right, I really attract all the demonic creatures!” he chuckled.

“Hey!” she exclaimed, punching his shoulder playfully, and then she smiled at him, wrapping her arms around his neck. “Shut up and kiss me!”

TBC

Do you think this is the end? Nooo, there’s still an epilogue that’s so long that it could be a story on its own. No, well... I’m a tad exaggerated, anyway... it wont’ be short that’s for sure. That’s why I’m gonna split it in two or three.. according to how evil I want to be, lol! ;)

Are you ready?

p.s. If you happen to check also my newest story ‘If I were you’ , please, tell me whatever you think about that.. but thanks already for your wonderful support on this one.. ;)